JohnRich

Guns, guns and more guns

One rifle is missing from the racks, as I shot it this weekend and haven't cleaned it yet.

Rifle cleaned. Scorecard from stage 1 attached. 1000-yards, iron sights, prone position. Near perfect conditions, with clear sky - no clouds to change light conditions, and light steady wind, head-on. Good score for the M1A, caliber .308. 15 of 20 shots inside 30-inches. The gun liked that 9-ring - I'd like to see some of those become 10's.

After much experimentation, I finally have an ammo recipe that works fairly well.

Then the wind picked up a little, shifting from side to side, and gusting up and down. Score was down 10 points in stages 2 & 3. I gotta learn to read the wind better, proactively rather than reactively.

The M1A is normally considered a fairly large rifle, but it looks like a mouse gun on the rack alongside all the custom-mode long-range guns with 30" bull barrels and heavy target stocks.