Darius11

The Shomrim-(religious Police) and the lack of media coverage.

Darius11

I am curios as to how any mention of Shari law gets a few posts here even when they are from the most nefarious sources,
Yet the actual practice of religious law being enforced by a religious Militia on US citizens in the US is never brought up?

Its happening right here in NY daily.

I call bullshit.

Just think what would the media coverage be and how many threads would be on here if a single mosque sent two guys out to act like religious police?

The mosque would be within its rights to have a neighborhood watch in accordance with United States law. If their purpose was to enforce Sharia, all bets are off.

Shomrim (neighborhood watch group)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For other uses, see Shomrim.

Shomrim (Hebrew: שומרים‎, lit. "watchers" or "guards") are organizations of volunteer Jewish civilian patrols which have been set up in Hasidic and Haredi neighborhoods in the United States and England to combat burglary, vandalism, mugging, assault, domestic violence, nuisance crimes, and antisemitic attacks. They also help locate missing people.

Shomrim volunteers are unarmed and do not have the authority to make arrests. They are effective in tracking and detaining suspects until police arrive. Occasionally Shomrim members have been cited for using excessive force against non-Jewish suspects.[1][2][3]

In Brooklyn,[4] Baltimore,[5] and London [6] many residents call Shomrim instead of the police due to the former's quicker response time. However, the volunteer patrol has been criticized by the New York City Police Department for not always notifying police when a call comes in.[1] Additionally, Brooklyn Shomrim organizers have been accused of withholding information on suspected child molesters and Jewish criminals, in keeping with an interpretation of the Torah prohibition against mesirah (informing on a fellow Jew to the non-Jewish authorities).[7

Just blown away but how little press this shit is getting.

Should this be allowed?

See above

Why is there so little coverage?

What would you do if you are swamped by van filled with Shomrim?

In that I make a point of adhering to any laws with which I am familiar, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The people who are likely to be "swamped" are those up to no good, and they would be advised not to push their luck much further.

The ignorance contained in your post is rather well advanced.

For one thing, Judaism is a tribal identity with religious traditions, where Christianity and Islam are Universal Religions - big difference.

Oddly enough, both Christianity and Islam base their claim of authenticity entirely on Jewish tradition, but it is all about power when all is said and done.

In any event, Shomrim are NOT "religious police,' whether you agree with their purpose or not. They are more akin to Farrakhan's FOI (Fruit of Islam), who are the neighborhood bouncers in the areas where Elijah "Muhammad" (Poole) held sway.

I understand your loathing for things non-islamic if it is on a par with the contempt in which Islam is held in some circles. Nevertheless, if you are going to come down on the Hasidim and the Haredi (or Jews in general), you will not lack for material if you bother to get your facts straight, and your criticism could carry some weight. Your call.

BSBD,

Winsor

futuredivot

You know, when they start throwing strangers down on the streets and circumcising them, we can go apples to apples. Right now you just want someone to validate your prejudices and I can't do that.

Now, THERE's a mental image. :D
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I don't speak for Darius. But, I took the posting to be more a complaint about the difference in reaction by society as a whole.

If this "neighbourhood watch" program consisted of nothing but muslims and there was some mention of sharia along the way, his contention was that reaction would be completely different.

I agree with Darius, I also think the reaction would be entirely different.

Wow you get it exactly. Thank you i thought i was writing in Chinese for a second. However the people who want to turn this in to something else never will get it and i guess that's part of the point.

What can you do:|
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

falxori

What if this wasn't a Jewish group? Would you have the same problem with them? What if they were a Christian group or an overzealous girl scout troop? Would be hearing from you then?

Exactly...

Yes you would and if you did not it would be because most likely if it was a Christian group or a Muslim group there would already have been 10 threads months ago.

futuredivot

You know, when they start throwing strangers down on the streets and circumcising them, we can go apples to apples. Right now you just want someone to validate your prejudices and I can't do that.

You just validated your prejudice of me.

Its not prejudice to notice obvious things its called eyes and a brain.

