freethefly

Did you vote?

It's unfortunate that third parties are almost never truly competitive in the US, but that is the reality. But unless one has oneself convinced that casting a vote for a particular third party will, in the long run, help that party become truly viable - a pipe dream in the US, IMO - then I personally think that the most sensible thing to do is not to waste a vote (or refrain from voting), but to vote for whomever comes closest to one's general philosophy.

I would like the Libertarian party to become viable. I am not holding my breath but that is part of the reason I vote for them.

I also can't stand either of the mainstream choices. Tax and spend liberals and borrow and spend conservatives who want to impose moral code upon others. Blah, you can keep them.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Yes, I voted. In fact, since they don't ask for ID

Ever sense i could vote, That still blows my mind.
I always take my ID thinking "off course they would check ID, why wopuldn;t they it only makes sense"

But i guess thats another thread.

Yes i Voted.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Yes, I voted. In fact, since they don't ask for ID

Ever sense i could vote, That still blows my mind.
I always take my ID thinking "off course they would check ID, why wopuldn;t they it only makes sense"

But i guess thats another thread.

Yes i Voted.

Not sure about other States, but here in Missouri you do need to show proof of residence for the district you are voting in with either a drivers license, utility bill, registration card...
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

I'm so over all the idiotic fighting, that my ballot had one vote on it, yes on prop 19. It's the only thing i truly cared about this time around.

seems the morality police got out the vote at the last minute again, unfortunately.

My mind is, however, blown away by the fact that John Boehner will be Speaker of the House. My parents and I predicted it 18 years ago when he was my congressman nominating me for the Air Force Academy. And here it is. Too bad he's a sleazeball. Definitely the type i expect to get discovered with a hooker in a hotel somewhere, or having an affair with a staffer, or taking bribes on the side.

I'm grateful, but i'd still never vote for the guy...
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!