Abedy

Circumcision declared "An act of violence"

P.S.: Yes, I am circumcised. So I do not know whether it's true I lost 60% or so of my penile functionality etc. I haven't missed anything yet and think my pecker works fine for both :)

How could you possibly know what you may be missing?

I can read about prepucephimosis and paraphimosis. I miss them like I miss a stomach pump...

I expect you miss tonsillitis, appendicitis and testicular cancer like a stomach pump too, but you didn't have your tonsils and appendix out and your balls cut off at birth. Each of them is far more prevalent than phimosis.

Despite your being a lawyer, that has to be one of the sillier arguments you've ever made and you weren't even paid to make it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In regards to circumcision around the world, it's not too uncommon in parts of Europe, but in Scandinavian countries it's very rare and most there do see it as barbaric and inhumane.

As for sensitivity and such things, it also depends a lot on the cut. There's not just 1 style. Get some retro circumcision. For instance one can be circumcised, but the amount taken off is little enough for the skin to just pass the the sensitive underpart of the penis's head, when tugged on. This allows for the cleanliness of a circumcised penis, but without the need for lotion during 'happy times'.

what is it then?

It makes us feel So Fresh and So Clean and helps reduce gynecological inflamations and infections.:)

good for you, i prefer daily showers for that feeling. or dont you have running water in your place? :D

:D

Dude, I live on the Great Lakes in a teepee now, haven't you heard?...plenty of fresh clean water here.

Why do you care so much about my penis anyway?:P

What's next, protesting penis piercings?

:D

believe me, i DONT care about your penis; and i couldnt be pierced where i am pierced, IF i was circumsised. and i've made that choice when i was an adult, and it wasnt made for me! ;)

gosh, i'm so dared to post a pic of my pierced penis now! :D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Yes, I am circumcised. So I do not know whether it's true I lost 60% or so of my penile functionality

Bragger. :P

You just lost few mm of needless skin. [...]
B|

That's why I think, too. The 60% thing is claimed by some of the folks who answered to the FAZ article (and the author writes sth similar IIRC...)
B|
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

I was circumcised when I was born. Traumatic? I couldn't talk for months afterwards. :(

Huhu... reminds me of "To my embarrassment, I was born in bed with a lady"

And you couldn't talk because you - hopefully - sucked on... OK, this is going too far... B|

AFAIK circumcision is practised very often for hygienic reasons or to prevent complications such as [ur "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phimosis"l]phimosis[/url] (ouch!) And, at least regarding to Muslims, it's not necessarily religiously required. There's no reference to it in the Quran , it's "only" a sunna.
Most Jews - so I suspect - do it mainly for hygienic reasons. (Most Jews in Germany aren't that much religious, often called "3-day Jews" since they go to their synagogue only for the three highest holidays) and I suspect it isn't much different in the States... ;)

I was circumcised when I was born. Traumatic? I couldn't talk for months afterwards. :(

That's funny! Good thing I swallowed my Dr. Pepper before I read that.

Did the doctor get a laugh out of it too?:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

In regards to circumcision around the world, it's not too uncommon in parts of Europe, but in Scandinavian countries it's very rare and most there do see it as barbaric and inhumane.

As for sensitivity and such things, it also depends a lot on the cut. There's not just 1 style. Get some retro circumcision. For instance one can be circumcised, but the amount taken off is little enough for the skin to just pass the the sensitive underpart of the penis's head, when tugged on. This allows for the cleanliness of a circumcised penis, but without the need for lotion during 'happy times'.

Sounds what happened to me, never needed any lotion etc... B|:)

Sounds what happened to me, never needed any lotion etc... B|:)

Did anyone ask for your approval before disfiguring your penis?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

AFAIK circumcision is practised very often for hygienic reasons or to prevent complications such as [ur "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phimosis"l]phimosis[/url] (ouch!) And, at least regarding to Muslims, it's not necessarily religiously required. There's no reference to it in the Quran , it's "only" a sunna.
Most Jews - so I suspect - do it mainly for hygienic reasons. (Most Jews in Germany aren't that much religious, often called "3-day Jews" since they go to their synagogue only for the three highest holidays) and I suspect it isn't much different in the States... ;)

as i said, showers help with hygiene.. and those "complications" that you speak off are very rare. there's simply NO need for it!

and for all i know, it's with most muslims and jews, even if they're only "3-day"-jews as you call them..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

No more than Gosnell asked approval from any of the infants he aborted.

an abortion typically takes place up to the 12th week of pregnancy; you wouldnt call a mass of cells an "infant". :|

BTW, we were talking circumsision, not pro-choice or pro-life here..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

an abortion typically takes place up to the 12th week of pregnancy; you wouldnt call a mass of cells an "infant". :|

Gosnell wasn't typical. If you don't know that Gosnell was doing late (very late) 3rd term 'abortions', then maybe you shouldn't be commenting on it.

You were - then kallend chimed in with asking a days-old infant permission to be circumcised. I provided another example where infants of the same age range were not asked permission.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

as i said, showers help with hygiene.. and those "complications" that you speak off are very rare. there's simply NO need for it!

