Amazon

The TRUTH

http://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htm

FALSE MY ASS

AMERICAN RAPE STATISTICS
Somewhere in America, a woman is raped every 2 minutes, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

In 1995, 354,670 women were the victims of a rape or sexual assault. (NationalCrime Victimization Survey. Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, 1996.)

Over the last two years, more than 787,000 women were the victim of a rape or sexual assault. (National Crime Victimization Survey. Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S.Department of Justice, 1996.)

The FBI estimates that 72 of every 100,000 females in the United States wereraped last year. (Federal Bureau of Investigation, Uniform Crime Statistics, 1996.)

SILENT VICTIMS :

One of the most startling aspects of sex crimes is how many go unreported. The most common reasons given by women for not reporting these crimes are the belief that it is a private or personal matter and the fear of reprisal from the assailant.

Approximately 28% of victims are raped by husbands or boyfriends, 35% by acquaintances, and 5% by other relatives. (Violence against Women, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1994)

The FBI estimates that only 37% of all rapes are reported to the police. U.S. Justice Department statistics are even lower, with only 26% of all rapes or attempted rapes being reported to law enforcement officials.

In 1994-1995, only 251,560 rapes and sexual assaults were reported to law enforcement officials -- less than one in every three. (National Crime Victimization Survey, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, 1996.)

An overwhelming majority of rape service agencies believe that public education about rape, and expanded counseling and advocacy services for rape victims, would be effective in increasing the willingness of victims to report rapes to the police. (Rape in America, 1992, National Victim Center with Crime Victims Research and Treatment Center.)

LIVING IN FEAR :

According to the U.S. Department of Justice: (All statistics are taken from: Violenceagainst Women, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1994.)

One of every four rapes take place in a public area or in a parking garage.

31% of female victims reported that the offender was a stranger.

68% of rapes occur between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.

At least 45% of rapists were under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

In 29% of rapes, the offender used a weapon.

In 47% of rapes, the victim sustained injuries other than rape injuries.

75% of female rape victims require medical care after the attack.

NOT JUST A FAMILY MATTER :

Family violence and abuse are among the most prevalent forms of interpersonal violence against women and young children -- both boys and girls. The sexual abuse of a child should never be "just a family matter," but many children are afraid to report an incident to the police because the abusers are too often a family friend or relative.

Approximately one-third of all juvenile victims of sexual abuse cases are children younger than 6 years of age. (Violence and the Family, Report of the American Psychological Association Presidential Task Force on Violence and the Family, 1996.)

According to the Justice Department, one in two rape victims are under age 18; one in six are under age 12. (Child Rape Victims, 1992. U.S. Department of Justice.)

FACE OF AMERICA :

About 81% of rape victims are white; 18% are black; 1% are of other races. (Violence against Women, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1994.)

About half of all rape victims are in the lowest third of income distribution; half are in the upper two-thirds. (Violence against Women, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1994.)

There were 71 forcible rapes per 100,000 females reported to United States law enforcement agencies in 1996. 2

Data from the National Women's Study, a longitudinal telephone survey of a national household probability sample of women at least 18 years of age, show 683,000 women forcibly raped each year and that 84% of rape victims did not report the offense to the police.3

Using Uniform Crime Report data for 1994 and 1995, the Bureau of Justice Statistics found that of rape victims who reported the offense to law enforcement, about 40% were under the age of 18, and 15% were younger than 12.4

In a national survey 27.7% of college women reported a sexual experience since the age of fourteen that met the legal definition of rape or attempted rape, and 7.7% of college men reported perpetrating aggressive behavior which met the legal definition of rape.5

The National Crime Victimization Survey indicates that for 1992-1993, 92% of rapes were committed by known assailants.1 About half of all rapes and sexual assaults against women are committed by friends and acquaintances, and 26% are by intimate partners.1

Risk factors for perpetrating sexual violence include: early sexual experience (both forced and voluntary),6 adherence by men to sex role stereotyping,7,8 negative attitudes of men towards women,6,9,,10,11,12, alcohol consumption,8,13 acceptance of rape myths by men.8,9,12,14,15

Non-forceful verbal resistance and lack of resistance are associated with rape completion.1,6

The adult pregnancy rate associated with rape is estimated to be 4.7%. This information, in conjunction with estimates based on the U.S. Census, suggest that there may be 32,101 annual rape-related pregnancies among American women over the age of 18.17

