rickjump1

Obama: 'We Have Accomplished As Much, If Not More, Than Any Time in Our History'

rickjump1

Refraining from invading any middle eastern nations has to count for something.

Because Syria and Libya aren't counted. Or Iran (Stuxnet).The Democrats have become so right ring that Kerry has bragged that our military would be funded by the Saudis in the event we fuck up Syria or Iran. Think about it - wartime profiteering by turning the US military into soldiers of fortune! I mean, there's a right wing idea.

When did we invade Syria or Libya? How many US troops on the ground in either place?

What are you smoking? What's this wee stuff. You have a mouse in your pocket? The Brits were there too.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8721291/Libya-SAS-leads-hunt-for-Gaddafi.html
"As a £1 million bounty was placed on Gaddafi’s head, soldiers from 22 SAS Regiment began guiding rebel soldiers after being ordered in by David Cameron.

For the first time, defence sources have confirmed that the SAS has been in Libya for several weeks, and played a key role in coordinating the fall of Tripoli.

Contrary to popular belief, the UK is NOT the 51st state of the USA.

I guess in addition to math and history, geography is not well taught in the US either.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Yeah, everything I say about the man is wrong.

Yes, it is. When he first ran for state senate he was pro-gay marriage. Shortly afterwards he was pro civil-unions but against pushing for gay marriage because it was politically difficult. Then for some time he was not personally supportive of gay marriage (but during that time voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment that would have officially defined marriage as being between a man and a woman) and now more recently he's decided that he's fully supportive of gay marriage again. All that info is easily found.

Where do you get that he was strongly opposed to gay marriage?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

rickjump1

Hey - we didn't have any boots on the ground in Japan when we nuked them.

Wrong.

The US POWs on the ground likely wore sandals if they were lucky. So he is right.

Nope, he's wrong and so are you.

jakee

Wrong.

The US POWs on the ground likely wore sandals if they were lucky. So he is right.

Nope, he's wrong and so are you. Show me.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

jakee

Wrong.

It's on account of the public school system. They even teach that the US won the War of 1812:D:D

rickjump1

Wrong.

Forgot to mention: poor at research too.

The billionaires bankrolling the Tea Party take full advantage.

kallend

Refraining from invading any middle eastern nations has to count for something.

Because Syria and Libya aren't counted. Or Iran (Stuxnet).The Democrats have become so right ring that Kerry has bragged that our military would be funded by the Saudis in the event we fuck up Syria or Iran. Think about it - wartime profiteering by turning the US military into soldiers of fortune! I mean, there's a right wing idea.

When did we invade Syria or Libya? How many US troops on the ground in either place?

What are you smoking? What's this wee stuff. You have a mouse in your pocket? The Brits were there too.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8721291/Libya-SAS-leads-hunt-for-Gaddafi.html
"As a £1 million bounty was placed on Gaddafi’s head, soldiers from 22 SAS Regiment began guiding rebel soldiers after being ordered in by David Cameron.

For the first time, defence sources have confirmed that the SAS has been in Libya for several weeks, and played a key role in coordinating the fall of Tripoli.

Contrary to popular belief, the UK is NOT the 51st state of the USA.

I guess in addition to math and history, geography is not well taught in the US either. You're right. Israel is the 51st state (just ask BHO). The UK "could" become 52d unless Mexico decides otherwise.:)

rickjump1

Wrong.

Honestly, it's not as if this stuff is hard to find.

You could have just googled "Pacific theatre" and found out for yourself.

jakee

Yeah, everything I say about the man is wrong.

Yes, it is. When he first ran for state senate he was pro-gay marriage. Shortly afterwards he was pro civil-unions but against pushing for gay marriage because it was politically difficult. Then for some time he was not personally supportive of gay marriage (but during that time voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment that would have officially defined marriage as being between a man and a woman) and now more recently he's decided that he's fully supportive of gay marriage again. All that info is easily found.

Where do you get that he was strongly opposed to gay marriage?

The man is nothing but smoke and mirrors like his "pretend composite girlfriend".

The man changes with the wind and so does his mentor Rev Jeremiah Wright (who now supports gay marriage). It's all about testing the political winds one way or the other. For him to get anywhere with the black community he followed Wright's advice: get married. He then tested the political winds in the black community concerning gay marriage. He opposed it strongly because the community opposed it. It was only after polls indicated a turn toward acceptance did he change. It doesn't matter what he felt inside. It was all political expediency, and that is what he is all about today. He would condone the marriage of humans and whales if it were politically expedient.

For him to get anywhere with the black community he followed Wright's advice: get married.

It is increasingly obvious that you are unable to think clearly, rationally or with any vestige of sanity when it comes to Obama.

I guess you could say that it's one of the main job descriptions of a Reverend to persuade people that getting married is a good thing but seriously, are you listening to yourself?

He opposed it strongly because the community opposed it.

I asked where you got that he was ever strongly opposed to gay marriage. Merely repeating the assertion does not qualify as an answer. I gave you a rundown of the way his position has changed, what have you got?

He would condone the marriage of humans and whales if it were politically expedient.

You know what's a good place to get close to whales? Okinawa, Japan:)

jakee

Wrong.

Honestly, it's not as if this stuff is hard to find.

You could have just googled "Pacific theatre" and found out for yourself. Thanks for the information.

kallend

I also find it noteworthy that you cherry pick "64 years." So 1959. Why not include Ike's whole term? You've got JFK, LBJ, Carter and Clinton.

Math wasn't your strong subject at school, was it?

Nope. I forgot to carry the 1.:S Yes, I hate when I do this.

But when I see the stock market of the past few years acting like the housing market of the 2000s and the NASDAQ of the late 1990s I do start to shake my head.

Because if there's one thing we should understand it's that bubbles are pretty neat short-term things. But boy are they dangerous.

What are your thoughts on a stock market that has risen in ways we haven't seen before? Does it concern you? Or is it something to applaud whem it outperforms any other stock bubble we've ever seen?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

kallend

Wrong.

It's on account of the public school system. They even teach that the US won the War of 1812:D:D We know the Brits single handedly won WWI and WWII, but the War of 1812? I thought a small band of squirrel hunters defeated the Brits just south of New Orleans on the Mississippi. They did all go home; right? Kind of creepy they keep coming back.

We fired our guns and the British kept a'comin. There wasn't quite as many as there was a while ago. We fired once more and they began a'runnin'. Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

We fired our guns and the British kept a'comin. There wasn't quite as many as there was a while ago. We fired once more and they began a'runnin'. Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.

......... and they ran through the places where a rabbit couldn't go!

:D
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I keep going over this quote from the President. I don't have any context. But it seems to me that it is incomplete or useless.

If I said, "We have accomplished as much or more than any other similar group in history" that would be quite a statement. However, he didn't say that. What he said was, "We have accomplished as much".

Today, I have accomplished exactly as much as I have in my history. Tomorrow, I can say the same.

So, is something missing from the statement (some measuring stick to compare to), or is the statement completely useless in that it says we have accomplished what we have accomplished?

The phrase, "if not more" certainly makes it silly. How can you accomplish more than you have accomplished?

Sounds to me like he was flying without a teleprompter again.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

And the British/Canadians burned Washington DC and kept Canada, all as a sideshow from the REAL war against Napoleon Bonapart.

Good job there's a catchy song to distract you from the US failure to achieve any of its strategic aims in starting the war.

wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_won_and_who_lost_in_the_War_of_1812