DanJohnson

Israels' "Right to Exist"

Israel was created on Palestinian lands?

No, it was not Palestinian lands.

LOL!!
Really?
You are hear to tell us that Israel was not created on Palestinian lands?
That Palestine wasn't Palestinian?
LOFL!!!!!

Uh where were the Palistinians in King Davids Realm???

I would guess Palestine.
Do you have evidence otherwise?

LOL!!
Really?
LOFL!!!!!
God Damn!!!!!!!
Really????
Damn Son ..,..,

Not your son.

Palestinians were clearly not in control of that land. It was not theirs, they didn't govern it. The name applied to it is not related to those in charge of deciding what happened there.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

LOL!!
Really?
LOFL!!!!!

I would guess Palestine.

As you said.. you are guessing.Well Golly Gee GOMER.... suhprize suhprize.

Perhaps READING would help with that... There is plenty of archealogical evidence you might want to read up on. Whether you will acknowledge it.which I highly doubt. there have been Jews in the Middle East for oh....a few thousand years or so. If you are in denial.. like the Palistinians... who migrated into the area... then you will just go on ... forever in ignorance.

LOL!!
Really?
LOFL!!!!!
God Damn!!!!!!!
Really????
Damn Son ..,..,

Not your son.

Palestinians were clearly not in control of that land. It was not theirs, they didn't govern it. The name applied to it is not related to those in charge of deciding what happened there.

They lived there.
Their fathers lived there.
Their fathers fathers and their fathers before lived there.

It is their land unless you agree that might and the ability to kill the occupiers grants one Title of Land.

Oh .., one more thing..,
you are my son, sundevil!!!!

You are my sunshine my only sunshine !
You make me Happy when skies are gray !

LOL!!
Really?
LOFL!!!!!

I would guess Palestine.

there have been Jews in the Middle East for oh....a few thousand years or so.

You are right about that.

So, because the Israelites were driven out by the Romans awhile back, Palestinians suffer for it? Is a homeland really a homeland when you stand on your dusty arid land, peering through a fence at swimming pools and garden. Because you are forbidden to extract the water from below? Is it really a homeland when it is sectioned off into little pieces and you must pass through checkpoints to go "across town", through the new settlements, in order to visit your mother?

I guess it must be, because God forbid, you try to argue with 'God's Chosen'. Don, give it up, you can't win........What do I know? I am an atheist.

*~"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly." - MLK Jr.~*~*

Dan....sorry, I called you Don.......BI-Winning......damnit, that's what we are!

. Don, give it up, you can't win........What do I know? I am an atheist.

LOL! Every day , everysecond,every keystroke is a win.!!

*~"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly." - MLK Jr.~*~*

Great Quote!!!

Great Quote!!!

Why thank you, I cut and pasted it myself!
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

LOL!!
Really?
LOFL!!!!!
God Damn!!!!!!!
Really????
Damn Son ..,..,

Not your son.

They lived there.
Their fathers lived there.
Their fathers fathers and their fathers before lived there.

It is their land unless you agree that might and the ability to kill the occupiers grants one Title of Land.

It was Britain's. You seem to not want to recognize that.

The history of the world is full of nation's boundaries getting changed by war and diplomacy. You can wish that might doesn't result in political power, but it isn't anything new.

It is not just a case of generations having lived there. During the British mandate peiod after WWI, they allowed unlimited Arab immigration while severely limiting Jewish immigration, despite the fact that they (the British) were charged with the stated purpose of "establishing in Palestine a national home for the Jewish people". In 1947 the British transferred the role of settling things to the UN. The UN invited the Arabs to take part in those talks, but they refused, instead vowing to destroy a Jewish state if it was made. They've tried over and over, failing every time and always wanting there to be no consequence for losing a war.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Great Quote!!!

Why thank you, I cut and pasted it myself!

You are so cute when you do that!

[replyIt was Britain's. You seem to not want to recognize that.

The history of the world is full of nation's boundaries getting changed by war and diplomacy.

I see.
So you also subscribe to the belief that if I kill the inhabitant of the land I am the rightful owner.