Non-genital physical injuries occur in approximately 40% of completed rape cases.18 As many as 3% of all rape cases have non-genital injuries requiring overnight hospitalization.19

Victims of rape often manifest long-term symptoms of chronic headaches,18,20fatigue20, sleep disturbance20, recurrent nausea,20 decreased appetite,21 eating disorders,22 menstrual pain,18 sexual dysfunction,23 and suicide attempts.21 In a longitudinal study, sexual assault was found to increase the odds of substance abuse by a factor of 2.5.24

Estimates of the occurrence of sexually transmitted diseases resulting from rape range from 3.6% to 30%.18,22 HIV transmission risk rate from rape is estimated at 1 in 500,22,25 although a few probable cases have been documented in Sweden and Great Britain. 26,27

Victims of marital or date rape are 11 times more likely to be clinically depressed, and 6 times more likely to experience social phobia than are non-victims. Psychological problems are still evident in cases as long as 15 years after the assault.28

Fatalities occur in about 0.1% of all rape cases.29,30

A study examining the use of health services over a five year period by female members of a health maintenance program found that the number of visits to physicians by rape victims increased 56% in the year following the crime, compared to a 2% utilization increase by non-victims.31

The National Public Services Research Institute estimates the lifetime cost for each rape with physical injuries which occurred in 1987 to be $60,000.32

I work as a probation officer for LA county. When I worked in the girls SHU at CJH virtualy every female minor in our care had a history of sexual abuse and or rape. Those stats do not surprise me. Most of those kids were my daughters age. I found it to be heartbreaking

You better believe it's the truth. And the most important truth in this post are the dates, all of which are pre-2001. Since 2001, America has been far too concerned with seeking revenge, justified or otherwise, in Iraq and Afganistan, to care about the suffering of Americans domestically.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

You better believe it's the truth. And the most important truth in this post are the dates, all of which are pre-2001. Since 2001, America has been far too concerned with seeking revenge, justified or otherwise, in Iraq and Afganistan, to care about the suffering of Americans domestically.

The fact is there is ia dirty secret in America.... Most women who are raped will never get justice... as evidenced by what is happening in Houston... where KBR is KING.

I had a chance to work as a geologist intern on a rig and learned quicly what the future would hold.
I could have made vrey good money once I gradauated with my degree. After that experience I opted to use focus on a different field because had I got the job I was after I would probably have ended up being beheaded for protecting myself from the "wonderful" human beings who work on the rigs.

The fact is there is ia dirty secret in America.... Most women who are raped will never get justice... as evidenced by what is happening in Houston... where KBR is KING.

I had a chance to work as a geologist intern on a rig and learned quicly what the future would hold.
I could have made vrey good money once I gradauated with my degree. After that experience I opted to use focus on a different field because had I got the job I was after I would probably have ended up being beheaded for protecting myself from the "wonderful" human beings who work on the rigs.

not to take away from those that were "actually" raped or assulted, the one thing I would question is how many of those women decided after, during, or at the time consentual sex that they did the wrong thing and blamed the male for it happening? I know a few women that have clamed rape, but after hearing the story they actually consented to the sex and then thought differently afterwards.

You just earned the Eye Roll of the Day Award.

- Dan G

not to take away from those that were "actually" raped or assulted, the one thing I would question is how many of those women decided after, during, or at the time consentual sex that they did the wrong thing and blamed the male for it happening? I know a few women that have clamed rape, but after hearing the story they actually consented to the sex and then thought differently afterwards.

Of course you do..... in other words... the same old tired shit.

I bet the woman working for KBR was wearing some really HOT camo uniforms.. that turned on her male coworkers... and we all know that any woman that would be there in a position like that is just asking for all the male attention she wants:S:S:S:S:S:S

I bet the woman working for KBR was wearing some really HOT camo uniforms.. that turned on her male coworkers... and we all know that any woman that would be there in a position like that is just asking for all the male attention she wants:S:S:S:S:S:S

so you would convict or ruin an inocent man's life just to prove that women get raped? shouldn't you want to find out the truth? how many mens lives have been ruined by women that lie to save face go after money, or make themselves feel better? Isn't the truth what should be looked at? according to you it is ok to ruin someones life. maybe you would think differently if your life was the one getting ruined.

so you would convict or ruin an inocent man's life just to prove that women get raped? shouldn't you want to find out the truth? how many mens lives have been ruined by women that lie to save face go after money, or make themselves feel better? Isn't the truth what should be looked at? according to you it is ok to ruin someones life. maybe you would think differently if your life was the one getting ruined.

