DanJohnson

Israels' "Right to Exist"

I see no reason to consider Swiss personnel (who are Christians) on the ground in the West Bank to be biased. It is my belief that their reputation for neutrality is what brought them there.

After having lived in Switzerland for a year, I can tell you with certainty that anti-Zionism is widespread in that country, as it is in most of Europe -- even in places as remote as Iceland.

I recall sharing my views on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in many a political discussion with Swiss friends, and things suddenly going quiet or the subject changing. They hear only what they want to hear in regard to this subject -- the Palestinian side of the story.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

the ira bombed and bombed the uk - we didn't go in and flatten londonderry as the israelis have done to the palestinians...

And you're proud of this?!?! I will never understand your kind. How many English lives would have been saved if you had stepped up and done what needed to be done. How many lives were saved by dropping 2 A-bombs on Japan?
Oh, and just for the record, Israel doesn't flatten anything. If they do, why haven't they dropped an A bomb on all of gaza?? Surgical strikes are aimed at known terrorists. Do innocent people get caught in the cross fire? Yes of course, and it's a damn shame each time it happens. Does Israel aim at civilians on purpose? Absolutely not, and remember, I've been on the ground, I've seen it with my own eyes. Have you? Do the Palestinians aim at civilians? Well, you already know the answer to that one don't you..

If you were familiar with dreamdancer's posting history, especially on this subject (I realize you're a new poster here), you wouldn't bother wasting your time responding.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

*** After having lived in Switzerland for a year, I can tell you with certainty that anti-Zionism is widespread in that country, as it is in most of Europe -- even in places as remote as Iceland.

I recall sharing my views on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in many a political discussion with Swiss friends, and things suddenly going quiet or the subject changing. They hear only what they want to hear in regard to this subject -- the Palestinian side of the story.

I believe that most informed, critical thinking people are anti-zionists .
Then there is the Fox news watching crowd.

Wow dude, you are so obtuse it boggles the mind. I would love to see you live under a constant threat of missiles and say "meh, more people died in car crashes, so no biggy".

the ira bombed and bombed the uk - we didn't go in and flatten londonderry as the israelis have done to the palestinians...

No but you depopulated the whole island with ethnic cleansing. selling off the children as slaves and transporting them to Barbados etc.. by about 50% and took away the land and gave it to Scottish settlers.

*** After having lived in Switzerland for a year, I can tell you with certainty that anti-Zionism is widespread in that country, as it is in most of Europe -- even in places as remote as Iceland.

I believe that most informed, critical thinking people are anti-zionists .
Then there is the Fox news watching crowd.

And then there are those who post in this thread who generalize to such levels of absurdity that they achieve the accuracy of a Fox news anchor.

believe that most informed, critical thinking people are anti-zionists

So are anti semites...

Oh!!!
Now we see some colors.

Anti zionist you want to paint as anti semite.

Let me tell you somethin' pal, the indigenous Palestinian population is nearly 100% Semetic.
The zionist Israelis aren't even close to that number.
The vast majority are from a blood line that never even lived in Palestine but originated in Turkey . They come from Christian Turks who converted to Judaism.

So is your blood Semitic ? Or are you crashin' the party?

Christians , Jews, and Muslims got along very peacefully in Palestine before the 51st state of Israel was established .Since then not so much.
That factoid in itself should be nearly enough to cause most thinking people to swing toward anti zionism.

believe that most informed, critical thinking people are anti-zionists

So are anti semites...

Oh!!!
Now we see some colors.

Anti zionist you want to paint as anti semite.

Let me tell you somethin' pal, the indigenous Palestinian population is nearly 100% Semetic.
The zionist Israelis aren't even close to that number.
The vast majority are from a blood line that never even lived in Palestine but originated in Turkey . They come from Christian Turks who converted to Judaism.

So is your blood Semitic ? Or are you crashin' the party?

Christians , Jews, and Muslims got along very peacefully in Palestine before the 51st state of Israel was established .Since then not so much.
That factoid in itself should be nearly enough to cause most thinking people to swing toward anti zionism.

REALLLLLLY DUUUUUUD.. Place the pipe down on the ground and back away... PLEASE..... now.. when the hallucinations stop.... educate yourself fer crissake:S:S:S:S

That is just as bad as Darius... who wants all the whieys out of the Middle East since only brown people are allowed to have "justice" there:S:S:S:S:S:S

too bad that factoid is another of your fabrications.

