regulator

For all you "GUN CONTROL NUTS"

. You can help by turning off the news.

Since when did burying your head in the sand help?

Try to be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

I write about proposing some actions to mitigate the deaths from these shootings and I'm told by many that we should by no means do that. Instead we should get guns away from crazy people.

I put out there my position that these shootings, for the time being, cannot be prevented so we should look to actually defending against them. (Prevention of gun-related homicides has been as successful as prevention of the spread of HIV).

So when I say, "Work towards prevention but prepare to defend" I get the knee-jerk, "Solve the gun problem with more guns?" And I say, "for now, that should be on the table."

Right now, there are plenty of people burying their collective heads in the sand. Reauthorize the assault weapons ban!! Even the Brady Center acknowledged that by the expiration of the Assault Weapons Ban in 2004 that assault weapons constituted 1.5% of weapons traceable to be used in crime. "Wow! A small percentage," you may say. Until it's realized that it accounts for thousands of incidents per year.

It will take decades to eliminate all guns. In the meantime, what do we do? Seems like most people want to bury their heads in the sand and hope that a gun ban works immediately.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I agree with holding gun owners responsible for their own weapons...and I agree with having strict legislation on selling guns from private owners, but obviously removing all guns by some stupid law not only doesnt work, it doesnt work in the president's hometown.

Why not pass a law banning mental illness? Seems like mental illness is the thing people are talking about. They are not suggesting so much a blanket ban on all gun ownership, but rather starting with banning the mentally ill from access to guns.

If mental illness is the root problem, why not just pass a law banning mental illness? Then there won't be any more mentally ill people. Or many pass laws to prevent mental illness from happening and within a few years it'll be stamped out and we won't have to worry about it.

It's odds of success are just as high as banning all guns.

My wife is hotter than your wife.