kallend

Immigration Bill passes the Senate

An overwhelming majority of the Senate, the President, and a likely majority of the House approve of this legislation formed by a distinctly bipartisan group, and Boehner has the gall to say he's going to block it because we have to quit kicking this political football down the field and do something. How about letting the House view on it? :S

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I honestly don't get the argument on this one. I am as far right on this one as you can go.

Every country will kick out people who break the law and unlawfully enter their country. For many reasons other then racism. Logical reasons. Safety, control of diseases, knowing who the fuck is coming inn.

I don't get anyone who thinks we should have open boarders, and that's the alternative to not enforcing the law.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Gravitymaster

But I expect the Party of No will block any meaningful action in the House.

Yep, the party of No Rewards for breaking the law will prevail.

Let's hope so.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Darius11

I honestly don't get the argument on this one. I am as far right on this one as you can go.

Every country will kick out people who break the law and unlawfully enter their country. For many reasons other then racism. Logical reasons. Safety, control of diseases, knowing who the fuck is coming inn.

I don't get anyone who thinks we should have open boarders, and that's the alternative to not enforcing the law.

Which part of the bill proposes "open boarders" (sic).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Let me try and explain it in terms you can grasp. I don't think anyone in here dismisses the need for immigration reform. The millions of illegals aren't going anywhere anytime soon and to ignore it is to our own peril. However, the reason there are millions of illegals here is we have no control of our borders...none.

We tried this in 1986 and it has done nothing. We can legislate to our heart's content but not make a dent until we get control of our borders. If we enact this bill as it stands it will be a huge incentive for even more illegals to enter the country.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

airdvr

Let me try and explain it in terms you can grasp. I don't think anyone in here dismisses the need for immigration reform. The millions of illegals aren't going anywhere anytime soon and to ignore it is to our own peril. However, the reason there are millions of illegals here is we have no control of our borders...none.

Let me explain it to you in terms even you can understand.

The Senate bill requires employers to verify the eligibility of their workers, DOUBLES the number of agents stationed on the southern border, and sets aside $4BILLION for border control.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

***Let me try and explain it in terms you can grasp. I don't think anyone in here dismisses the need for immigration reform. The millions of illegals aren't going anywhere anytime soon and to ignore it is to our own peril. However, the reason there are millions of illegals here is we have no control of our borders...none.

Let me explain it to you in terms even you can understand.

The Senate bill requires employers to verify the eligibility of their workers, DOUBLES the number of agents stationed on the southern border, and sets aside $4BILLION for border control.

Cite please. Requiring employers to verify eligibility has been the law of the land since 1986. How many more agents? How do I know 4 Billion is enough? That used to be a big number but now it's chickenfeed. It's a 1200 page bill. Haven't we learned from the recent crap loaded on us from congress that this is just another tax increase in the form of immigration reform.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

The millions of illegals aren't going anywhere anytime soon and to ignore it is to our own peril. However, the reason there are millions of illegals here is we have no control of our borders...none.

Arizona has actually done a pretty good job of this.

UAS monitoring high traffic routes, increase in the Border patrol personnel, and building of 'the wall' have had a significant impact on illegal crossing between the Sonoita and Naco areas. In 2002 there were over 900k apprehensions by BP. in 2011 that number was down to 11k. Still alot but HUGE numbers drop. Its been so effective that Texas and New Mexico are reporting increased numbers along their borders.

Source: Border Patrol Station Manager @ Naco

SkyDekker

Fair enough, how do you control the boarders without bankrupting the country?

How do you know you have effective control?

The easiest way is not with tanks on the boarders, but with enforcement of the law.

Fine and jail anyone who hires illegals. The reason we have illegals is people mostly white upper class citizens give them jobs and never really get punished. Kill the source then there is no reason to come. Also deport illegals if they come back deport them again. Simple as that.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Fine and jail anyone who hires illegals. The reason we have illegals is people mostly white upper class citizens give them jobs and never really get punished.

They give money to political candidates. Can't have that :|

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)