airdvr

Liberal Theatrics

airdvr

Reprieve: When will White House transfer cleared Gitmo prisoners? http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/11/opinion/reprieve-mos-def-gitmo-force-feeding/index.html?iref=allsearch

Same procedure thousands of hospital patients have daily. Oh, the humanity!

What? Patients are force-fed?
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

NorrinRadd

***Reprieve: When will White House transfer cleared Gitmo prisoners? http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/11/opinion/reprieve-mos-def-gitmo-force-feeding/index.html?iref=allsearch

Tubes stuffed down their throats. Only way it could have been more effective is to have Morgan Freeman doing the voice-over.

I wish I could tell you that Mos-Def fought the good fight, and the guards let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but Gitmo is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - Gitmo life consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, Mos-Def would show up with fresh ketchup stains on his shirt. The guards kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for Mos-Def - that was his routine. I do believe those first two years were the worst for him, and I also believe that if things had gone on that way, this place would have got the best of him.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I really never get why people who claim to love this country don’t get pissed when we commit blasphemy, when it comes to what we SAY we stand for.

America is great because of what we stand for, what makes us great when we stand for nothing?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

airdvr

******Reprieve: When will White House transfer cleared Gitmo prisoners? http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/11/opinion/reprieve-mos-def-gitmo-force-feeding/index.html?iref=allsearch

Tubes stuffed down their throats. Only way it could have been more effective is to have Morgan Freeman doing the voice-over.

Patients get tubes stuffed down their throats against their will in non- emergency situations?
Dude... you are over simplifying a situation just so you can create a sound-bite that proves some point you are fabricating. Patients also have parts of their bodies removed during amputations and other surgical procedures... are you gonna tell people who are getting tortured by having parts cut off that they should suck it up like all those patients?
Torture is torture. You can't dress it up any other way. If you are fine with torture, then just say so. Don't try and sell it to us with this rhetoric. Not that naive.

airdvr

Reprieve: When will White House transfer cleared Gitmo prisoners?

The White House has tried: repeatedly.

Congress keeps voting it down. Specifically, the opposition members, the "do nothing" members of the REPUBLICAN party.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Darius11

I really never get why people who claim to love this country don’t get pissed when we commit blasphemy, when it comes to what we SAY we stand for.

America is great because of what we stand for, what makes us great when we stand for nothing?

I have no such sympathy for terrorists....ooh wait. Have to change that to enemy combatants.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

***I really never get why people who claim to love this country don’t get pissed when we commit blasphemy, when it comes to what we SAY we stand for.

I have no such sympathy for terrorists....ooh wait. Have to change that to enemy combatants.
Yep. May as well act like them too, right?

quade

***Reprieve: When will White House transfer cleared Gitmo prisoners?

Congress keeps voting it down. Specifically, the opposition members, the "do nothing" members of the REPUBLICAN party.

If they're doing something you don't like they must be on the right track. BTW...doesn't take much to see it wasn't just republicans.

5/20/2009

Democrats lined up with Republicans in the 90-6 vote that came on the heels of a similar move a week ago in the House, underscoring widespread apprehension among Obama's congressional allies over voters' strong feelings about bringing detainees to the U.S. from the prison in Cuba.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/30826649/ns/politics-capitol_hill/t/senate-blocks-transfer-gitmo-detainees/#.UgPI3dLQqzk

Destinations by Roxanne

NorrinRadd

******I really never get why people who claim to love this country don’t get pissed when we commit blasphemy, when it comes to what we SAY we stand for.

Can't recall any terrorist force feeding US prisoners. I have to believe they'd probably leave them to starve. Saves sharpening the blades after they cut their heads off.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

*********I really never get why people who claim to love this country don’t get pissed when we commit blasphemy, when it comes to what we SAY we stand for.

Can't recall any terrorist force feeding US prisoners. I have to believe they'd probably leave them to starve. Saves sharpening the blades after they cut their heads off.
Torturing their prisoners. Techniques may vary. Incidentally, how do you know what techniques they use?
Anyways, time to sign off this thread, I feel like I am just feeding a troll.

NorrinRadd

************I really never get why people who claim to love this country don’t get pissed when we commit blasphemy, when it comes to what we SAY we stand for.

Torturing their prisoners. Techniques may vary. Incidentally, how do you know what techniques they use?
Anyways, time to sign off this thread, I feel like I am just feeding a troll.

nah, you just missed the whole point of the thread. Mos-Def could have done a better job acting.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

******Reprieve: When will White House transfer cleared Gitmo prisoners?

If they're doing something you don't like they must be on the right track. BTW...doesn't take much to see it wasn't just republicans.

