Andy9o8

YET ANOTHER Republican clueless about rape

promise5

Yes, I am pro-life. But, since when does rape become about a certain political party?

when that party decided that having lost the general battle on abortion, it would work on the edges with late term abortions, seeking to ban them in all circumstances, even if rape or the mother's health is involved. They propose laws that remove doctor's judgement from the equation. And when challenged, they've been saying ridiculous claims like rape doesn't result in pregnancy at all, or not very much.

That's why rape has become a GOP sticking point.

I wonder if Liberal Democrat females have a higher incidence of rape than Conservative Republican females.

I was just thinking, I'll bet they do because of the company they keep and the areas where they live.

In the military there is a higher incidence of female rape. But, in actual numbers of cases male on male rape is greater.

Why do we believe that power over another human being is that important? Is it because the liberal influence is frustrating, demeaning and people lack a sense of self worth?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>I wonder if Liberal Democrat females have a higher incidence of rape than Conservative
>Republican females.

Looks like the opposite is true based on the higher incidence of rape in the military; they are primarily conservative.

>I was just thinking, I'll bet they do because of the company they keep and the areas
>where they live.

And the conservative meme that men are superior to women, women should submit to them, it's not really rape if there's no pregnancy etc. The more liberal meme that women have the same rights as men - and the right to do what they want to with their bodies - would tend to discourage subjugation of women.

>Why do we believe that power over another human being is that important?

I don't know. Why do you want the power to tell a woman what to do with her own body?

billvon

And the conservative meme that men are superior to women, women should submit to them, it's not really rape if there's no pregnancy etc. The more liberal meme that women have the same rights as men - and the right to do what they want to with their bodies - would tend to discourage subjugation of women.

>Why do we believe that power over another human being is that important?

I don't know. Why do you want the power to tell a woman what to do with her own body?

I do not know conservative males who believe they are superior to women. I believe that comes from the liberal MSM.

I do not want the power to tell women, or men, what to do with their own bodies. I just want them to know that fornication and adultery are paths to self righteous death.

Remember, rape is about power not sexual gratification.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

promise5

Just Pro-life.

Pro Life. What a crock of shit.

Are you against the death penalty?

I don't give a rat's ass about what individuals think about the subject of unplanned pregnancies and what should or shouldn't happen. It is between a woman and her doctor. End of story. MYOB. Stay out of other people's personal lives. Government interference in the most personal and private decision a woman makes is 100% wrong.

Why is it that those that profess to believe in small government and personal freedom apply that concept only to men? When it comes to a woman's personal freedom, having the government involved in a woman's personal choices is WRONG. Always has been, always will be.

Perhaps you might read up on the past 150 years of history. In the USA, the context of how women came to have the equality that YOU PERSONALLY have now would be quite enlightening. In your studies, note that the most vehement opposition has come from those that are self professed CONERVATIVES.

End Women's Suffrage!!!! Are you ready to jump on that conservative bandwagon?

Are you even remotely aware that the laws against an unmarried adult woman owning real property were finally ended in 1964? That is within my lifetime, young lady. You must be blissfully unaware just how hard other women worked on your behalf.

>I do not know conservative males who believe they are superior to women. I believe
>that comes from the liberal MSM.

From the Bible, actually.

>I do not want the power to tell women, or men, what to do with their own bodies.

Good for you! Many Christians want to tell women they can't get abortions.

billvon

>I do not know conservative males who believe they are superior to women. I believe

It is my understanding that the Bible states that the husband is the head of the household, his wife should support him and that he should love his wife like he loves his own body. The man should make his wife his first priority and his own family second.

RonD1120

***>I do not know conservative males who believe they are superior to women. I believe

It is my understanding that the Bible states that the husband is the head of the household, his wife should support him and that he should love his wife like he loves his own body. The man should make his wife his first priority and his own family second.

head of the household sure sounds "superior." But certainly problematic for singles and same sex households.

kelpdiver

******>I do not know conservative males who believe they are superior to women. I believe

head of the household sure sounds "superior." But certainly problematic for singles and same sex households.

Someone need to be responsible, except BHO of course.

Same sex couples are not paying any attention to the Bible anyway.

Problematic for singles, now that is puzzling to me. Singles by definition are well...living alone.

>It is my understanding that the Bible states that the husband is the head of the
>household . . .

A bit more than that. It also states that man is superior to woman; he rules her, and she was created for him.

Genesis 3:
To the woman He said: “I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; In pain you shall bring forth children; Your desire shall be for your husband, And he shall rule over you.”

1 Corinthians 11:
But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved. For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. For man is not from woman, but woman from man. Nor was man created for the woman, but woman for the man.

Ephesians 5:
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body. Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

1 Peter 3:
Wives, likewise, be submissive to your own husbands, that even if some do not obey the word, they, without a word, may be won by the conduct of their wives, when they observe your chaste conduct accompanied by fear.

The Bishop of Milan, from his paper "On Paradise":
"Though the man was created outside Paradise, an inferior place, he is found to be superior, while woman, though created in a better place, inside Paradise, is found inferior."

More recently, Mike Huckabee signed a statement of belief that included "A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband." The Rev. Angus MacLeay recently stated that, if asked something, women "should not speak if the questions could be answered by their husbands." They should “submit to their husbands in everything. . . . Wives are to submit to their husbands in everything in recognition of the fact that husbands are head of the family as Christ is head of the church."

