JohnnyMarko

Murder charges unlikely after unborn baby cut from womb

JohnnyMarko

Murder charges unlikely after unborn baby cut from womb

This is going to get interesting

It's murder in my books.

It appears the baby lived shortly after removal so yes, I think the cunt should be charged, at least with extreme indifference first degree murder. But even without that, she has a $2 million bond and faces up to what, 48 years in prison?

In my opinion, she should fry for what she did.
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

In this case, police say Lane appears to have lured the victim to her home by posting a Craigslist ad for baby clothes.

"She obviously intended to terminate the pregnancy," 9NEWS legal analyst Scott Robinson said. "Is there a possibility that mental illness factored in? Of course."

Res ipsa loquitur.

champu

In this case, police say Lane appears to have lured the victim to her home by posting a Craigslist ad for baby clothes.

"She obviously intended to terminate the pregnancy," 9NEWS legal analyst Scott Robinson said. "Is there a possibility that mental illness factored in? Of course."

Res ipsa loquitur.

I don't speak eye-talian

Driver1

It appears the baby lived shortly after removal so yes, I think the cunt should be charged,

Here you seem to be defining the status of the baby/fetus as a person, and I'm assuming you are male - it begs the question......serious question -

The pro-choice debate pretty much comes down to the woman deciding the status of the fetus - is it going to be a person vs just some of her tissue.

So when a fetus is terminated involuntarily, why not have the mother make the choice if the attack was murder, or assault? And then try it accordingly

The other route is to take it from the perspective of the attacker - I'd have no problem in a case like this to state it's murder as the actions of the attacker we either directly, or can be argued to be to analogous to that. (i.e., they've demonstrated the desire to murder, and they actually acted on that desire - thus they are a threat to society in a murderous fashion)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

grue

Not murder in my opinion. Still attached to and contained within the host at the time of the attack, not yet a separate creature.

how dare you, being male and all, having an opinion on this....

(seriously, that position is equivalent to being ok with abortion right up to and including during the first parts of labor - it's pretty extreme. Even though I've advocated for the option to abort up to and including the 309th month following conception)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

rehmwa

***Not murder in my opinion. Still attached to and contained within the host at the time of the attack, not yet a separate creature.

how dare you, being male and all, having an opinion on this....

(seriously, that position is equivalent to being ok with abortion right up to and including during the first parts of labor - it's pretty extreme. Even though I've advocated for the option to abort up to and including the 309th month following conception)

Is a baby two months away from being born generally considered viable? I honestly don't know. If so I'd consider revising my view.
cavete terrae.

grue

Is a baby two months away from being born generally considered viable? I honestly don't know. If so I'd consider revising my view.

Most of them. We have two preemies in my family. My nephew and my daughter.

My wife and I are out of the possibility of getting pregnant, so I'm out of the discussion anyway. Social/subjective issues, I try to stay out of it, other than as discussion fodder, try to trust those directly involved to make decisions for themselves. But it's a lively debate topic to discuss regardless (until the absolutists on both sides get in and start being assholes to each other - then easier to disengage once it gets repetitivie).