falxori

Oh, the hyporcicy...

So, what would you say if a country strikes back after mortar shells fly over the border and kills civilians?

Apparently the response varies whether it's Israel or Turkey that is being attacked...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/03/us-syria-crisis-turkey-strikes-idUSBRE89219920121003

Turkey strikes targets inside Syria after mortar attack

ANKARA | Wed Oct 3, 2012 3:49pm EDT

(Reuters) - Turkey's military struck targets inside Syria on Wednesday in response to a mortar bomb fired from Syrian territory which killed five Turkish civilians, Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan's office said in a statement.

"Our armed forces in the border region responded immediately to this abominable attack in line with their rules of engagement; targets were struck through artillery fire against places in Syria identified by radar," the statement said.

"Turkey will never leave unanswered such kinds of provocation by the Syrian regime against our national security."

Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu had spoken by telephone with U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and the foreign ministers of several U.N. Security Council member countries about the incident, the statement said.

Davutoglu had also agreed with NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen on the need for an emergency meeting of NATO members, the statement said.

"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

I spent a couple weeks in Syria and Turkey in 2007, it was a beautiful place, great people.(Outside of being detained by the Syrian military police for 12 hours) so sad to see Allepo going to hell. They claim they are the longest continually inhabited city in the world.

Who knows how this one will ever turn out, but i'm guessing not good.

I think you know that the circumstance between Syria and turkey are very different then the Palestinians and Israel.

I just know you know that so I won't go in to detail.

I honestly don’t get how a country that constantly is asking for war can at the same time play the victim card. Just don't get it.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I honestly don’t get how a country that constantly is asking for war can at the same time play the victim card. Just don't get it.

Yes, very baffling, to say the least! And they play "victim" while at the same time they launch constant attacks against Israel through their surrogates. One thing is sure ...if they keep asking for it they will eventually get it.

All I know Darius, is that whenever there is something (anything) that involves Israel, you are the first one to shout about human rights and anything that is messed up with this world.

Shall we count how many threads you've started on what's going on in Syria, where civilians are being butchered for months?
Did you post as many threads about Libya awhile ago?
Didn't think so...

You keep accusing everybody else of hypocrisy. while you do the same, if not worse.

And Turkey bombs it's Kurd minority and fights the PKK all the time and now they bomb Syria after one mortar shell (unlike the thousands that Israel gets all the time). So really, Turkey should check it's own act before pointing fingers at others.

And btw, a couple of weeks ago, a few mortar shells flew from Syria to Israel too. Israel didn't retaliate...

And yes, what happens in Syria is a disaster and I don't know what is worse. Having Assad in power (which sux), or having an ongoing civil war between the different tribes like what happened in Iraq or Lebanon.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Iran - like India, South Africa, Pakistan and Israel will get a nuclear capability. Not a lot you can do to stop it so just live with it.

Yes, they will, unfortunately for the region. I don't know why the personal reference. I'm just giving an opinion and prediction. I don't have a dog in that fight, so no skin off my ass if they do get nukes. Might get ugly over there for awhile. (Maybe here, too!)

I think you know that the circumstance between Syria and turkey are very different then the Palestinians and Israel.

actually, he's referring to the outcry from Turkey when their militants (err, sorry, I mean peace loving activists with knives) got killed in the flotilla as they tried to bust the blockade.