Where do you live Mate?
What size is your package?
Your parcel?

The history of the world is full of nation's boundaries getting changed by war and diplomacy.

I see.
So you also subscribe to the belief that if I kill the inhabitant of the land I am the rightful owner.

Where do you live Mate?
Your parcel?

yo.. Sundevil... I think you have an admirer

[reply
Where do you live Mate?

Are you wanting to compare penis sizes now, or to kill him and take his? Weird!
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

So, because the Israelites were driven out by the Romans awhile back, Palestinians suffer for it?

That is a really lousy summary of the historical background leading to the creation of Israel.

The suffering to which you refer is due to their inability to live in peace with Israel. A lot of changes were made as a result of WWII, Those changes were to a large degree decided by the nations that won the war. Some have found they are not willing to go along.

I KNOW I shouldn't feed the troll, but I just can't help myself. Here ya go 'son':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGYxLWUKwWo&feature=youtu.be
Edumacate yourself.
Of course, you will say that this is BS propaganda. I will counter that there are 2 sides to every story, and round and round we go. The fact of the matter is that Jews have been there forever. Arabs have been there forever. The land has passed through many hands many many times.
FACT: There NEVER was Palestinian 'ownership' of the land.
FACT: Israel exists there now.
FACT: Israel isn't going anywhere.
Deal with it.

PS, I own no land, but I rent a nice little house. Come try and take it from me, I dare you.
That's basically history in a nutshell.

I see.

Where do you live Mate?
Your parcel?

yo.. Sundevil... I think you have an admirer

I'm not that kind of a guy.

We disagree on so much, but not on the subject of Israel and their neighbor's inability to live in peace with them.

To DanJ: Why do you not recognize that wars are not anything new? Just killing someone will not result in you having their land if you do that within a sovereign nation with effective laws. However, the boundaries of those sovereign nations have been redrawn throughout history, even in this modern age.

Oh ! I see!
So if I come to your house and smoke you I own your land.

Is that how it all works?
If I kill you I own your land?

You are American aren't you ? How do you think America came to be " owned " .......remember.......The American Indian Nations / Tribes that we "took" this land from.

Life is short ... jump often.

A lot of changes were made as a result of WWII, Those changes were to a large degree decided by the nations that won the war.

Shit, forgive me; I forgot. Because a group of people who 'won the war' live in other places decide what is going to happen with your home makes it OK.....

No, the 'suffering' is caused because the powers that be have marginalized a population to the point where they now have no homes. I'd be pissed off too. I do not support any type of attacks against a population, whether it be suicide bombers or Ariel Sharon and his orchestration of the Shatilla massacres in 1982.

Blood is blood and all parents only want to see their children grow up with dignity. Some never see their children grow up.

Oh ! I see!
So if I come to your house and smoke you I own your land.

Is that how it all works?
If I kill you I own your land?

You are American aren't you ? How do you think America came to be " owned " .......remember.......The American Indian Nations / Tribes that we "took" this land from.

so are you ok with me killing you to become owner of your land

Wars result in a lot of suffering. WWI and WWII are of course included. Many people, including the Germans and Japanese were able and willing to realize that their prospects for the future were bright, despite having started and lost WWII. The Arab neighbors of Israel also have nothing holding them back from a prosperous future except their hatred that drives their suffering.

I thought you wanted to kill people and take their package? Now you're back to wanting land? Make up your mind!
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Israeli and Palestinian envoys squared off on Tuesday over plans to seek UN recognition of a state of Palestine in September, which Israel rejected as an attempt to bypass direct peace talks.

Speaking at a regular meeting of the UN Security Council on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Palestinian observer Riyad Mansour said seeking UN recognition would not hurt the peace process and would instead strengthen efforts to achieve a negotiated "two-state solution."

"The consecration of the two-state solution in bold resolutions -- including recognition of the state of Palestine…on the basis of the pre-1967 borders and its admission as a full member of the organization -- will help to make the two-state solution more inevitable," he said.

