airdvr

Suspects' mother says bombing was staged with paint instead of blood

Ok, I can go with this,http://factcheck.org/2008/04/obama-and-the-national-anthem/, but I can also go with this video. It appears he is holding up his testicles rather than put his hand over his heart.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU9iCANi02o T

That took balls!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It appears he's anticipating the moment that the cat - that someone is clearly attempting to drown off-camera but for some strange reason near a microphone - gets free, and is merely protecting himself.
You are playing chicken with a planet - you can't dodge and planets don't blink. Act accordingly.

AP article focusing on Zubeidat Tsarnaeva (the mom)

So she's been one of the America-hating nanothermite crowd for years, and she went full fundi about the same time Tamerlan did.

Kilzer wrote that Tsarnaeva was a loving and supportive mother, and she felt sympathy for her plight after the April 15 bombings. But she stopped visiting the family's home for spa treatments in late 2011 or early 2012 when, during one session, she "started quoting a conspiracy theory, telling me that she thought 9/11 was purposefully created by the American government to make America hate Muslims."

"It's real," Tsarnaeva said, according to Kilzer. "My son knows all about it. You can read on the Internet."

snip

Anzor's brother, Ruslan Tsarni, told the AP from his home in Maryland that he believed his former sister-in-law had a "big-time influence" on her older son's growing embrace of his Muslim faith and decision to quit boxing and school.

While Tamerlan was living in Russia for six months in 2012, Zubeidat, who had remained in the U.S., was arrested at a shopping mall in the suburb of Natick, Mass., and accused of trying to shoplift $1,624 worth of women's clothing from a department store.

She failed to appear in court to answer the charges that fall, and instead left the country.

Yeah, the sympathy for losing a son is right out the window, and any comments lashing out at posters critical of her are silly. She's made herself a public figure with the multiple press conferences, public comments, and interviews.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Sad to see someone's conspiracy theories drive them this far into radicalization.

I always thought that the conspiracy nuts were few and far between, but I'm exposed to more and more than I ever thought I would be thanks to Facebook. Sometimes Im surprised who the person is that believes this nonsense.

Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

Yeah, the mom's news conferences have been beyond belief. If anyone's had the need to STFU, she has. Being in denial is understandable (Oswald's mom had wild theories, too, for example), but this goes beyond that.

The real outrage is she jumped bail on that shoplifting rap. Pretty shocking stuff. :)

For what it's worth, I meant to snip the part about having open warrants. I wanted to include her WTF news conferences and her brother in law's comments.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Sad to see someone's conspiracy theories drive them this far into radicalization.

I always thought that the conspiracy nuts were few and far between, but I'm exposed to more and more than I ever thought I would be thanks to Facebook. Sometimes Im surprised who the person is that believes this nonsense.

Ian

Grains of truth and what not.

I think it's healthy to take a skeptical view considering history, but I think some take it to far when EVERYTHING is a government conspiracy...it's disheartening.

Conversely, it's also quite disheartening to see the individuals that buy the official narratives without question.

Skepticism is healthy.

Skepticism is healthy.

Yes, realism moreso.

I'm sorry, but when I have crap on my facebook wall about:

• Sandy Hook being a conspiracy to take guns away and that those kids never really died

• Chemtrail nonsense

• Boston Bombings being an 'inside' government job

• Boston Bombings being photoshopped and didn't really happen

• Dark Knight Rises being a ploy to introduce Satanism in a guise

• Birther nonsense

• Nanothermite being the cause of 9/11 building collapses

• ....and so on, I lose a lot of faith in peoples ability to think rationally.

On the plus side, I've identified and removed a lot of idiots from my facebook feed :)
    Ian

Skepticism is healthy.

Yes, realism moreso.

I'm sorry, but when I have crap on my facebook wall about:

• Sandy Hook being a conspiracy to take guns away and that those kids never really died

• Chemtrail nonsense

• Boston Bombings being an 'inside' government job

• Boston Bombings being photoshopped and didn't really happen

• Dark Knight Rises being a ploy to introduce Satanism in a guise

• Birther nonsense

• Nanothermite being the cause of 9/11 building collapses

• ....and so on, I lose a lot of faith in peoples ability to think rationally.

On the plus side, I've identified and removed a lot of idiots from my facebook feed :)
    Ian

Realistically, they are getting "pinged" for those posts. You would think these folks would stay FAR FAR AWAY from FB. :D:D:D

On the plus side, I've identified and removed a lot of idiots from my facebook feed

remember - you don't have to accept every Friend invite you get.

(and you can turn off the feed from people you do like, but who don't seem to have any sort of filter on their thoughts)

remember - you don't have to accept every Friend invite you get.

Not actually true in my line of work. Now that we have 'fan' pages it's a lot less of an issue. That said, it's generally good practice to accept skydiver invites given what I do. And to be honest, the VAST majority of the invites I get from from good people who I've met in some form along the way.

(and you can turn off the feed from people you do like, but who don't seem to have any sort of filter on their thoughts)

This has been what I've been doing the last few weeks :)
    My point isn't so much about FB though - it's just that ,through it, I've noticed more people believe this crap than I would have originally thought.