livendive

Most Christians I know wouldn't vote for Jesus

turtlespeed

******Liars often offer things to people that they have no right,power, or intention to deliver.

Do you mean things like an eternity of bliss in heaven?

More like 72 Virgins.:)
Six of one, half dozen of the other.
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

okalb

*********Liars often offer things to people that they have no right,power, or intention to deliver.

72 is a dozen half dozens.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

************Liars often offer things to people that they have no right,power, or intention to deliver.

72 is a dozen half dozens.:ph34r:

I understand that virgins are becoming scarce in heaven. Something to do with not wanting to hang out with terrorists.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Andy9o8

It's interesting that you feel compelled to mention liberals 3 times, in 2 of which you use the dismissive semi-pejorative "lib(s)". You're so busy trying to discern and debunk a partisan perspective that you wind up projecting an extreme, almost caricatured, partisan perspective. Name-giving is just a back-handed way of name-calling; but more to the point, it's playing the player and not the ball. And parroting tired, old FoxNews-style sloganeering has become, well, tired and old. Gingrich ain't Mr. Speaker no more, and Conservatives who are conscientious about keeping their message credible and effective need to modernize their game.

You make some interesting counter-points that merit consideration. But then you distract the reader from your own message by trash-talking. Pity.

That's because I usually here such a list from liberals. I don't here it often (or at all as far as memory serves) from diehard, rightwing zealots :)
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

jclalor

The funny thing about the bible is that I can quote to you chapter and verse to contradict everything you claim above, then you can do the same to me. The Bible, if nothing else is a book of complete contradictions. You quote Jesus as saying he did not come to abolish the law and then Jesus violates the law by forgiving the adulteress and not allowing others to stone her. Also, the funny thing about John 8:7, one of the most famous Biblical passages, No manuscript before the fourth century contains the passage, who the hell who knows who wrote it.

Be my guest. You're welcome to try. As for, "Jesus violates the law by forgiving the adulteress" nowhere in the story did He violate the law. In fact, that was a chief contention among the Pharisees and Sadducees that only God could forgive sins. And if Christ was who He said He was, then He wasn't violating anything.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

]

Be my guest. You're welcome to try. As for, "Jesus violates the law by forgiving the adulteress" nowhere in the story did He violate the law. In fact, that was a chief contention among the Pharisees and Sadducees that only God could forgive sins. And if Christ was who He said He was, then He wasn't violating anything.

The whole point of this passage was to put Jesus on the spot; Would he follow the Jewish law, as he claimed and condemn the woman to death? Or would he practice what he now preaches, forgiveness? They thought they had him cold, but he was clever enough to pull out the old "He who is without sin" line. The different authors of the NT had very different ideas on the Importance of following the old law. The fact that we only have copies of copies of copies of copies, and no original manuscripts, and major variations of the ones we do have, we have no idea what changes could have been made in the first 400 years after Christ's death.