lnx

Do you believe in global warming?

turtlespeed

You'd have to be an idiot to not see that ice level increasing is due to GW!

You'd have to be a simpleton to believe the situation is as simplistic as some people make it out to be.

Let me ask you if you've ever looked at a can of beer in your fridge? I'm sure you have. Did it have a lot of condensation on it? Probably not. The air in the fridge and the can of beer were roughly the same temperature. What happens though if you take the beer our of the fridge and put it on the kitchen counter? Does condensation form? Hmmm. Warmer air around something colder made something happen. Interesting.

I wonder what happens if something below freezing has warmer moist air blown over it. Do you think frost might form? Interesting, huh? Something WARMER made ice form where it previously wasn't.

Let me clue you into something. All weather is a result of temperature differences. As those temperature differences increase, so does the weather.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

***You'd have to be an idiot to not see that ice level increasing is due to GW!

You'd have to be a simpleton to believe the situation is as simplistic as some people make it out to be.

Let me ask you if you've ever looked at a can of beer in your fridge? I'm sure you have. Did it have a lot of condensation on it? Probably not. The air in the fridge and the can of beer were roughly the same temperature. What happens though if you take the beer our of the fridge and put it on the kitchen counter? Does condensation form? Hmmm. Warmer air around something colder made something happen. Interesting.

I wonder what happens if something below freezing has warmer moist air blown over it. Do you think frost might form? Interesting, huh? Something WARMER made ice form where it previously wasn't.

Let me clue you into something. All weather is a result of temperature differences. As those temperature differences increase, so does the weather.

You have to be even MORE of a simpleton to not see the satire, irony, sarcasm, (whatever the word of the day is), of my statement.:S

If you too that seriously, you are even farther gone than anyone expected.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You are not "ironic." You are a contrarian. If somebody says, "black," you say, "white." That has been your pattern of posting for months and months on end. It's tiresome and annoying. Grow up.
quade -

quade

You are not "ironic." You are a contrarian. If somebody says, "black," you say, "white." That has been your pattern of posting for months and months on end. It's tiresome and annoying. Grow up.

Ah - Playing the player I see.

Good on ya.

Grow up yourself. You could really benefit.[:/]
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Hey, guess what Turtle, I actually do get to call people trolls when I see them. You know why? Who am I to judge? Well, it comes with the virtual sheriff badge. You contribute pretty much nothing to any discussion except trolling to piss people off. It's not cute. It's not funny. It's just you getting your jollies at the expense of other people.

Again, grow up.
quade -

quade

Hey, guess what Turtle, I actually do get to call people trolls when I see them. You know why? Who am I to judge? Well, it comes with the virtual sherifs badge. You contribute pretty much nothing to any discussion except trolling to piss people off. It's not cute. It's not funny. It's just you getting your jollies at the expense of other people.

Again, grow up.

Edited -

This conversation should be in a PM, not in the open forum.

brenthutch

***>1000 year trend says it is both.

Yep. And it's been hard to see what direction the general trend is in - at least until about 150 years ago.

Unless it is man-made warming, in which case it can be divined in a few years.

Careful, if you disagree too much - you will be told to grow up.

why does it matter? disclaimer, the "you" in the following post is used in the general sense, and not directed at any one person.

I mean, you can choose to "go green" (for lack of a better term) or not. The reasons for your choice shouldn't really depend on if you "believe" in climate change (lol, like I "believe" in evolution or quantum theory).

You can choose to continue being irresponsible and selfish for your short term happiness, or you can choose to take a longer view and leave the air, water, soil, etc in better shape for future generations. Whether or not global climate change exists, is natural, or is man-made really doesn't matter.

It's like choosing not to murder someone. you probably choose to refrain from that act not because the consequences for murder are dire, but because murder is the wrong thing to do.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

BikerBabe

It's like choosing not to murder someone. you probably choose to refrain from that act not because the consequences for murder are dire, but because murder is the wrong thing to do.

Personally murder someone, or support/condone the murder.

I look at both pretty much the same.

I made my thoughts clear in another thread about that.