headoverheels

voting machines

This is about the 4th or 5th one of these I have seen reported on

The problem has been both ways

The real issue is like the one in AZ where the unions are being acused of getting illeagals registered and then threatening them until they vote

NOTE: I have just seen the story. No idea if it is true
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

The guy interviewed in the article has a PhD in Information Management and Systems from UC Berkeley and is a leading expert in voting machine fraud.

http://gawker.com/5958114/an-expert-weighs-in-on-that-viral-reddit-voter-fraud-video

It's also been discussed on some of our school's internal mailing lists where Joe goes on:

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Joseph Lorenzo Hall wrote:

These are 10-20 year old voting machines and their touchscreens regularly go out of calibration (due to being jostled, temperature variations, etc.). So, it happens all the time and it's usually reported to us at Election Protection (I'm at the national command center in DC) as angst-filled "vote-flipping". This can also happen because people lean on the screen and have a thumb on it or if people (mostly women) have very long fingernails... my moment of celebrity today on this:

and in response to a technical question below.

Some of these older touchscreens can have dead spots where the resistance or capacitance (depending on what kind of screen it is) varies dramatically in "zones"... without tearing it apart, it's hard to say which. I don't want to say that this isn't malicious, because it would be very hard to prove one way or another...

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Kuldeep Kapade wrote:

One technical question Joseph, how is it possible the calibration will be off for only a part of the screen and not consistant through-out. Its common for cheap components to go off calibration, but to my experience it always is consistant through-out the screen due to the software and hardware issues.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1