jgoose71

Marvin Louis Guy, cop killer diserving the death penalty?

I'm posting this hear because information on this case seems to be hard to come by. Even a search of Speakers Corner, although their seems to be lots of opinions on the subject matter....:ph34r:

Marvin Guy had a bunch of masked shadowy figures coming through his window at 5:30 in the morning so he did what any good texan would do.... he lit them up with a 9mm pistol, exercising his 2nd amendment right and the good ol' fashioned castle doctrine.

Come to find out that those "shadowy figures" were actually police officers serving a "no-knock warrant."

Now here is where it get's tricky. The Killeen district attorney is trying him for capital murder and 3 attempts of capital murder and seeking the death penalty, and that is it. Nothing related to the original warrant.

And what I think is worse, I can't find anywhere anything that says why this guy would need a "no-knock warrant" issued on him. No mention of a history of violence or previous arrests or anything.

Anyone else have anything? Quite honestly, people come storming into my house at 3AM wearing black masks, they are likely to get shot too....B|

http://kdhnews.com/news/crime/attorneys-ask-judge-to-delay-trial-of-accused-cop-killer/article_fdb5306c-d260-11e4-8398-a7d305bd61af.html
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

cvfd1399

Im shooting also. The only thing I could think they could charge him with is felon in possession of a firearm if he had a felony in the past

No, they are not charging him with that, so I'm guessing the firearm was legal.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

As soon as I read your post, before I clicked on the links in a later post, I knew that Mr. Guy had to be not of white, Northern European ancestry.

Unfortunately, my first thoughts were correct.

The Burleson County prosecutors don't try to kill the white guy, but plan to continue to mess up his life.

The Bell County prosecutors insist on trying to kill the non-white guy.

Nice to see the system of justice we have applying equally to everyone.

Second Amendment incidents are likely to occur when LEOs fail to perform due diligence in their investigations before calling in the SWAT teams.

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/02/18/texas-man-cleared-of-murder-after-shooting-swat-team-member-during-no-knock-warrant/

funjumper101

As soon as I read your post, before I clicked on the links in a later post, I knew that Mr. Guy had to be not of white, Northern European ancestry.

Unfortunately, my first thoughts were correct.

The Burleson County prosecutors don't try to kill the white guy, but plan to continue to mess up his life.

The Bell County prosecutors insist on trying to kill the non-white guy.

Nice to see the system of justice we have applying equally to everyone.

Second Amendment incidents are likely to occur when LEOs fail to perform due diligence in their investigations before calling in the SWAT teams.

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/02/18/texas-man-cleared-of-murder-after-shooting-swat-team-member-during-no-knock-warrant/

I can't help but notice you had absolutely nothing to say in amazons thread about what happens when guns protect people. Is that because you will only comment on something that appears to agree with you?

Or is it that you, deep down, don't want good things to happen if they don't support your position?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

My guy may have a shot at beating the crooked bastards in Bell County.

No knock SWAT raids for recreational plant substances deserve to be met by fierce Second Amendment opposition.

Why aren't LEOs taught the history of the Eighteenth Amendment to the Constitution and why the Twenty-first Amendment was necessary to restore some level of sanity?

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Trial-Of-Man-Accused-Of-Killing-Local-Police-Officer-Delayed-302777171.html