If a black man gets life in prison for stealing 10 dollars and a white guy gets probation, you noticing that is not prejudice its called not being blinded.

The only thing i have hate for is hypocrites. They slow down humane progression as a species.

Unlike most people on here i don't think: hey let me find something that proves Liberals suck or right winged people are nuts or etc. and then go looking.

I have been hearing for months about this case and that case literally too many to write about. Maybe because i live in NY

However i noticed it seems only the people in NY know about it. Or talk about it and most are very pissed.

I thought wow what would the reaction be if a van of Muslim religious police or from a masque were going around terrorizing New yorkers?

I mean a mosque by it self was protested, Campbell soup making halal soup which is the same as making something kosher was protested.

Trust me i knew the bull shit i was going to get here as well, i am used to it. We have people here who approach a situation not on the action but on who has committed the action.

I understand your loathing for things non-islamic

you do not understand me at all. I hate hypocrites and most religious folks are just that no matter the religion.

The only thing i hate is lies and injustice, which to me are often cause by hypocrites therefore the above.

if you are going to come down on the Hasidim and the Haredi (or Jews in general)

If that was my goal i would be posting every negative thing about Jewish people i could find, every time a Jewish dude killed someone or got a DUI or whatever. Not interested in that you can focus on any group its pointless we all have good guys and bad guys.

I only wish we held people to the same standard, and when i see people blatantly lie and bull shit me and themselves well it just sad. Mainly because i think some of them don't even realize that to them who committed the act is more important then what the act was.

The mosque would be within its rights to have a neighborhood watch in accordance with United States law. If their purpose was to enforce Sharia, all bets are off.

I think if they went around bulling people, detaining people, attacking people, hiding crimes, and pedophilia it would be very fucked up and people should be pissed. That's whats happening here. but the sheep will sheep.

Darius11

The only thing i have hate for is hypocrites. They slow down humane progression as a species.

If you're going to hate something, hate stupid behavior, lack of a sense of humor, and the blowing of things out of proportion. If someone inconsistently stirs up stupid shit and acts like a moron, and your only complaint is that they're a hypocrit about it, then you're just going to end up with more stupid shit and moronic behavior.

"Hey, this guy over here never has any sense of perspective on any issue that's discussed!"

"Well, thank god he's not a hypocrit!"

Hypocrite-a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs.

The reason I hate hypocrites is the lie they represent. If we are honest there are moments that all of us can and have (stupid behavior, lack of a sense of humor, and the blowing of things out of proportion.) we are humans therefore you can't really define us by momentary lacks of logic.

However: Hypocrites often have a lack of logic as a belief system they pretend to represent.
Often it is not even done with that idea in their head as you often see here. They are simply unaware about how bias there views of right or wrong are, and how they apply different standards to different people.

I take huge issue with that. I actually think if we can get rid of hypocrisy we will be able to see things on eye level and actually evolve past the current step humanity is stuck in. But that's another LONG discussion as to the how and why.

A 37-year-old man acquitted of attempted murder charges after he shot four members the haredi Borough Park Shomrim street patrol in self-defense now says that his Shomrim attackers were yelling “Kill him, he’s a f–king Muslim!” and “I hope you die, you son of a bitch!” as they beat him.

Borough Park Shomrim Allegedly Mistook Alleged Sex Perv For Muslim, Attacked And Beat Him, Provoking Shooting

Yea i am sure if you change the names around “Kill him, he’s a f–king Christian, atheist, Jew, Black, Mormen!” everyone here would have the same reaction as they had in this thread.....i swear some of you guys are so full of shit. :D

Apparently they weren't mad that he was a pervert but they were mad that he was Muslim....Fucking priorities i guess.
For the record the guy was just a pervert not a Muslim. :S

Edit to add the rest of story

David Flores said the mob of crazed hasidic attackers mistook him for a Muslim because he was wearing a small knit cap.

Flores is Christian.

He shot and lightly wounded four of the hasidic attackers – and himself – as he tried to fend off the attack.