Anti zionist you want to paint as anti semite

Yes. There is nothing wrong with criticizing Israel. It is naive to think that much of the recent "Israel bashing" trend in Europe doesn't have its root in 2000 years of antisemitism.

Let me tell you somethin' pal, the indigenous Palestinian population is nearly 100% Semetic

Did I say they weren't?
call it semantics but when people say anti semitism, the meaning is anti jews usually.

What are you smoking?
But since you raised the issue of indigenous people. Most of what you call Palestinians moved to the area of Arabia in the 18th century (and yes, this IS a fact). Does it mean their claim in this region is not valid? no. but your attempt to deny 3000 years of linkage between this land and the JEwish people is absurd.

Christians , Jews, and Muslims got along very peacefully in Palestine before the 51st state of Israel was established

google the riots in the 20s and 30s. Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Let me tell you somethin' pal, the indigenous Palestinian population is nearly 100% Semetic

***Did I say they weren't?
call it semantics but when people say anti semitism, the meaning is anti jews usually.

You were the one that brought anti semite into the discusion of anti zionism.
Did you mean anti Jew? If so why didn't you say anti Jew?

It's because you wanted to paint anti zionists as anti Jew .

I'm not anti Jew but I'm finished with any discussion with one faoxrori . I'm not anti Jew but I am anti liars, anti decievers so in turn I'm anti you !

I'm not anti Jew but I am anti liars, anti decievers so in turn I'm anti you !

Was it your intention to deceive when you asserted that Israel was created on Palestinian turf?

You were very wrong on that basic assertion from your original post of this thread. Should we be "anti-you", or give you a pass for being wrong and glad that you have learned something fundamental to the issue you have raised?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

***Was it your intention to deceive when you asserted that Israel was created on Palestinian turf?

You were very wrong on that basic assertion from your original post of this thread. Should we be "anti-you", or give you a pass for being wrong and glad that you have learned something fundamental to the issue you have raised?

Israel was established on Palestinian turf.
There is a reason the land has been referred to as Palestine over all these centuries and the inhabitants referred to as Palestinian ,Sherlock!
Noodle it out if you can.

I'm not anti Jew

I didn't say you were. I said that a lot of the anti Israel agenda is originated in anti semitism (anti jew for you)

I'm finished with any discussion with one faoxrori . I'm not anti Jew but I am anti liars, anti decievers so in turn I'm anti you !

Oh please no. just not that...
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

*** Israel was established on Palestinian turf.
There is a reason the land has been referred to as Palestine over all these centuries and the inhabitants referred to as Palestinian ,Sherlock!

So, umm, honest question. Do you think up this made up history beforehand, or do you just make it up as you go along? Being such an expert, surely you know that the word Palestine is actually derived from the Greek Palaestina. Of course, you also know that it was a largely geographical term. And obviously you are aware that JEWS and ARABS were BOTH called Palestinians during the British Mandate. Only after the establishment of Israel did the local Arab population decide to lay exclusive claim to the term Palestinian. But you already knew all of that...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_Palestine_and_Palestinian

***Was it your intention to deceive when you asserted that Israel was created on Palestinian turf?

Israel was established on Palestinian turf.

It wasn't Palestinian turf when the start of the modern Jewish homeland began after WWI, it was British turf. The British called the shots, they were in charge, so no matter name is applied to it, it was not Palestinian turf. Britain decided to allow only a small number of Jews to immigrate there, but put no limits on Arab immigration to their protectorate, despite having been granted the protectorate by the League of Nations and been charged with (the British) the stated purpose of "establishing in Palestine a national home for the Jewish people".

When Israel was formally created, it also wasn't Palestinian turf, because the British had handed over control to the UN. Before WWI, it also wasn't Palestinian turf, because for a very long time the Ottoman empire called the shots.

And by the way, why don't the Palestinians demand that Jordan be passed back into their control? It was the British that decided that Transjordan would be separated from the region that had previously been called Palestine. Shouldn't modern day Palestinians allowed to settle in Jordan, as you seem to assert it is their turf?

Anyway Sherlock, it doesn't matter what the name of a region is called, that region isn't necessarily autonomous/sovereign.

