dreamdancer

Barack Obama Middle East speech: Palestinian state should be based on 1967 borders

Question for those of you who have fallen for the US-Israeli propagandha and are now rabid Israelophiles:

Would you support total annihalation of all Arab countries? If not, why?

(it seems like you would support this based on your comments)

The friend of my enemy is my enemy... especially after he has butcherd thousands of my fellow countrymen because we are of a different faith than they, and have declared jihad against my friend and I.

Will you convert or will you choose to die because YOU are an unbeliever to them.

Ok..not sure I'm understanding...so you do support killing all Arabs? lol

We have killed a lot more of them than they have us so they really have every right to be upset, no? (much like you are upset with them?)

I'm neither converting nor choosing to die, but thanks. Carpet bombing their children will only antagonize them. Surely this is not the correct approach.

There is one thing that many of you will not consider, Amazon, Skyrad, Darius and myself all understand that lunatics are in charge on many of these countries.

For years they have been killing countless thousands of their own people plus ours because we do not think nor act as they do.

For decades the People of Iran and other countries only hope was that the US/UK would come to their aid.

This presidency through its fucked up messages has dashed all hopes of the people who yearn to be free of the tyranny that is perpetuated upon them on a daily basis.

The Basij and other groups like them are nothing but an angry mob hell bent on killing anyone who stands in their way pr speaks out against their crimes.

DD, KIDwicked and others like that simply are sucked into the psychological warfare being conducted in order to make people "come to the aid of those poor downtrodden zealots" who murder in the name of religion.

Our countries may not be perfect and we can state such without fear of being murdered. We stand alone in the defense of people who simply want to live free of oppression. If you do not believe so please just say it, while you are doing so remind yourself as to why you are allowed to without being dragged into the street and being beheaded.

For years they have been killing countless thousands of their own people plus ours because we do not think nor act as they do.

That's their problem, not ours. Let's not add to the problem by bombing them. (that's why they attack us, not because we don't think like them..lol)

For decades the People of Iran and other countries only hope was that the US/UK would come to their aid.

Wow! I was under the impression the Iranian people kicked us and our dictator out of their country in 1979. I don't think they want us back..lol

This presidency through its fucked up messages has dashed all hopes of the people who yearn to be free of the tyranny that is perpetuated upon them on a daily basis.

It is only through direct US support that the dictatorships of the reason have lasted as long as they have. (Egypt is one of the biggest recipients of US aid as are the rest)

Our countries may not be perfect and we can state such without fear of being murdered. We stand alone in the defense of people who simply want to live free of oppression. If you do not believe so please just say it, while you are doing so remind yourself as to why you are allowed to without being dragged into the street and being beheaded.

I enjoy my freedom of speech and not being beheaded. We should stop supressing others who also want this right and instead support them.

Check your facts!

i think that's a 'yes, i would annihilate all arab countries'. step up to the plate amazon...

Hey if you get all warm and fuzzy trusting people who want to kill you because you don't believe as they do... have at it... Step up to your own plate... but I think you will find yourself actually getting yourself into a rather sticky wicket old chap

so is that a yes or no? - not like you to beat around the bush...

It is an unequivocal NO but you already should know that if you can see thru your hatred of anyone who does not believe as you do.

BUT.. if you believe that your JIHAD is righteous giving you the right to murder all unbelievers indiscriminately...because they believe differently that you do, I would love to help you get to Allah just as quickly as possible, with the least amount of innocent collateral damage as possible, unlike you who wish to drag as many innocents along with you as you possibly can.

so is that a yes or no? - not like you to beat around the bush...

It is an unequivocal NO but you already should know that if you can see thru your hatred of anyone who does not believe as you do.

BUT.. if you believe that your JIHAD is righteous giving you the right to murder all unbelievers indiscriminately...because they believe differently that you do, I would love to help you get to Allah just as quickly as possible, with the least amount of innocent collateral damage as possible, unlike you who wish to drag as many innocents along with you as you possibly can.

In the effort to fight evil, we must be careful not to become evil ourselves. Otherwise what is there left to fight for? Israel has already sold their soul in their fight against terrorism and we are inexplicably following them down that road.

time is running out for peace. from the israeli press...

The combined outcome of Obama's speeches was very good for Israel. What was called for in response was an Israeli move that would help the president defend the Jewish state against a hostile world. What was needed was an Israeli contribution to the American effort to prevent an imminent diplomatic collapse and leave open the possibility of peace in the future. Netanyahu had to make an Israeli gesture, to demonstrate Israeli generosity. He had to offer an Israeli peace plan.

But Netanyahu didn't do it. There was no gesture, no generosity, no peace plan. After four months of anticipation, the king's speech was nothing more than one long, fluent stutter.

A week ago, I wrote that Netanyahu's speech would stand or fall on 30 words. He didn't have to open the gates of heaven; he merely had to indirectly adopt a sensible, comprehensive and creative diplomatic formula.

