mpohl

North Korea Expelled from Axis of Evil

PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report) – Just hours after an embarrassing launch of a rocket that crashed to the ground in a little over a minute, North Korea suffered another blow to its prestige as it was expelled from the Axis of Evil.

The decision was announced by the presiding Chairman of the Axis of Evil, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who cited as the reason for the expulsion North Korea’s evident “lack of evil.”

“There are a lot of evil countries out there, Iran for one, who are trying to terrify the world by developing nuclear weapons,” he said. “When North Korea launches a so-called ‘rocket’ and it goes about twenty feet before blowing up, that just makes it harder for the rest of us.”

A spokesman for the erstwhile evil nation objected strongly to Mr. Ahmadinejad’s statement, saying it was “totally unfair to judge how evil a country is based on one crappy rocket.”

For a rogue nation that prides itself on threatening the world community, membership in the Axis of Evil is considered essential, which makes North Korea’s expulsion from the group a particularly damaging setback.

“The rocket thing is hurting our credibility, evil-wise, no question about it,” one aide to North Korean President Kim Jong-un said today. “This afternoon we tried to threaten Japan and it went straight to voicemail.”

In a possible sign of newly reduced ambitions, North Korea today hurled a roll of toilet paper over the border at South Korea.

Mr. Ahmadinejad offered no comment about the latest incident on the Korean Peninsula, other than to say, “Really, the whole thing is kind of sad.”

“This afternoon we tried to threaten Japan and it went straight to voicemail.”

In a possible sign of newly reduced ambitions, North Korea today hurled a roll of toilet paper over the border at South Korea.

:DB|
Funny stuff.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

Especially if your think back GWB, Powell, and everyone else in the US government, at that time, making the case for attacking Iraq. As a threat to the USA. I am sure there are at least 250,000 bodies laughing in their graves.

Including women and children. Thanks to US!

“This afternoon we tried to threaten Japan and it went straight to voicemail.”

:DB|
Funny stuff.

As comical as NK's rocket launch attempt was, they still seem to have a formidable short range missile arsenal that puts most of South Korea at risk, as well as a million man army.

The only thing holding them back is like 30,000 US military troops in addition to the South Korean military, backed by better technology and weapons.

They ain't stupid, we can only hope...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Y6DNfBgiY

I'll take NK as the good guys any day of the week....

As comical as NK's rocket launch attempt was, they still seem to have a formidable short range missile arsenal that puts most of South Korea at risk, as well as a million man army.

The only thing holding them back is like 30,000 US military troops in addition to the South Korean military, backed by better technology and weapons.

They ain't stupid, we can only hope...

Can India join?

...The successful launch of India's first intercontinental ballistic missile sparked predictably excited rhetoric in Asia's two biggest powers. Indian commentators hailed the nation's membership of the elite club of nations possessing such weapons and TV channels looped footage of the test off the country's eastern seaboard.

"It will be a quantum leap in India's strategic capability," said Ravi Gupta, spokesman for India's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the government agency which built the missile.

"Agni-V is a game-changer and a technological marvel," VK Saraswat, scientific adviser to the defence minister, was quoted as telling the Hindu newspaper.

In Beijing, the state-run Global Times grumbled that "India [was] being swept up by missile delusion" and warned China's neighbour could never hope to win an "overall arms race"...

Consider the intent.

Just MINUTES after I post this, I find the following:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/north-korea-issues-unusually-specific-threat-152720861.html

Which includes the following quote:

"The North Korean military threatened to "reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, (or) in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style.""

Peculiar means? I'm guessing something is lost in the translation. Otherwise, they sound completely bonkers. All I can think of is the pic attached...

ETA: Is that Shah?

Elvisio "another failed attempt at political analysis" Rodriguez

OMG did that ever make me laugh! Thanks for the post! :D:D:D:D

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."