dannydan

Egyptian official says war with Israel and USA...

...in three months! Anyone else hear this. Saw some links doin a search but can't law them here from my phone. Also haven't read any of the links. @work. Links look legit tho... WAR not was... typo fixed in subject line

been a lot of talk about Israel and/or US and Iran - as early as spring when the Israelis are so inclined, or in the Fall if Obama can stall them to at least give the appearance of letting sanctions fail (as they will).

As for Egypt v Israel, there have been issues on the border with the change in government. No one is really controlling it on the Egyptian side and the IDF crossed over after some attackers. But that really isn't the sort of thing that would lead to a full out war.

The current government may not feel it needs to honor its commitments to peace with Israel, but I don't see them anxious to go to war either. But I can certainly see leadership doing some posturing/pandering to the mob and talking a lot of nonsense.

We also have some major upgrades in our "bunker-busters" that would make some of the bombs dropped on Kandahar look like firecrackers. The new bombs are 30,000 lbs. The ones we used in Afghanistan were 5,000 lbs. Those were so powerful that some of the allies thought the 5,000 lb bombs were nukes. I can only imagine the power of a 30,000 lb. bunker buster.

I really don't think Iran wants a war with the U.S. or Israel. Hopefully, this can all be brought to an end without anyone dying.

"hopefully..." true that! And even tho i dislike war like any other level headed human, i'd rather be on top, prepared and THEE giver of the ass whoopin than the receiver for sure. Just don't wanna lose anymore young'ins over semi sorta stoopid idealogy shiT... :(

It may be helpful for the U.S. to remind Iran and Egypt how quickly and completely the Iraqi Military, the 4th largest in the world at the time, was defeated using nothing but conventional weapons.

It may be helpful for the US to remember how it was fundamentally changed by a couple of guys with box cutters.

It may be helpful for the U.S. to remind Iran and Egypt how quickly and completely the Iraqi Military, the 4th largest in the world at the time, was defeated using nothing but conventional weapons.

It may be helpful for the US to remember how it was fundamentally changed by a couple of guys with box cutters.

not germane here.

you could have talked about the last 7 years in Iraq, which would have a relevant point.