But even this, Netanyahu wasn't capable of giving. Even a mere 30 words frightened him. Time after time, the prime minister brought the senators and congressmen to their feet, but he himself fell down. Netanyahu missed the last chance that history will give him.

In another few months, reality will come knocking. Israel will find itself in nonsplendid isolation at the United Nations. Israel will be ostracized from the family of nations.

At the same time, a new Palestinian uprising will begin. The liberated masses of the Arab world will support it. There will be no quiet on the security front. There will be no economic growth. There will be a collapse.

Will Netanyahu be the direct cause of this collapse? No. But Netanyahu will be the man who didn't do everything in his power to prevent it. And therefore, Netanyahu will be seen as the one responsible for it. In this terrible sense as well, he will become Golda Meir.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/netanyahu-s-peace-stance-is-running-israel-into-a-wall-1.364109
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

time is running out for peace. from the israeli press...

The combined outcome of Obama's speeches was very good for Israel. What was called for in response was an Israeli move that would help the president defend the Jewish state against a hostile world. What was needed was an Israeli contribution to the American effort to prevent an imminent diplomatic collapse and leave open the possibility of peace in the future. Netanyahu had to make an Israeli gesture, to demonstrate Israeli generosity. He had to offer an Israeli peace plan.

But Netanyahu didn't do it. There was no gesture, no generosity, no peace plan. After four months of anticipation, the king's speech was nothing more than one long, fluent stutter.

A week ago, I wrote that Netanyahu's speech would stand or fall on 30 words. He didn't have to open the gates of heaven; he merely had to indirectly adopt a sensible, comprehensive and creative diplomatic formula.

But even this, Netanyahu wasn't capable of giving. Even a mere 30 words frightened him. Time after time, the prime minister brought the senators and congressmen to their feet, but he himself fell down. Netanyahu missed the last chance that history will give him.

In another few months, reality will come knocking. Israel will find itself in nonsplendid isolation at the United Nations. Israel will be ostracized from the family of nations.

At the same time, a new Palestinian uprising will begin. The liberated masses of the Arab world will support it. There will be no quiet on the security front. There will be no economic growth. There will be a collapse.

Will Netanyahu be the direct cause of this collapse? No. But Netanyahu will be the man who didn't do everything in his power to prevent it. And therefore, Netanyahu will be seen as the one responsible for it. In this terrible sense as well, he will become Golda Meir.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/opinion/netanyahu-s-peace-stance-is-running-israel-into-a-wall-1.364109

haaretz.com, alternut.net

Are you capable of finding links from anything other than those that border on the fringes of reality???

another point of view from israel...

The only interesting thing about last week was how Obama played his cards: he wants to be reelected in 2012, and any move seen as enforcing a non-negotiated solution on Israel would have brought him into collision course with a strong Christian Zionist constituency in the U.S. that supports Netanyahu. It would also have invited AIPAC’s ire, even though AIPAC no longer represents the majority of Jewish voters in the U.S.

But Obama also needs and wants to be seen as supporting change in the Arab world and the creation of a Palestinian state. Ergo: he expressed support for a two-state solution based on the 1967 borders. But he also stated that he will not accept unilateral moves by the Palestinians such as seeking recognition for a Palestinian state at the UN. Officially he therefore rejects imposing a non-negotiated solution to the conflict on Israel.

So far there are constraints on what he could say publicly. His actual position seems to be somewhat different: he knows that, given Netanyahu’s political constraints and his worldview, chances for productive negotiations with the Palestinians are practically zero. He also knows that the Palestinians’ bid for recognition by the UN General Assembly, where the U.S. does not have veto power, is likely to receive more than two-thirds of the vote, probably including Britain and France.

Hence Obama’s strategy is really quite interesting: he will let the international community do the work of establishing the 1967 borders as a fact of international law without paying a heavy political price at home. He can step into the ring after his reelection, when he will have a much freer hand, and will be able to argue legitimately that he is representing the international community in moving toward the only solution of the Israel-Palestine conflict - two viable states for two peoples.

The clear losers in Netanyahu’s short-sightedness wrapped into grandiose verbal pyrotechnics are the citizens of Israel. Once the dust of the media storm settles down, we will be faced with the stark truth: The specter of Israel’s ever-growing isolation and of increasing international pressure looms large. Once the Palestinians succeed in their bid for statehood, the Netanyahu government will be facing international criticism of its settlement policies unprecedented in force and intensity.

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/strenger-than-fiction/netanyahu-s-win-is-israel-s-loss-1.364022

DD, KIDwicked and others like that simply are sucked into the psychological warfare being conducted in order to make people "come to the aid of those poor downtrodden zealots" who murder in the name of religion.

LOL. This is a category error on your part and apparently a way for you to overcome the cognitive dissonance you feel when confronted with someone who has an opposing opinion to yours. "they're minds are being controlled by psychological warfare" - really??
Coreece: "You sound like some skinheads I know, but your prejudice is with Christians, not niggers..."

>For years they have been killing countless thousands of their own people
>plus ours because we do not think nor act as they do.

