RonD1120

A&E Suspends Phil Robertson

rushmc

It was a metaphorical comment.
Totally related to lobbying efforts

So again the question - how is this any different than the NRA? It reacts to any and every proposed legislation that attacks gun rights, and it litigates against the ones that get enacted. If you're a gun hating crybaby, you hate the NRA who insist in getting in your face non stop.

Therein lies the main difference. Unalienable rights are endowed by their Creator. Homosexuality is a perverted temptation provided by Satan. God created Adam and Eve and intended for the two to become one. Adam and Steve cannot accomplish that union. Satan wants you to believe that it is just as good. Not scary, it is repulsive.

Ron, you can wrap your bigotry in any religious dogma you want. It doesn't make you any less of a bigot though.

And, if you're seriously going to argue that "God" doesn't believe these people should be treated as anything less than human....then, my friend, the word of God is truly lost on you.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

ianmdrennan

Therein lies the main difference. Unalienable rights are endowed by their Creator. Homosexuality is a perverted temptation provided by Satan. God created Adam and Eve and intended for the two to become one. Adam and Steve cannot accomplish that union. Satan wants you to believe that it is just as good. Not scary, it is repulsive.

Ron, you can wrap your bigotry in any religious dogma you want. It doesn't make you any less of a bigot though.

And, if you're seriously going to argue that "God" doesn't believe these people should be treated as anything less than human....then, my friend, the word of God is truly lost on you.

Ian

Whoa there big boy. I think they should be treated as human. There are sinners like we all are. There is a way out for them and for all of us.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

quade

Today was a great victory for bigoted speech.

/sigh

NO
For free speech but more over, allowing and tolerating beliefs other than yours (or mine)

An that is a good thing:)
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

jakee

I will repeat
Please try and keep up

Learn to write beyond a failing grade school level and you can piss and moan about being understood. Until you do that it's your own lazy arse fault.

there are no more vile and vitriolic activists groups today than the gay and lesbian activists groups

A) Westboro Baptist Church. NAMBLA. KKK. Aryan Nation. Sons of Thundr. The Muslim Brotherhood.

You're saying that pro gay and lesbian groups are worse than all of those guys? And you want to be taken seriously?

B) You're still saying that the pro gay activists are more vile than the people who want homosexuality to be punishable by death and who have succeeded in making it punishable by life imprisonment?

What examples do you have of this unbelievably horrific behaviour?

Now this is a good list
But
Most of these groups do not lobby now do they
And, once again, we get back to the religion of Islam
Hmmmm
Abraham Lincoln

ianmdrennan

Ian

Like the bigots who do not like Ron's or Phils thoughts or positions?

Wow
go figure
Abraham Lincoln

ianmdrennan

Ian

Biggest difference?
The NRA deals with others actions
For the most part, the gay and lesbian deal in others thoughts
This thread is a perfect example of this lobby's complete and udder lack of tolerance
Abraham Lincoln

Buddy, it's a total waste of time to engage with you - on any topic really. However, for the benefit of others who I can actually engage in intellectual conversation with, I'll explain my viewpoint in relation to your post.

I am beyond relieved that your way of thinking is on the way out and your ideas are going the way of the dodo. Fortunately history will render your ideas irrelevant, as they were destined to be.

I support, in every way, Phil's right to believe whatever he wants. What I do not support, in any way, is Phil (or your for that matter) dehumanization, intolerance, or promotion of those ideas of other people's lifestyle choice that have ZERO effect on you and their/your efforts to undermine their struggles - struggles by the way brought on by people and ideologies which YOU support. Whereas the same cannot be said for people like you - your lifestyle choices are affecting other people - and you have NO right to do that.

I've experienced, first hand, the effects of intolerant people like yourself's impact on others - your mindset is really no different than the arguments I heard in favor of apartheid so many years ago, and it's disgusting.

TLDR version:
Believe whatever you want, but you have no right to affect other peoples lives negatively with those beliefs.

