Andrewwhyte

Rick Perry: Just how bad was it?

>As for the taxes, Reagan had to work with the house and senate democrates

And he had to deal with a growing deficit. Raising taxes is one way you deal with that. Reagan was (eventually) smart enough to see that; so far no republican candidates have been.

And he had to deal with a growing deficit. Raising taxes is one way you deal with that. Reagan was (eventually) smart enough to see that; so far no republican candidates have been.

No
Reagan was smart enought to deal with the asshat that was the criminal Tip O'Neal

You know, the one that said Reagans budget was DOA?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

>In what way?

Romney is against amnesty for illegal immigrants; Reagan was for it.

Romney has said he would sign an amendment that outlaws abortion. Reagan signed a law that legalized it in California.

Romney has pledged to not raise taxes. Reagan raised payroll and gas taxes.

Romney will SAY anything - none of which means much.

I would not base any evaluation of who or what he is on what he claims on any particular day.

I would not base any evaluation of who or what he is on what he claims on any particular day.

On this we agree

And , billvon, there is Romney care

Of course Newt supported manditory health insurance too
Abraham Lincoln

seems to give him a bit more credit than is due here. He raised payroll taxes which on paper only funded the virtual SS surplus, though it did reduce the apparent size of his overspending. And he coupled the payroll tax increase with substantial income tax decreases, so really what he did was transfer the tax burden to the lower classes. Isn't that what everyone has been bitching about for the past few months, and for that matter, the last decade?

Al Gore lost votes (and thus the election) because he was too good at debating, at least in his own mind.

I heard a number of people say they liked Bush because they thought he was a guy just like them, and Al Gore came off as being too smart and in a different world.

This was the plan. Bush played the outside role, and dumbed himself down to play the part, to garner the votes of those who were tired of "smartass government." It's probably worth a few points from the undecided center.

I'd still know that there are only 50 States... This is a basic elementary school question.

And I was not Navy/Marine, but I know how to say Corpsman anyway.

Just admit he screwed it up... Not the end of the world.

I already shot down this poor comparison. Parry was given numerous opportunities and plenty of time to correct himself if he misspoke. No one asked Obama 3 more times after if he really thought there were 57 states.

Face it, Parry didn't misspeak. He FROZE, unable to complete a sentence about his own fucking proposal.

I'd still know that there are only 50 States... This is a basic elementary school question.

And I was not Navy/Marine, but I know how to say Corpsman anyway.

Just admit he screwed it up... Not the end of the world.

I already shot down this poor comparison. Parry was given numerous opportunities and plenty of time to correct himself if he misspoke. No one asked Obama 3 more times after if he really thought there were 57 states.

Face it, Parry didn't misspeak. He FROZE, unable to complete a sentence about his own fucking proposal.

Yep

and you never have had a brain freeze

(know that I do not like Perry much)

Never forgot a name of a friend in a conversation

Ya

I get it

:S
Abraham Lincoln

so you accept that the comparison to Obama's 57 states is a false one? Last time you ignored my comments, now you're trying to redirect them.

I never claimed to have never done such a thing. I did suggest, however, that it would be bad to have a guy with this sort of tendency trying to negotiate with Iran or Israel. They'd eat him alive. "I'll get back to you tomorrow on Letterman" is not the Presidential style I'm looking for.

so you accept that the comparison to Obama's 57 states is a false one? Last time you ignored my comments, now you're trying to redirect them.

I never claimed to have never done such a thing. I did suggest, however, that it would be bad to have a guy with this sort of tendency trying to negotiate with Iran or Israel. They'd eat him alive. "I'll get back to you tomorrow on Letterman" is not the Presidential style I'm looking for.

No, I dont acept that

Both were stupid

NO difference

Except by those who love Obama
Abraham Lincoln

>and you never have had a brain freeze

It would be funny seeing you have one.

"Hey Rush, how many people were on the last load?"

"Well, nine . . . ten, I think, someone got on at the last minute."

"Hey everyone! Did you hear? Rush thinks there were 910 people on the last load! He thinks almost a thousand people can fit on an Otter. Why does anyone even let him get NEAR an Otter? He's clearly unfit to deal with anything that's important in aviation."

>and you never have had a brain freeze

It would be funny seeing you have one.

"Hey Rush, how many people were on the last load?"

"Well, nine . . . ten, I think, someone got on at the last minute."

"Hey everyone! Did you hear? Rush thinks there were 910 people on the last load! He thinks almost a thousand people can fit on an Otter. Why does anyone even let him get NEAR an Otter? He's clearly unfit to deal with anything that's important in aviation."

I have had more than one

I am human

You?

anyway

what the hell point you trying to make?
Abraham Lincoln

that there is in fact a difference between stumbling on your tongue, versus stumbling on your brain. This one was like forgetting your daughter's birthday, not saying February 20th instead of March 20th and then correcting yourself 20 seconds later.

that there is in fact a difference between stumbling on your tongue, versus stumbling on your brain. This one was like forgetting your daughter's birthday, not saying February 20th instead of March 20th and then correcting yourself 20 seconds later.

Ya[:/]

got to take is way down to a small usless level to support a point.

Really sad

Perry messed up

Obama pronounced corpsman corps man at least 3 times

but it is all different

Ya

right:S
Abraham Lincoln

doesn't really matter - Parry was dead man walking already due to a consistent pattern of debate incompetence, this was just a final straw to the donors. So you can feel victimized as much as you wish.

But this is a big boy campaign. He wasn't one.

Not saying he was one
And I am sure as not feeling like a victim.

Maybe your are?

As I said, I never liked him from the begining

But the characterize his performance as more than a blip is not being honest

As far as he goes for me? Good ridence
Abraham Lincoln

doesn't really matter - Parry was dead man walking already due to a consistent pattern of debate incompetence, this was just a final straw to the donors. So you can feel victimized as much as you wish.

He should be waterboarded. THAT will help him to remember, by golly.

He's in full diversionary panic mode right now. Part time Congress with big pay cut. Sounds good but Congress itself would have to vote it in - that will never happen.

Term limits for federal judges - that needs a Constitutional amendment, will never happen.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.