And we have been killing countless thousands of _their_ people because they do not think like we do. Time for both sides to stop.

Israel has already sold their soul in their fight against terrorism

I still own my soul and I'm damn proud of it, thank you...

I agree with Bill. When we start to rationalize the killing of their civilians as 'collateral damage' while remaining outraged about the killing of our own civilians is where the problem begins (on both sides).

>For years they have been killing countless thousands of their own people
>plus ours because we do not think nor act as they do.

And we have been killing countless thousands of _their_ people because they do not think like we do. Time for both sides to stop.

We are killing Palestinians, Syrians, and Iranians?

Please do tell...

oooh, have you stopped beating your wife thread. Neat.

Question for those of you who have fallen for the US-Israeli propagandha and are now rabid Israelophiles:

Would you support total annihalation of all Arab countries? If not, why?

(it seems like you would support this based on your comments)

How much cheaper would gas be is we did this? I'm in!

(shamelessly stolen from cartoonist Tom Toles, circa 1991)

I take it then that you really don't know any Iranians that are not fanatics.

I do know Persians and you could not be more wrong about their wishes for freedom and democracy.

Persians all want us to invade Iran to "free" them? Somehow I doubt that.. lol

And yes, we have killed lots of them in the past:

We heavily subsidized Iraq's side during the Iran-Iraq war and I'm fairly sure millions of Iranians died in that conflict. We also fully supported the Shah's regime which imprisoned and killed lots of Iranians. (they don't call us the great satan for our delicious KFC I assure you ;)

I take it then that you really don't know any Iranians that are not fanatics.

I do know Persians and you could not be more wrong about their wishes for freedom and democracy.

Persians all want us to invade Iran to "free" them? Somehow I doubt that.. lol

And yes, we have killed lots of them in the past:

We heavily subsidized Iraq's side during the Iran-Iraq war and I'm fairly sure millions of Iranians died in that conflict. We also fully supported the Shah's regime which imprisoned and killed lots of Iranians. (they don't call us the great satan for our delicious KFC I assure you ;)

Remember the Embassy....remember the Marine Barracks ....the Iranians know they are at war with us... FUCK the IRANIANS.. especially those of that generation who participated in their nice little JIHAD against the US.. The more that can be sent to ALLAH... the better ....... let him sort out the righteous!!!!

Remember the Embassy....

Remember when they took hostages in a US embassy IN IRAN after the US had overthrown their government and installed a dictator for several decades? What a self-righteous fantasy land you must enjoy.

remember the Marine Barracks ....the Iranians know they are at war with us... FUCK the IRANIANS.. especially those of that generation who participated in their nice little JIHAD against the US.. The more that can be sent to ALLAH... the better ....... let him sort out the righteous!!!!

The marine barracks... in Lebanon?

I tell you what - how about you dry up your tears and actually have a cry when Iranians start killing people inside America and not where America sets up camp and kills others - maybe people will take you seriously.

more good news...

After four years, Egypt on Saturday permanently opened the Rafah crossing, the Gaza Strip's main gateway to the outside world, bringing long-awaited relief to the territory's Palestinian population and a significant achievement for Hamas, which rules Gaza.

The deputy foreign minister of Hamas, Ghazi Hamad, called the opening of the Rafah crossing "a unique move and a positive development."

"We will cooperate with Egyptian brothers to make sure the new arrangements get implemented smoothly and accurately ... We even hope that 1,000 people will be able to cross every day," Hamad, who oversees work at the crossing, told Reuters.

The reopening of the Rafah crossing eases an Egyptian blockade of Gaza that has prevented the vast majority of the densely populated area's 1.5 million people from being able to travel abroad. The closure, along with an Israeli blockade of its borders with Gaza, has fueled an economic crisis in the territory.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/fatah-official-hails-brave-egyptian-decision-to-open-rafah-crossing-1.364572

You do know the MARINES were there as part of a multinational coalition trying to stop a civil war that was devastating Lebanon and killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians right?

Something tells me you did not know that.

Remember the Embassy....

Remember when they took hostages in a US embassy IN IRAN after the US had overthrown their government and installed a dictator for several decades? What a self-righteous fantasy land you must enjoy.

remember the Marine Barracks ....the Iranians know they are at war with us... FUCK the IRANIANS.. especially those of that generation who participated in their nice little JIHAD against the US.. The more that can be sent to ALLAH... the better ....... let him sort out the righteous!!!!

The marine barracks... in Lebanon?

I tell you what - how about you dry up your tears and actually have a cry when Iranians start killing people inside America and not where America sets up camp and kills others - maybe people will take you seriously.

humorous & very true... people get so angry when countries we invade actually fight back lol

You do know the MARINES were there as part of a multinational coalition trying to stop a civil war that was devastating Lebanon and killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians right?

Something tells me you did not know that.

Its ok.. some people are too fucking stoooooopid to realize that there are people who really do believe they are at war with the US and use that to justify the killing of Americans.. wherever and whenever they wish.

I am good with putting our enemies in the ground first..