Gravitymaster

What a Weiner!!!

http://www.weiner.house.gov/news_display.aspx?id=1390

NEWS: New Study Shows $18 Million In Parking Tickets Owed By Foreign Governments

180 Deadbeat Countries To Be Targets of Weiner Bill

New York City – Representative Anthony Weiner (D – Brooklyn and Queens), a member of the House Judiciary Crime Subcommittee, unveiled a new study showing that 180 foreign nations owe New York City $18 million in parking tickets. Rep. Weiner announced legislation which would ensure that this outstanding debt is paid to New York City.

In 2001, Congress passed legislation to withhold foreign aid to countries in amounts equivalent to their outstanding parking fines, but the withheld money was never passed on to New York City. The current law has allowed the State Department to move withheld funds to other programs, rather than paying down the debt to NYC.

"It’s insulting to all New Yorkers that countries like Yemen, Zimbabwe and Iran owe the City millions in unpaid parking tickets,” Weiner said. “Diplomats park illegally, ignore paying their parking tickets and expect New Yorkers to pick up the tab. This needs to end.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, you tell em Anthony, this needs to end!! Soms a bitches.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/03/29/2011-03-29_rep_anthony_weiner_has_more_than_2000_in_upaid_parking_tickets_in_washington_dc.html?r=news

Rep. Anthony Weiner had more than $2000 in upaid parking tickets in Washington, D.C.

By Richard Sisk
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Rep. Anthony Weiner outside the Capitol - around which the New York politician has amassed more than $2000 in unpaid parking tickets.

Rep. Anthony Weiner has a little bit of 'splaining to do.

The self-appointed scourge of diplomatic scofflaws in Manhattan, Weiner racked up more than $2,000 in parking tickets around Capitol Hill.

From 2007 to March of this year, Weiner's ticket total was $2,180 for violations near the Capitol and at Reagan Washington National Airport, Roll Call, the Capitol Hill newspaper, reported Tuesday.

A Weiner spokesman said all of the fines have been paid since the paper first contacted the office.

"He is pleased to have helped decrease the D.C. budget deficit," Weiner spokesman Dave Arnold quipped to the paper.

I find the arrogance of racking up this many tickets a real insight into his character. I'm sure the little twerp has the attitude that the laws don't apply to him, being such a powerful member of Congress and all. Add to that the fact that if this was you or I, and we didn't pay them within 15 days, we would have found a Boot on our wheels. I wonder if Congress has voted themselves some type of exemption against being Booted?

Background: DC parking ticket fines are brutal. When I lived there, the fines doubled every two weeks. A $100 ticket would be up to $400 in 29 days. I'm not sure what it is like today, but I doubt it is any better. Arlington, VA, where Reagan is, is just as bad.

- Dan G

Yep, that's why scofflaws like Weiner who don't pay their tickets on time rack up huge parking fines. What an arrogant and hypocritical asshole. To be leading the charge to get Furriners to pay up in NY while he has the worst reputation for paying tickets in DC than any other member of Congress.