Capt36

A new low for the Atlanta TSA folks

The TSA guy that searched my gearbag decided to pull both the main and reserve pins on my rig. This was checked baggage, not carry-on. The agent had to remove the rig from the gearbag, to open the reserve flap. The reserve handle was sitted in the webbing holder. He put it back in the gearbag in a completely different way. I never found the lead seal.
There was only the usual "we were there", orange card.....
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Practice random acts of kindness, and senseless beauty...

And, give money for Mr Douglas! www.mrdouglas.org

I used to carry the rig on with me, until the rent-a-goon in Austrailia refused to allow it onboard. It came off the belt, in New Zealand, wrapped in sticky packing tape... On my return, the New Zealand officials were great. But, when I got off in Sydney, there was the guy that was told to take it from me.... After I protested, since I had just carried it off that plane, he allowed me to proceed straight to my BA flight out of Austrailia, protected by a guard... The guard asked the stewardess if it was ok to have the parachute. She said, "Only if I can use it, if I need to."... He left me there... That was in 1995. Things are worse now. The airlines do not consider this as 'special baggage'. But, I doubt that would have kept this person from doing what they did.... TSA has been into my gearbag in the past. But, they have never messed with my parachute!
Practice random acts of kindness, and senseless beauty...

And, give money for Mr Douglas! www.mrdouglas.org