powerofbinary

Tea Party - Not all Bad

You wrote the following

If the Tea Party really, really, wants to grow, its members should start businesses giving jobs to people who are currently on welfare, removing them from the rolls. Simply hoping that they'll stop voting and procreating will help nothing.

We can go no further
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

So you are suggesting the Tea Party follow a similar tactic as the Democrats did? Get people on welfare so they are dependent on you and tell them is they don't vote for you, their government check will be cut off? Then make it a generational thing that becomes the way they think about life in general? No hope and plenty of despair?

That tactic??

No. Just make it so that they have some investment, financial and emotional, in things the way you want them to be. Calling people stupid until they agree with you isn't nearly as effective as providing a way for them to engage.

I agree the welfare state has grown too much. I just don't agree that anger and hoping is the way to fight it; there are real people, with just as much of a right to vote, involved. Taking away their right to vote is unAmerican, in the most basic way.

Some of them are legitimately disabled; waiting for them to die isn't realistic, because other legitimately disabled are being born. But some people simply have no good options that they're aware of, and they're not innately resourceful people. I'm saying that hoping that unresourceful people become resourceful isn't a winning strategy -- ain't gonna happen. Figure out how to be their first resource of choice.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

rushmc

***It really does only matter that your party is growing, if it's growing faster than the other ones. How do you make that happen?

Wendy P.

Wendy
I am talking about the flat F#@%king lie

Irony score 10/10

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

******It really does only matter that your party is growing, if it's growing faster than the other ones. How do you make that happen?

Wendy P.

Wendy

Irony score 10/10

Talk about selective Irony

You have blinders on to lies from the left

Ban any guns today?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

rushmc

*********It really does only matter that your party is growing, if it's growing faster than the other ones. How do you make that happen?

Wendy P.

Wendy

Irony score 10/10

Talk about selective Irony

You have blinders on to lies from the left

Ban any guns today?

Irony score 10/10

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

OHCHUTE

Tea Party needs to concentrate on: more jobs, better economy, lower tuition costs, lower food costs, a safer environment, less war, more indictments of wall street criminals, a way to legal immigration, etc., instead of worrying about women, and being obstructionists. They will lose the VA governors race based on this fact.

Sure, but the way to legal immigration is to apply like anyone else legally. If we were to begin deportations of people here illegally, many would go home, but we have sanctuary cities, and a president who dreams of making them all democrats. Effectively plugging both borders would be a plus.

Most of the people I know who are involved with the Tea Party do not like the idea of the United States being the policemen of the world, and I agree. We send our young men "and women" around the world to fight "limited wars" only to return with broken bodies and broken spirited.

Sending foreign aid or military aid directly or indirectly to the very people who want to kill us is also not a good idea. It doesn't seem to matter to the US State Department as long as somebody makes a buck out of it. Choosing sides in Libya, Syria, or Egypt seems crazy to a lot of us.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

wmw999

No. Just make it so that they have some investment, financial and emotional, in things the way you want them to be. Calling people stupid until they agree with you isn't nearly as effective as providing a way for them to engage.

I agree the welfare state has grown too much. I just don't agree that anger and hoping is the way to fight it; there are real people, with just as much of a right to vote, involved. Taking away their right to vote is unAmerican, in the most basic way.

Some of them are legitimately disabled; waiting for them to die isn't realistic, because other legitimately disabled are being born. But some people simply have no good options that they're aware of, and they're not innately resourceful people. I'm saying that hoping that unresourceful people become resourceful isn't a winning strategy -- ain't gonna happen. Figure out how to be their first resource of choice.

Wendy P.

In light of the fools errand -to defund O-CARE, NOT TOO MANY ARE JOINING TpARTY RANKS. In fact, House members are distancing themselves from T-Party.

The way to get growing members to a party is to offer free stuff. Food, healthcare, free college, free housing etc., as democrats have done quite effectively. Republicans need to start PROMOTING: giving middleclass free stuff and in fact, handing out free money. As if the opposition does supply free food, housing, college, etc., the inducement must exceed what opposing forces already supply. Hell Hillary was in VA talking about the Republican's taking away free food during the shutdown. God forbid people go hungry by taking away the free food they get.