Ok I will go with the good old tried and true conservative way of doing it.. for thousands of years..Her 2/3 of a human right do not equal a mans full share of human rights.
Women have no rights to their own bodies.. ANY attention from ANY MAN... time to spread them legs baby.. for the good of the Race.. Species and on and on.. ad nauseum

The TRUTH?????

You can't handle the fucking truth>:(

Do you ever not think in absolutes?

Guess what some woman do lie, even white Christian ones.:S

And yes Woman do get raped, and some report it and some do not. And yes the rapist should be punished to the fullest degree of the law.
However in the real world the world that’s not in simple black and white. There are people who lie, there are people who changed there mind, and yes some woman use it as a weapon to ruin good mens lives.

Its hard to take ANY THING you say seriously when all you do is deal in absolutes and attack anyone who poses a LOGICAL challenge.

So before you spew some Bull shit about how I am PRO RAPE. LET ME BE CLEAR.

Rape is a horrible offence and I don’t think the current punishment on the books is sufficient enough. I believe in some cases the death penalty is the right way to go.

However I think in cases where it is obvious that a victim LIED, or Falsified a story for Revenge, guilt, whatever they should get the sentence that the falsely accused could have gotten.

As for Child rape. In my opinion you get two options cut your balls off or life in prison.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

there are many women that have been raped and those men should be jailed, but there are many mens lives that have been ruined by false acusations and this is just as wrong. Dotson was definately an idiot but didn't dererve what he got.

Ok I will go with the good old tried and true conservative way of doing it.. for thousands of years..Her 2/3 of a human right do not equal a mans full share of human rights.
Women have no rights to their own bodies.. ANY attention from ANY MAN... time to spread them legs baby.. for the good of the Race.. Species and on and on.. ad nauseum

The TRUTH?????

It seems that you are the one that can't handle it.

The TRUTH?????

I would say our system is as it is.... based on the wonderful knights in shining armor we have in this country "protecting" women.

Who needs a knight.. when he is the one who wants to get his RAPE and pillage on.

Do you think Jamie Leigh Jones was gang raped?
Do you think Jamie Leigh Jones was severely beaten, requiring surgery?
Do you think Jamie Leigh Jones was held captive in a shipping container?
Do you think Jamie Leigh Jones has a history of drinking until blacking out and not remembering sex?
Do you think Jamie Leigh Jones has a history of being dishonest?

To help you out, the factual answers are no, no, no, yes, and yes. Sorry red, you bought into a big bullshit lie. The facts are out there, and the jury is in. She full of crap.

I don't know why you couldn't keep this in a single thread, since you've already shown this one isn't about rape, it's about the JLJ case. And by the way, your "crusading knights bent on rape and pillaging" are firefighters, not soldiers.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

The TRUTH?????

I would say our system is as it is.... based on the wonderful knights in shining armor we have in this country "protecting" women.

Who needs a knight.. when he is the one who wants to get his RAPE and pillage on.

I have given you an indisputable example of a lying bitch who sent an innocent man, whom she'd never even met, to prison just so she could protect her "reputation". A woman who let him rot in prison for a decade. And a legal system that went along happily with her lies. And I'm ashamed that she lived in my community when she did it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The woman working for KBR was a lying bitch, and the jury didn't buy her lies:

motherjones.com/politics/2011/07/kbr-could-win-jamie-leigh-jones-rape-trial?page=2

The TRUTH?????

I have given you an indisputable example of a lying bitch who sent an innocent man, whom she'd never even met, to prison just so she could protect her "reputation". A woman who let him rot in prison for a decade. And a legal system that went along happily with her lies. And I'm ashamed that she lived in my community when she did it.

And for every case like that.... there are probably 10.000 women who never even come forward because they will be raped repeatedly by our criminal injustice system as THEY are made to feel guilty for having the audacity to have been RAPED.

AND You all fucking KNOW it...SHAME ON YOU

The TRUTH?????