Mansour did not spell out what exactly his delegation plans to propose during the annual gathering of world leaders in September at the opening of a new session of the 193-nation UN General Assembly.

Western diplomats say the Palestinians have not yet decided whether to seek membership in the UN as a sovereign state or press for a non-binding resolution recognizing a Palestinian state without UN membership.

The United States, like its ally Israel, opposes the idea of full Palestinian membership in the UN at the moment and has made clear it would use Washington's veto power on the Security Council to block it.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israeli-palestinian-envoys-square-off-over-un-recognition-1.375428
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

[reply
And to address the Palestinian part of your question -- they still have their land,

Really?
The Palestinians still have their land?
Do you want to rephrase that statement ?

It appears to me that Israel has taken over most of Palestine.

Palestinians have been dispossesed of their land.

Yup -- they have West Bank and Gaza, and they had more before they decided to wage war on Israel since 1948. When you lose a war, you LOSE; war is not some game where you ask in return what you lost when you willingly risked losing it.

Most peoples' existence isn't one that's characterized by facing extinction time and time again throughout history or having to fight for your very existence. Perhaps a bit of empathy would help you understand better.

Your empathy sounds very one sided.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

[reply
And to address the Palestinian part of your question -- they still have their land,

Really?
The Palestinians still have their land?
Do you want to rephrase that statement ?

It appears to me that Israel has taken over most of Palestine.

Palestinians have been dispossesed of their land.

Yup -- they have West Bank and Gaza, and they had more before they decided to wage war on Israel since 1948. When you lose a war, you LOSE; war is not some game where you ask in return what you lost when you willingly risked losing it.

Most peoples' existence isn't one that's characterized by facing extinction time and time again throughout history or having to fight for your very existence. Perhaps a bit of empathy would help you understand better.

Your empathy sounds very one sided.

Okay, here it is. Get ready, Skyrad - I'm gonna blow your mind.

I spent a week in Ramallah last month.

Ramallah, as readers may or may not know, is the de-facto capital of Palestine in its current configuration. The Palestinian Authority (funded largely by the USA) is based there. Mahmoud Abbas, and all that.

In that (very short) week, I saw some eye-opening things.

What I saw was not mad bombers, fanatics or whatever. What I saw was people. Just plain old ordinary people, putting up with a lot of hassles (like being forced to use Israeli currency [the NIS - New Israeli Sheckel]) and trying to make the best of a lousy situation.

Consider: Israel insists that the Palestinians recognize Israel as a JEWISH state (Bibi said so right after Obama's watershed speech some seven weeks ago). However, there is no reciprocity: Israel will not recognize the existence of a Palestinian state. In fact Israel refers to the West Bank and Gaza as "disputed" territories, rather than "occupied" territories.

This is important, because by asserting that there never has been a "State of Palestine" (which is actually true, because the occupants of the lands now under Israeli control identified themselves as series of tribal groups rather than a specific ethnic group forming a nation-state entity [Palestine & Palestinian Arabs]), it is therefore possible to deny that the areas are under military occupation by a foreign power and thus not subject to either the Geneva Convention or international law. How convenient.

Does this mean that I side with the Palestinians? In a word - NO. I side with those in both camps who are seeking peaceful coexistence, which is the majority of the people living there.

Unfortunately there are a lot of radicals on both sides who work every day to undermine the peace process, from Israeli soldiers who abuse and humiliate Palestinians (mostly because the Israeli troops are bored and resent the hell out of being nanny-cops in a place where the people despise them), to the Orthodox settlers (whose intolerance for their fellow man is nothing short of appalling), to the assholes in Gaza who keep blindly shooting rockets into Israeli territory.

I'm also fed up with all the lies and propaganda from both sides, but what I'm really fed up with is the billions of dollars that the USA is pissing away each year maintaining the status quo by funding both sides.

I will say this. Having spent some time in Jordan, Israel and Palestine very recently, I'm of the opinion that the Palestinians are a really decent bunch of folks who deserve a break, and recognition of the fact that they aren't responsible for what their parents did back in 1948 and 1967.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."