All this, of course, is a problem when it comes to rape. A man indoctrinated in the ideas that he is superior, that women should submit to him, that she should in fact fear him, might think that forcing himself on her is not that big a deal. It is, after all, her Biblical duty to submit.

That perhaps could explain the higher rates of rape among the very conservative Armed Forces.

RonD1120

***>I do not know conservative males who believe they are superior to women. I believe

I don't claim to have remotely your quantitative knowledge of Bible passages. But I note the Bible does have the following passages that command the subserviency of women not necessarily strictly within the context of the marital relationship. Together with other similar passages, the clear message is not just husbands being the "head of the household", but of women being subservient, subordinate and inferior to men overall. For example:

1 Corinthians 14:34-35
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

1 Corinthians 11:3 - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1 Timothy 2:12 - I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent.

Then there's Judges 19:25-28, where a man is trapped in a house by a hostile crowd, and sends out his concubine to placate them:

“So the man took his concubine and sent her outside to them, and they raped her and abused her throughout the night, and at dawn they let her go. At daybreak the woman went back to the house where her master was staying, fell down at the door and lay there until daylight. When her master got up in the morning and opened the door of the house and stepped out to continue on his way, there lay his concubine, fallen in the doorway of the house, with her hands on the threshold. He said to her, ‘Get up; let us go.’ But there was no answer. Then the man put her on his donkey and set out for home.”

funjumper101

***Just Pro-life.

Pro Life. What a crock of shit.

Are you against the death penalty?
>>I will be against the death penalty when you can prove that the baby killed in an abortion deserved to die.

I don't give a rat's ass about what individuals think about the subject of unplanned pregnancies and what should or shouldn't happen.
>>You dont give a rats ass about a lot of anything except towing the party line.

It is between a woman and her doctor. End of story. MYOB.
>>Take your own advice - and Mind Your Own Business.

Stay out of other people's personal lives. Government interference in the most personal and private decision a woman makes is 100% wrong.
>>Good, Yes! I agree! That said, then you are of the opinion that the government should not have anything whatsoever to do with health care and health insurance. Check!

Why is it that those that profess to believe in small government and personal freedom apply that concept only to men?
>>I don't. Of whom do you speak?

When it comes to a woman's personal freedom, having the government involved in a woman's personal choices is WRONG. Always has been, always will be.
YES, YES it is. Again - then you HAVE to agree that the government has no right to interfere in ANY way with an individual's choices regarding healthcare and health insurance. You cant have it both ways.

Perhaps you might read up on the past 150 years of history. In the USA, the context of how women came to have the equality that YOU PERSONALLY have now would be quite enlightening. In your studies, note that the most vehement opposition has come from those that are self professed CONERVATIVES.
>>Conservatives do not like change. What do you expect?

End Women's Suffrage!!!! Are you ready to jump on that conservative bandwagon?
>>Are you?

Are you even remotely aware that the laws against an unmarried adult woman owning real property were finally ended in 1964? That is within my lifetime, young lady. You must be blissfully unaware just how hard other women worked on your behalf.
>>Would you equate that to how hard soldiers fought for our country since then? What would you consider to be on equal par to how hard women have worked just for Promise5? Where is your outrage regarding the stifling of rights in the ACA fiasco?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Funny thing, being a momma's boy raised by a Godly Christian woman, I never interpreted those Scriptures as indicating superiority of men. I always thought of them as chain of command, you know, God -> Jesus -> husband -> wife -> children.

But, as I said before, rape is a power/control issue. Why is rape increasing in a culture where the Liberal philosophy is gaining in popularity? Is it the lack of feeling worthy in any major responsibility? Is it realizing that the more you try to succeed the more the government is going to put pressure on you and take away from you? Why is it a crime on the increase while the belief in God is on the decrease?

I just am not able to wrap my head around your belief that the Bible teaches it.

RonD1120

Funny thing, being a momma's boy raised by a Godly Christian woman, I never interpreted those Scriptures as indicating superiority of men. I always thought of them as chain of command, you know, God -> Jesus -> husband -> wife -> children.

Again, WTF are you talking about? The chain of command is all about obeying orders from your superior officer.

But, as I said before, rape is a power/control issue. Why is rape increasing in a culture where the Liberal philosophy is gaining in popularity? Is it the lack of feeling worthy in any major responsibility? Is it realizing that the more you try to succeed the more the government is going to put pressure on you and take away from you? Why is it a crime on the increase while the belief in God is on the decrease?

This entire paragraph is predicated on a claim that rape is increasing, one not born by US crime statistics or the understanding that rape was underreported in the past, much more so than it is today.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm
rape rate peaked in 1992. 2011 matches up with the mid 70s.

Why is rape increasing in a culture where the Liberal philosophy is gaining in popularity?

I fear you're emulating our oddball friend Ohchute. Making shit up is not only Bush League, it's also bush league.

And your troll-fu needs some work, too. "Liberalism causes more rape"? Pfft. So weak a caveman could do that.

Andy9o8

***Nice dodge. :)

Uh, right back atcha. It's nonsense that "rape increasing in a culture where the Liberal philosophy is gaining in popularity". You presume it to be true, so you assert it as fact.

I was following Promise5's thought that rape was increasing. And, I told her I could get the heat off her and on to me. I am a gentleman and a conservative.

Your, and many other's, styles is to dodge a question by responding to a minor point. I understand.

http://battalions2.blogspot.com/2006/01/sarges-guide-to-liberal-debate-tactics.html