5/20/2009

Democrats lined up with Republicans in the 90-6 vote that came on the heels of a similar move a week ago in the House, underscoring widespread apprehension among Obama's congressional allies over voters' strong feelings about bringing detainees to the U.S. from the prison in Cuba.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/30826649/ns/politics-capitol_hill/t/senate-blocks-transfer-gitmo-detainees/#.UgPI3dLQqzk

From the same article you linked.

Vote was a GOP victory
The lopsided vote was a victory for the Senate Republicans, who have recently turned their attention to Obama's policies on foreign policy and terrorism after failing to make headway in criticizing his economic program.

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

quade

*********Reprieve: When will White House transfer cleared Gitmo prisoners?

5/20/2009

From the same article you linked.

Vote was a GOP victory
The lopsided vote was a victory for the Senate Republicans, who have recently turned their attention to Obama's policies on foreign policy and terrorism after failing to make headway in criticizing his economic program.

I see how it works now. It's always the republican's fault regardless of how many dems come along for the ride.

Destinations by Roxanne

That really is news to the medical profession, any competent patient has the right to refuse an NG (nasogastric tube), even if that results in their death.

It's on any advanced directive, stop getting your medical advice from Sarah Palin.

jclalor

That really is news to the medical profession, any competent patient has the right to refuse an NG (nasogastric tube), even if that results in their death.

It's on any advanced directive, stop getting your medical advice from Sarah Palin.

And another swing and a miss at the thread topic.

Here's how it looks without the theatrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=en5ctZInOyA

Destinations by Roxanne

Here's how it looks without the theatrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=en5ctZInOyA

I thank you for the informative video, but I have inserted one or two or 5 hundred myself, and they are not inserted on people who refuse. People who are not competent to make their own decision are sedated before insertion.

Frankly, I think were closer on this one than you think, let them kill themselves, and then we never have to worry about them returning to the "battlefield" again.

If you can give me a definition of what a terrorist is or what makes one or a group a terrorist let me know?

It can’t be who you decide or who you don’t like I believe that’s called fascism. So something to base it on other then opnion?

quade

***Reprieve: When will White House transfer cleared Gitmo prisoners?

I seem to recall that in May, 2009, the GOP had but 41 seats of 100 in the Senate. And the House was 255 Democrat to 179 Republican. And when the Senate voted on the bill to stop funding Gitmo, the vote was something like 91-6. Something crazy like that.

The Democrats could have walked all over the GOP. And did in passing the ACA.

Ever notice that everything that should have happened and didn't is the fault of the GOP, george Bush, Ronald Reagan, etc. Blame lies everywhere else but with the President and with members of his party. Why isn't gitmo closed? Because the POTUS doesn't want to close it. Nor does Congress.

The Bush admin's abuses (and those of the various Congresses that empowered them) were awful things to Obama when he was campaigning. Then he took office and, damn, the power was pretty damned sweet.

The point? The GOP is not the "Party of No" when it comes to police state. In that case, the GOP is the party of, "Yes." To think, it used to be the Democrats that appreciated the Bill of Rights.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

If you’re going to hold us to the same standard then they already have won. :| sorry your willing to give up on what makes this country so great so easily:(:(:(

i don't even think we would have a problem with them starving themselves. All we'd have to do is put a nice, big, steaming pile of whatever it is they love to eat in front of them on a daily basis.

Destinations by Roxanne

[Reply]Vote was a GOP victory
The lopsided vote was a victory for the Senate Republicans, who have recently turned their attention to Obama's policies on foreign policy and terrorism after failing to make headway in criticizing his economic program

Only in politics can 49 democrats vote for something and 41 Republicans vote for something and it be called a "GOP Victory." It would have been swell to have a "Party of No."

Please note - this is the only shit where bipartisanship thrives.

I wonder what other victories are out there. The Byrd-Hagel resolution that sank the Kyoto protocol in the US was Democrat victory. Even though the Dems had a minority in the Senate, they prevailed in a 95-0 Senate vote that doomed ratification. Those Democrats kicked ass.

Enough of the bullshit spin.

quade

I'm sorry, who was it that gave Usama bin Laden his start?

His family. But if you want to go to American sources, do a Google search on Operation Cyclone. Commencing in 1979. The Republican President of 1979 agreed with the GOP controlled House and Senate of 1979, right?

Facts really really get in the way of perception sometime. Reagan had balls, though. He didn't say, "I'm stuck with this program from Carter. Don't blame me. It's the Democrats that won't let me stop it."