Not true, it's not rare. Just ask your doc. He surely can tell you much more than I need to type now. Ick ... :S

:P

quoted from this article

Phimosis is the result of repeated foreskin infections such as balanitis. It is linked to neglected hygiene

this article states that it's happening with 1% of un-circumsised males..

so you could save 99 penises out of a 100 from getting mutilated, unwillingly..

there are so many bible-thumpers around here, god here, bla-bla there, if your god is so wise, why wasnt he smart enough that your cock would appear "perfect" as it is and you didnt have the feeling you'd have to fuck around with his creation!?

guess what, he got it right the first time around, you're just a bunch of bigots.. ;)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Gosnell wasn't typical. If you don't know that Gosnell was doing late (very late) 3rd term 'abortions', then maybe you shouldn't be commenting on it.

You were - then kallend chimed in with asking a days-old infant permission to be circumcised. I provided another example where infants of the same age range were not asked permission.

maybe you could come up with an explanation that i dont have to pull out google every 2nd post you make. it isnt typical to mutilate your child, yet you are for it. do you also support your gosnell then!?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

maybe you could come up with an explanation that i dont have to pull out google every 2nd post you make. it isnt typical to mutilate your child, yet you are for it. do you also support your gosnell then!?

Maybe you could apply some logic and intelligence instead of trying to trying to smear anyone that doesn't share your view on circumcision.

Circumcision is the norm in the US - your insistence that YOUR view is only correct one is the bigotry you so declaim, above.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Maybe you could apply some logic and intelligence instead of trying to trying to smear anyone that doesn't share your view on circumcision.

Circumcision is the norm in the US - your insistence that YOUR view is only correct one is the bigotry you so declaim, above.

obviously you havent read any of the articles i linked, so any further discussion on the topic with you is unnecessary for me. as is circumsision.
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

There are so many bible-thumpers around here, god here, bla-bla there, if your god is so wise, why wasnt he smart enough that your cock would appear "perfect" as it is and you didnt have the feeling you'd have to fuck around with his creation!?

Guess what, he got it right the first time around, you're just a bunch of bigots..

Hahahaha, if I weren't a site administrator that may find it's way into my sig line.

For what it's worth, I am circumcised- but since I don't plan on having kids it's a non-issue for me. I've had no problems with my penis (apart from it controlling my brain on the odd occasion), so I couldn't care less.

It's no different than piercing a child's ears though.

By the way, I want my embelical chord back!

There are so many bible-thumpers around here, god here, bla-bla there, if your god is so wise, why wasnt he smart enough that your cock would appear "perfect" as it is and you didnt have the feeling you'd have to fuck around with his creation!?

Guess what, he got it right the first time around, you're just a bunch of bigots..

Hahahaha, if I weren't a site administrator that may find it's way into my sig line.

For what it's worth, I am circumcised- but since I don't plan on having kids it's a non-issue for me. I've had no problems with my penis (apart from it controlling my brain on the odd occasion), so I couldn't care less.

It's no different than piercing a child's ears though.

By the way, I want my embelical chord back!

well, i've never heard a kid asking "mommy, can we get myself circumsised, i think my cock is ugly the way it is!". the wish for ear-rings on the opposite, may come up rather early tough.. ;)

edited to add: from my side, please feel free to use that sig-line! :D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

obviously you havent read any of the articles i linked, so any further discussion on the topic with you is unnecessary for me. as is circumsision.

Actually, I did. Maybe you should quit spending so much time making assumptions and more time actually reading.

Here's some info on balanitis (linked to phimosis in your first quoted article):

"Causes and Risk Factors of Balanitis
In almost every instance balanitis results from the presence of a foreskin, which may be redundant and phimotic, thereby predisposing to infections. "

And here's some non-wiki info:

"Phimosis in older children and adults can vary in severity, with some men able to retract their foreskin partially ("relative phimosis"), and some completely unable to retract their foreskin even in the flaccid state ("full phimosis").[4]

Because of the "elasticity" of the diagnostic criteria, there has been considerable variation in the reported prevalence of pathologic phimosis. An incidence rate of 1% to 2% of the uncircumcised adult male population is often cited, though some studies of older children or adolescents have reported higher rates.2 (http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic423.htm) Relative phimosis is more common, with estimates of its frequency at approximately 8% of uncircumcised men 7 (http://www.male-initiation.net/statistics.html#start).

When phimosis develops in an uncircumcised adult who was previously able to retract his foreskin, it is nearly always due to a pathologic cause, and is far more likely to cause problems for the man."

Have fun with that 8% rate - we'll stick with the less than 1% of circumcision issues.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

worldwide, one in four men is cirumsised; relative to that statistic, every 3rd out of 4 men should have excruciating pain and other problems. i dont think that's the case. :D

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

worldwide, one in four men is cirumsised; relative to that statistic, every 3rd out of 4 men should have excruciating pain and other problems. i dont think that's the case. :D

Um, no.

That works out to 6% of the total male population, given your 25/75 ratio.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I am reminded of a declaration by Sherm "Hawkeye" Hawkins on the pea gravel one morning, c.1970. "All you men with foreskin put up three. All you men with none, draw one."
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.