And for every case like that.... there are probably 10.000 women who never even come forward because they will be raped repeatedly by our criminal injustice system

Pigs PROBABLY could fly, if they had wings.

Sorry John.. but the reality for far too high a percentage of women is out there... you and others seem to be incapable of seeing that rather telling TRUTH..

The statistics are there for all to see.. sorry.. you do not WANT to see them for what they really are.

Sorry John.. but the reality for far too high a percentage of women is out there... you and others seem to be incapable of seeing that rather telling TRUTH..

The statistics are there for all to see.. sorry.. you do not WANT to see them for what they really are.

TRUTH is what Cathy Crowell Webb and Jamie Leigh Jones seemed to have a big problem with.

TRUTH is what Cathy Crowell Webb and Jamie Leigh Jones seemed to have a big problem with.

TRUTH is a system that will not prosecute the perpetrators.. without RAPING the victims again over and over.. unless its white woman that was attacked by a black man in the south.

But thats ok John I get it... its the womens fault.. for dressing the wrong way.. and on and on and on...

FUCK.. I suppose you all want women here in the US to wear burkas like the MiddleEast cause you just can't help yourselves... so you do not get all turned on.. and have to rape someone to prevent your blue balls:S:S:S:S:S

Here Professor.. YOU do the numbers since you want to gloss over them

Consider the following statistics taken from the Full Report of the Prevalence, Incidence, and Consequences of Violence against Women, Findings from the National Violence against Women Survey in November of 2000. 17.6% of women in the United States have survived a completed or attempted rape. Of these, 21.6% were younger than age 12 when they were first raped, and 32.4% were between the ages of 12 and 17. 64% of women who reported being raped, physically assaulted, and/or stalked since age 18 were victimized by a current or former husband, cohabiting partner, boyfriend, or date. [RED]The FBI estimates that only 37% of all rapes are reported to the police. U.S. Justice Department statistics are even lower, with only 26% of all rapes or attempted rapes being reported to law enforcement officials.[/RED]

So how many millions of your wives, mothers, daughters, aunts, cousins etc is that.... that you want to gloss over.

And for every case like that.... there are probably 10.000 women who never even come forward because they will be raped repeatedly by our criminal injustice system as THEY are made to feel guilty for having the audacity to have been RAPED.

A British study put the number of false allegations at about 3% (originally 8%, but was reduced after methodology was refined). Per your stats, out of 355k rapes a year and 35% reporting (124250), 3727 of those are false. That leaves 231000 unreported incidents, at a ratio of about 1 false claim per 62 unreported.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

A British study put the number of false allegations at about 3% (originally 8%, but was reduced after methodology was refined). Per your stats, out of 355k rapes a year and 35% reporting (124250), 3727 of those are false. That leaves 231000 unreported incidents, at a ratio of about 1 false claim per 62 unreported.

Want to try again.. with our FAR more violent society on this side of the pond???

Interesting that you also forgot to take into account how many MILLIONS of women are raped... and the percentage of those not reported

17.6% of women in the United States have survived a completed or attempted rape.

How many million American Women are there again????

From the same article

According to the U.S. Department of Justice the most common rape myths are:
1.Rape is a crime of passion.
2.Women who are careful don’t get raped.
3.Rape is impossible if the woman really resists.
4.Women secretly want to be raped.
5.The rapist is usually a stranger.
6.If rape is imminent, the woman should really relax and enjoy it.
7.Women “cry rape,” i.e. falsely claim to have been raped as a manipulative tactic.

It seems our knights are somewhat tarnished in the USA

Want to try again.. with our FAR more violent society on this side of the pond???

Interesting that you also forgot to take into account how many MILLIONS of women are raped... and the percentage of those not reported

17.6% of women in the United States have survived a completed or attempted rape.

How many million American Women are there again????

I used the stats you provided for 1 year (1995). The figure 17.6% of all women is not "17.6% of women are raped in a year" but "to date" (their current lifetime). Thus, it is impossible to compute how many false accusations are made each year based on the total sum.

Even if we use the current false report rate of crimes in general, about 2%, the ratio only changes to about 1:90. That's still a far, far cry from 1:10,000.

I'm sure there's some personal stake in this for you, hence the tone of your posts, and probably some good info as well, but lashing out at anyone and everyone and labeling all males more or less as the spawn of Satan, bent on raping every last female out there doesn't exactly get your message out.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.