So, again, was it your intention to deceive when you asserted that Israel was created on Palestinian turf?

People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I'm finished with any discussion with one faoxrori . I'm not anti Jew but I am anti liars, anti decievers so in turn I'm anti you !

Oh please no. just not that...

Good one, like it! :D

*** Israel was established on Palestinian turf.

So, umm, honest question. Do you think up this made up history beforehand, or do you just make it up as you go along? Being such an expert, surely you know that the word Palestine is actually derived from the Greek Palaestina. Of course, you also know that it was a largely geographical term. And obviously you are aware that JEWS and ARABS were BOTH called Palestinians during the British Mandate. Only after the establishment of Israel did the local Arab population decide to lay exclusive claim to the term Palestinian. But you already knew all of that...

I've always known that the people who lived in Palestine were Palestinian.

The creation of the 51st state of Israel is what caused the problems.

OK .., I'm wrong about that !!!

It was the Jews bombing the British in Palestine (coining the word terrorist )that started the problems.

One thing is for sure.., if every Jew who didn't hold title to any parcel of land in Palestine prior to 1940 left today we could have one hell of a peace party!
I bet Bono would play "gratis"!

"Gratis" that means "free of charge" for you Mexican haters.

I think that is everymans' everyday struggle as they seek to feed their children .

Bullshit.

Why is it so much different if you happen to be Jewish?

Read your history books.

Dude.., you really don't want to go there!

You poor poor put upon Jew!

Jews believe themselves put upon when they don't recieve special treatment!

HAROLD !!!! They don't have any cream Cheese!!!!!! Do I get a discount since they don't have any cream cheese?
THEY DON"T HAVE ANY CREAM CHEESE !!!!!

Jews in Egypt weren't exactly slaves as were those Afro Americans in the deep south.

The Jews in Egypt simply weren't treated as if they were better than anyone else.

To them that is to be treated wrong!! Slaves!!!

can't believe this thread has lasted so long when it's based on a troll post.

Really, no comments on the gem from page 1 from the OP? The real truth comes out. Honestly, We can have a thread like this if it's discourse like that presented by Markharju, falx, and darius. However, the blatant racism by the OP shines through right here.

He may couch it in "political" discussion, but really, the OP is just a hater of Jews.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I see no reason to consider Swiss personnel (who are Christians) on the ground in the West Bank to be biased. It is my belief that their reputation for neutrality is what brought them there.

After having lived in Switzerland for a year, I can tell you with certainty that anti-Zionism is widespread in that country, as it is in most of Europe -- even in places as remote as Iceland.

being pro-palestinian doesn't mean you are anti-zionist...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

can't believe this thread has lasted so long when it's based on a troll post ... However, the blatant racism by the OP shines through right here.

He may couch it in "political" discussion, but really, the OP is just a hater of Jews.

and you are making repeated personal attacks and not even bothering to couch it in 'political' talk...

(i can see you're a hater of palestinians)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

can't believe this thread has lasted so long when it's based on a troll post ... However, the blatant racism by the OP shines through right here.

and you are making repeated personal attacks and not even bothering to couch it in 'political' talk...

(i can see you're a hater of palestinians)

me? Repeated? lol, that was my first post in the thread, and if it looks like a duck...

If anyone wants to ban me for calling it like I see it, then fine. I haven't said one word about palestinians, either. They are people just like Israelis. Read what I quoted. How is it OK to troll us with blatant and false stereotypes like "jews argue for discounts becuase they didn't get cream cheese on their bagel".

Seriously, i found that incredibly offensive. So I suppose if I said I find it offensive when someone uses the disgusting phrase "he jewed him down" or "you're such a cheap jew" doesn't mean I hate Palestineans.

I also find it offensive when someone makes a sweeping generalization like "all muslims are terrorists". Oh wait, I can't defend one without hating the other? How could I possibly live with such a skewed world view? :S

And of all people, if you paid ANY attention to these forums, you would know that I'm one of the more liberal people on here. I thought that was your thing?
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

And of all people, if you paid ANY attention to these forums, you would know that I'm one of the more liberal people on here. I thought that was your thing?

paying attention?

no, his thing is to throw out a lot of conflicting statements in hopes that they're occasionally correct.