Flores said he was driving from his childhood home to a nearby bakery when a hasidic driven van stopped short in front of him.

A mob of about 20 hasidic men swarmed his car and began banging on its windows and kicking its doors.

The hasidic mob allegedly believed Flores had been watching local children and masturbating in his car.

One member of that hasidic mob was waving a black gun, Flores said.

“They say, ‘Get him out of the car, he’s a f–king Muslim!’ They had this look that was just complete rage. They wanted my blood,” Flores reportedly said.

Flores panicked and opened a car door to try to escape. The hasidim yanked him out of the can and began pummeling him.

“They’re punching me and kicking me, and I’m being tossed like a rag doll. I took the safety off [the small .22 caliber gun he had in his pocket] and began firing. I wanted it to stop. I never wanted to hurt anybody,” Flores said.

A woozy, bloody, confused and badly beaten Flores reportedly had asked Emergency Medical Technicians who responded to the shooting to call police – even though police had already been on the scene for several minutes at that time.

Shomrim claims Flores shot first and made up a story to cover his actions later.

“He came out from his car shooting. Once he started shooting, he was jumped,” Borough Park Shomrim coordinator Jacob Daskal insisted. Daskal also claimed that no one yelled anything at Flores.

The jury did not find Shomrim’s claims convincing enough to convict Flores, who was acquitted in late November 2013 on all charges against him – except for one illegal-gun charge.

But that gun charge could net Flores – who was reportedly was arrested 20 times previously on various charges, including burglary and assault – as much as 15 years in prison.

Flores did not testify at his trial.

How about this you guys ok with this too

Hasidic gay-bashers wore watchmen’s jackets, NYPD’s Ray Kelly says

According to the police commissioner, the crew who pounded on New York City College of Technology student Taj Patterson on Dec. 1 wore similar jackets. Multiple witnesses told cops that the Orthodox Jewish assailants sported shields and similar patches.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/hasidic-gay-bashers-watchmen-jackets-nypd-chief-article-1.1544066

Let me here the sheep's excuses.......

When you go looking for examples of Jewish offenses, it's just as one-sided as when others go looking for examples of Muslim offenses, or Christian offenses. Use the examples you've collected as counter-examples when someone unfairly targets a group (and yeah, I totally get where you're coming from -- but it makes you look shrill :P)

It's the whole play the game, not the player, thing. If nothing else, it gives you the moral upper hand.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Darius11

How about this you guys ok with this too

Hasidic gay-bashers wore watchmen’s jackets, NYPD’s Ray Kelly says

According to the police commissioner, the crew who pounded on New York City College of Technology student Taj Patterson on Dec. 1 wore similar jackets. Multiple witnesses told cops that the Orthodox Jewish assailants sported shields and similar patches.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/hasidic-gay-bashers-watchmen-jackets-nypd-chief-article-1.1544066

Let me here the sheep's excuses.......

Excuses for what? What these guys did was reprehensible, regardless of their affiliation, and they deserve to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I don't get the gay-bashing thing, regardless of who is behind it. I suppose there may be some pockets of Orthodox Judaism that have so negative a reaction, but I know of none.

If they were dressed as garbage men and pounding someone for being perceived as gay, I would not think that reflected badly on the Sanitation Department per se. If, however, the Sanitation Commissioner came out and said "This Department will not tolerate homosexuality. As part of our mandate to keep New York clean, Department personnel are hereby ordered to beat the tar out of anyone they even think might have homosexual tendencies..." I might view the actions of said garbage men in a different light.

Perhaps there are Rabbis who support violence toward gays, and I think that rather pushes the limits of the First Amendment. The right to free speech stops somewhat short of allowing conspiracy, incitement to riot, treason and that sort of thing, and I suspect there is limited protection afforded clergy of any description who advocate criminal actions.

I am sure there are Neighborhood Watch types that do not suffer from Little Dick Syndrome, but the ones that hit the news would appear to have terminal LDS. My sympathies to Mr. Patterson.

BSBD,

Winsor