piisfish

Guns for everyone. Good reason

That guy was a wannabe "gun expert". In skydiving he would be called a "skygod" or a 100 jump wonder.

Also, if you watch his other videos he talks about how stupid he was..... And there are factors that I bet you don't know.

For one, he was using a "serpa" brand holster. It has a positive retention system that makes the user put his trigger finger right above the trigger and press down. There have been numerous cases of ND's from this system... I don't recommend it.

In the end.... Yes, he screwed up and admitted he screwed up. But this would be no different than the 100 jump wonder trying to swoop in front of a camera and pounding in.

DaVinci

For one, he was using a "serpa" brand holster. It has a positive retention system that makes the user put his trigger finger right above the trigger and press down. There have been numerous cases of ND's from this system... I don't recommend it.

Looks like there is a lot of unhappiness over the Serpa: http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=btDNeHTpjpI%3D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That does look to be a poor design. Made in the USA? I thought Americans were supposed to be good at this gun stuff? Have the Blackhawk/Serpa guys talk to some proper German engineers; they'll sort them out out with something that works (and less likely to cause you to shoot yourself in the leg)
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

DaVinci

That guy was a wannabe "gun expert". In skydiving he would be called a "skygod" or a 100 jump wonder.

Also, if you watch his other videos he talks about how stupid he was..... And there are factors that I bet you don't know..

I didn't know about the factors, but from the 1st second, he didn't "look right"...
And IMO guns should be pulled from wannabe's...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

And should we ground every 100 jump wonder? If we do that, then maybe we destroy the next Dan BC or Jefferies.

He was an idiot using bad equipment. He *admitted* his error and he hurt no one but himself.

I didn't know about the factors

And yet you passed judgment on him.... Interesting.

DaVinci

And should we ground every 100 jump wonder? If we do that, then maybe we destroy the next Dan BC or Jefferies.

He was an idiot using bad equipment. He *admitted* his error and he hurt no one but himself.

***I didn't know about the factors

And you called him "idiot".

Irony score 10/10
:D

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***I didn't know about the factors

And you called him "idiot".

Irony score 10/10
:D

And I knew more about the topic than you and the other poster combined.

See I KNEW the equipment. I have taken training very much like he was trying to show. I have taught that very scenario.

The other poster didn't know about the equipment and didn't know the training.... to quote him: "I didn't know about the factors"

So he rushed to judge without all the information... Kinda like you just did.;)

Irony score 10/10

kallend

Keep digging that hole for yourself.

Same to you

I knew more about the topic than you and the other poster combined.

See I KNEW the equipment. I have taken training very much like he was trying to show. I have taught that very scenario.

The other poster didn't know about the equipment and didn't know the training.... to quote him: "I didn't know about the factors"

So he rushed to judge without all the information... Kinda like you just did.Wink

Irony score 10/10