Ian

Well I feel the same about you. But I will waste my time for the others here who really care to think and look at themselves

First off, YOU are what you say you dislike
YOU lie about Phil and his position
He dehumanizes no one. BUT, you must say he does to try and support your pitiful position

And for your so called relief?
Dream on pal
Keep telling yourself this
Cause if you were correct, Phil would not be back on the air as of this morning:)
And then you go and make assumptions about me and my beliefs:D:D
Now this is fucking hilarious
I have only defended Phil having a position so your claiming that I am intolerant is a blind ass attack on your part to try and change the topic:D

Intolerant blindness is the world in which you live my friend.
And PC bullshit is the law by which you try to beat those who do not believe as you do, into silence by trying to label them

You dont know fuck about me
Live with it pal

In the mean time, the world is a bit closer to being right by ignoring the intolerance that is your world, and putting Phil back on the air

Edited to add
The ONLY person affected by the BS you post about was Phil

Abraham Lincoln

It's ok - let all that anger out buddy. You'll feel better. Hopefully you'll learn a little more love and tolerance too :)

Well I feel the same about you. But I will waste my time for the others here who really care to think and look at themselves

:)
Ian

Oh
On another topic

I do not agree with you in any way

But, unlike you
I will not let your position wad my panties

Unlike you, I do not wish you thrown off any team or employment position because of your views (that I do not agree with)

Unlike you, I do not despise you because of your views, I only disagree and defend my own

Unlike you, my principals include tolerance and an understanding that there are many different thoughts and beliefs

And, unlike you, I can live with all the above
Abraham Lincoln

But, unlike you
I will not let your position wad my panties

You sure you're not trying to convince yourself there? Cause you sure seem to have your panties in a wad to me :)
You really need to let go of this anger you hold inside. It's not worth it, whatever has caused it.

Ian

See, you even think you have the power to anger me??:D

Oh the power of liberal intolerant thinking:D

Abraham Lincoln

And PC bullshit is the law by which you try to beat those who do not believe as you do, into silence by trying to label them

I do want to address this. PC is, without a doubt, out of hand. Just as out of hand though, is bigots using the above battle cry to umbrella their intolerance under the guise of "a battle against PC speech".

And, if I recall correctly, weren't you recently upset about a "gun nut" thread title? I know it goes against your PC ideals, but maybe you can ask them to make the title "Potential irresponsible gun handling" ;) Or, you could practice what you preach and suck it up cupcake.

Ian

rushmc

See, you even think you have the power to anger me??:D

Just making an observation. Go read your post. You're angry, but I don't think I have anything to do with it. You appear to just be an angry intolerant person in general. I suspect something has caused that, but I don't pretend to know what. I just hope you find peace and get over it.

Ian

ianmdrennan

I do want to address this. PC is, without a doubt, out of hand. Just as out of hand though, is bigots using the above battle cry to umbrella their intolerance under the guise of "a battle against PC speech".

And, if I recall correctly, weren't you recently upset about a "gun nut" thread title? I know it goes against your PC ideals, but maybe you can ask them to make the title "Potential irresponsible gun handling" ;) Or, you could practice what you preach and suck it up cupcake.

Ian

You once again claim something upset me:D

Please sir, you look silly doing this

The gun nut thread was silly
As was the display of intolerance
Hmmm

Common thread huh!

You see, if you have principally structured life, being consistent is much much easier
Abraham Lincoln

ianmdrennan

***See, you even think you have the power to anger me??:D

Just making an observation. Go read your post. You're angry, but I don't think I have anything to do with it. You appear to just be an angry intolerant person in general. I suspect something has caused that, but I don't pretend to know what. I just hope you find peace and get over it.

Ian
Again
I am not angry about anything
If anything I feel sorry for you but, that is a far as any emotion might go for me here

And as the anger goes, it does appear to me, you are projecting but, that would be a guess and I would not go as arrogantly far about knowing what someone is feeling on an internet thread.
Abraham Lincoln

I will give you one thing

I do have a problem tolerating intolerant arrogant people who seem to know what others feel:o

But I will have to work on that for the rest of my life

Abraham Lincoln

normiss

You have less than zero idea on Ian's life or anyone here with an opposing view for that matter.

Your argument is comical and insulting at the same time.

Your right
I dont

Any more than he knows what I tolerate or feel

But, he is the one that came after me after all

Telling me what I feel or believe
When the only thing I posted to was those intolerant of Phil

The hypocrisy is epic.
Abraham Lincoln

normiss

It's more of an "accepting reality" problem.
Yet that would explain the twisting of the issue in the first place.
;)

Hmmm
So tell me
what have I twisted?

But now, I guess you think you know me huh
Abraham Lincoln