shah269

If this doesn't make you angry!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/22/opinion/prewitt-rapist-visitation-rights/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
Raped, pregnant and ordeal not over

in the vast majority of states -- 31 -- men who father through rape are able to assert the same custody and visitation rights to their children that other fathers enjoy. When no law prohibits a rapist from exercising these rights, a woman may feel forced to bargain away her legal rights to a criminal trial in exchange for the rapist dropping the bid to have access to her child.

this is sick! why is the MOFO just not killed and his body harvested for spare parts which are sold to pay for the childs education?

What cold blooded of me?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I really commend this woman for carrying her child to birth. She apparently has a beautiful daughter whom she loves very much. I really wish her success in preventing this rapist from enjoying the fruits of his crime.

I wonder why the rapist is not in jail?

I guess he did his time?

I'm telling you why can't rape be a capital crime?
If you rape you are killed.
If you lie about rape you are killed.

It's simple? right?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/22/opinion/prewitt-rapist-visitation-rights/index.html?hpt=hp_c2
Raped, pregnant and ordeal not over

in the vast majority of states -- 31 -- men who father through rape are able to assert the same custody and visitation rights to their children that other fathers enjoy. When no law prohibits a rapist from exercising these rights, a woman may feel forced to bargain away her legal rights to a criminal trial in exchange for the rapist dropping the bid to have access to her child.

this is sick! why is the MOFO just not killed and his body harvested for spare parts which are sold to pay for the childs education?

What cold blooded of me?

What we need are the Boondock Saints.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkqmMLi0b0Y

I'm telling you why can't rape be a capital crime?
If you rape you are killed.
If you lie about rape you are killed.

It's simple? right?

Many (most?) cases of rape come down to the old "he said / she said" thing, unfortunately. So I couldn't support capital punishment in that situation.

I wonder why the rapist is not in jail?

From the article:
"It would not be long before I would learn firsthand that in the vast majority of states -- 31 -- men who father through rape are able to assert the same custody and visitation rights to their children that other fathers enjoy. When no law prohibits a rapist from exercising these rights, a woman may feel forced to bargain away her legal rights to a criminal trial in exchange for the rapist dropping the bid to have access to her child.

When faced with the choice between a lifetime tethered to her rapist or meaningful legal redress, the answer may be easy, but it is not painless. For the sake of her child, the woman will sacrifice her need to see her once immensely powerful perpetrator humbled by the court.

I know it because I lived it."

She was forced to drop the charges against the rapist, in exchange for the rapist not pursuing his "parental rights". What kind of a devil's bargain is that to force on rape victims? If she doesn't agree to drop charges, then she will be forced by the courts to have to consult with the rapist (legally, the father) about every decision regarding the child: where to go to school, what activities to engage in, etc. He could use his right to access to force her to allow him to spend time with the child (once he got out of jail). He could use his legal right to access to prevent her from moving away to take a job.

It's almost enough to coerce a woman into having an abortion.

Don