dreamdancer

United for a Fair Economy and Allies Back New Estate Tax Bill

i don't think getting unearned wealth is good for society...

Well it is not unearned, it is earned by one and given as a gift to another. The IRS does tax gifts. Oh wait, you dont file with the IRS.

In the end it is taxed, all this political BS is a shell game just like the current budget proposals, slip dept from one year and one program to another year and another program.

True actual SPENDING reduction to a level below what the IRS takes is what is needed.

When was the last year the US was in the black?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Well it is not unearned, it is earned by one and given as a gift to another. The IRS does tax gifts. Oh wait, you dont file with the IRS.

In the end it is taxed, all this political BS is a shell game just like the current budget proposals. slip dept from one year and one program to another year and another program.

True actual SPENDING reduction to a level below what the IRS takes is what is needed.

When was the last year the US was in the black?

Matt

Matt

The USA began with a hefty debt... and has never been in the black during any of its existence.

It has gone up during war time... and down in prosperous times.. but the last 30 years has been completely and utterly idiotic. But some wish to keep the policies in place that got us to that debt. Guess who is making out like bandits with all that interest on the debt???

The fact that some people wish to push off paying for that debt out to 60+ years should be looked at as treasonous. Your great-grandchildren will still be paying for the stupidity of the last 30 years policies that have not benefited the people of this county.

So, it is truly a US Gov mistake and not just a D or R mess. So the blame game is mute and a fix is needed. Claims of one party having us with a "surplus" and another not, now seem pretty much like, a lie. We have never not owed some one money. If I understand correctly.

Maybe a new sense of INTELLIGENCE could prevail out of the next round of elections and COMMON SENSE could take hold and then those elected, could make tough hard but right decision, and then we can right the ship.

Matt

This quote came from a guy I used to work with, he put it on facebook, I do not know where it came from, but damn.

"The US Government, which under Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), has $75 trillion in debts and liabilities, meaning that for each American, there is over $245,000 in federal government debt and liabilities. Or, nearly $1 million per family of four. And this does not take into account state, municipal and personal debt. By this measure, no other people in history has ever been more indebted."

Fuck me.

So, it is truly a US Gov mistake and not just a D or R mess. So the blame game is mute and a fix is needed. Claims of one party having us with a "surplus" and another not, now seem pretty much like, a lie. We have never not owed some one money. If I understand correctly.

Maybe a new sense of INTELLIGENCE could prevail out of the next round of elections and COMMON SENSE could take hold and then those elected, could make tough hard but right decision, and then we can right the ship.

Matt

I remember when those with an R after their name were not inflicted with this current insanity. They are incapable of actually governing.. and making deals. Once upon a time it was different, now they and their true believers have become so extreme that they wsih to take the government down at all costs. The world is watching and getting more and more disinterested in following down the path we are going.

Well it is not unearned, it is earned by one and given as a gift to another.

if it's given as a gift (or an inheritance) it's unearned by the receiver (ie welfare)...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

if it's given as a gift (or an inheritance) it's unearned by the receiver (ie welfare)...

You're right, welfare should be taxed as well.

Look on your 1040ez there is a place for "Gifts", they get taxed, every thing is taxed, already.

Matt

Look on your 1040ez there is a place for "Gifts", they get taxed, every thing is taxed, already.

Matt

not with an inheritance tax...

Matt

Why should one 'welfare' be taxed higher than the other?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Matt

Inheritance is taxed, it is taxed annually if it is property, it is taxed if it is money, if it is a business it is taxed numerous ways there too.

But Tax isn't the issue, spending is the issue, the US Spends more than it has, so it goes deeper into debt.

Matt

one option then is to raise more revenue to cover outgoings - thus we come back round to a decent inheritance tax on the 1% especially...

It is a piss poor option and just fails to fix the bigger problem, spending.

When you are out of money what do you do?

The US should do the right thing, stop spending what they do not have. Close the loop wholes in the tax system, that will stick it toy our dreaded 1% and me, and any other worker, but it it the harder "right". Then the debt will start getting paid off. Maybe once the debt starts going down we may see an actual "surplus" or the ability to lower rates or have actual refunds.

Why are those better options not acceptable to you?

Matt

the 1% aren't out of money - they're just making more and more (and then they expect to pass it on/launder it to their children, unearned). ceo's had a 50% wage increase this year - mmmmmm....

the 1% aren't out of money - they're just making more and more (and then they expect to pass it on/launder it to their children, unearned). ceo's had a 50% wage increase this year - mmmmmm....

You're avoiding the questions, figures. I did not say the dreaded 1% are running out of money.

But, as none of this is really your concern, just entertainment, what does it matter right?

Matt

Your analogy assumes you have everything in cash this is very unusual in an estate. More than likely your estate is valued with assets which have built in gains which have NOT been taxed such as a house you paid 250k for which is now worth 750k or highly appreciated stock. More than likely the true value of your estate isn't cash you've earned but a happen stance of timing with respect to the appreciation of assets. If you were really that concerned with respect to your heirs you would have either died in a down economy or in 2010.