dreamdancer

Arab guilty of rape after consensual sex with Jew

Not thinking it was a f**k'd up ruling and agreeing with it are two different things as well.

either you agree with the ruling or you don't :)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Not thinking it was a f**k'd up ruling and agreeing with it are two different things as well.

I don't agree with you, but I'm not currently of the opinion that you're fu**ed up, either.
Are you really that determined to change my mind?:P

I don't agree with you, but I'm not currently of the opinion that you're fu**ed up, either.
Are you really that determined to change my mind?:P

just trying to lever you off that fence so that we know whether you agree with the ruling or not :)

I wonder if I can get some of my ex-girlfriends arrested for rape too, for lying about their age.. :S

The desk sergent asked the lady, "If it happened 2 weeks ago, why are you just now reporting the rape?"
"I didn't know it was rape until the check bounced." :)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

>the point being it was a f***d up decision - and you agree with it!

Well, no, it was more a fucked up admission of guilt.

Do you support this guy?

no, it was an attempt to avoid this...

Kashur was originally accused of violent rape and indecent assault, but later accepted the lesser charge under a plea-bargain after prosecutors received evidence suggesting the encounter was consensual.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/7901025/Palestinian-jailed-for-rape-after-claiming-to-be-Jewish.html

Wow, DSE, I am shocked that you would say this was not a f**ked up ruling. I guess you were okay w/ U.S. antimiscegenation laws, since, you know, it was prohibited by the culture and many religious authorities said it was wrong. After all, what would happen if they had children?

You ENTIRELY missed the point.
Culture and religion aren't necessarily the same thing.

I think I did miss the point. can you please elaborate?
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Wow, DSE, I am shocked that you would say this was not a f**ked up ruling. I guess you were okay w/ U.S. antimiscegenation laws, since, you know, it was prohibited by the culture and many religious authorities said it was wrong. After all, what would happen if they had children?

You ENTIRELY missed the point.
Culture and religion aren't necessarily the same thing.

I think I did miss the point. can you please elaborate?

I can, but I think you'd once again bend the discussion to suit your whims and I'm not going to convince you of anything anyway. I gave up arguing with rocks long ago.:P

skim this over... http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/country,,IRBC,,ISR,,42df61143e,0.html in context, that court ruling seems obvious
I wonder what a christian would get for dressing like a sheik and smooth talking an arab women into sex
Stoning to death?

The real controversy is if the same would apply to an arab. and it probably wouldn't. but that's hypothetical. and this is practical. and practically speaking, it seems like the right ruling/plea. so the hypothetical shouldnt matter.

If your point is that the ruling is internally consistent, well, I guess you are right. I still have a very, very difficult time calling anything that happened here rape. It seems you are arguing that they already have antimiscegenation laws and this plea is a natural outgrowth of that.

I still cannot condone that. You are not going to be able to keep people from having sex. It would be more honest to just make sex between different religions illegal. I cannot call this rape in any way shape or form.

Also, the woman first claimed she had been violently raped. Seems obvious to me that this is a classic case of buyers remorse, which should never be the basis for a rape charge.

I wonder what a christian would get for dressing like a sheik and smooth talking an arab women into sex
Stoning to death?

First Arab is race and not a country so it would depend in what country you are talking about.

Also if in Arab world (whatever planet you are referring to in your post) if they decided and made their judgments solely on the race or religion of the person guess what they would also be racists ass holes. It doesn’t magically make it ok to cast judgment solely on someone’s race or religion.

If you were not so busy twisting shit tin your head just to make Israel look good you would see that.

She fucked a guy she wanted to fuck, claims it was not consensual then the guy has to make a plea bargain when they find out that yes she DID WANT TO FUCK HIM but her ONLY issue is that he is not Jewish.

Its not hard to see wha6 the motivation was unless you close you eyes with your fingers in your ears screaming BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Talk about speaking to rocks
:P

the hypothetical shouldnt matter

Don’t need the hypothetical because the truth explains every thing. Her only motivation to file charges is that he is not Jewish and he lied that he was.
So in this case not being Jewish is the crime there was no rape.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

Stoning to death?

First Arab is race and not a country so it would depend in what country you are talking about.

It's fairly safe to say that the majority of Arabs live in countries governed by Muslim law. Sure, different countries have different laws. It's not about making Israel look good.
IMO, the greater twist exists when you attempt to say that a Christian could dress up like a sheik and coerce an Arab woman into sex. Or dress as an imam and convince a girl to have sex.
And then not be condemned to death for having done so in the greater world of Islam.
Makes me doubt you've spent much time in the Middle East, or if you just have a hatred for Israel for whatever reason.
Having spent a great deal of time in the Middle East, and having no Israeli ties myself...I have a tremendous respect for Israel. And zero respect for the majority of fundamental Islam.
And I'm not even Christian.:P

It's fairly safe to say that the majority of Arabs live in countries governed by Muslim law. Sure, different countries have different laws. It's not about making Israel look good.

And you would be surprised at how much laws vary from country to country, and what the definition of the same religion mean to different people.

the greater twist exists when you attempt to say that a Christian could dress up like a sheik and coerce an Arab woman into sex.

In the Muslim world (and almost all other religions) promiscuous sex is looked down on period, and again there can be no blanket statement as each country and culture deals with things differently and it is very stupid to think they are all the same.

Having spent a great deal of time in the Middle East, and having no Israeli ties myself...I have a tremendous respect for Israel. And zero respect for the majority of fundamental Islam.

And thats obvios in your post because you simply as stated are twsing things in your head to make Isreail look good no matter what.

Whats the guys crime?
Because consensual sex and rape are the opposites. So whats his crime not beiung Jewish? Lieing about being Jewish?

Next they’re going to have all the Arabs put crescent moons on their cloths so they can be identified.

The saddest part is some of you would bend over backwords to make that seem ok too.

Also bringing up Muslim countries that have horrific rules is the lamest excuse.
Your basically saying they do wrong so its ok when we do wrong at the same time claiming when you do it its not wrong.

WTF man how flexible is your moral backbone?
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

And thats obvios in your post because you simply as stated are twsing things in your head to make Isreail look good no matter what.

You could be right, if one comes from the perspective that everything you say about Israel is bad.

How much time have _you_ spent in the Middle East as a working, observing, social person? My viewpoint is based on personal, intimate knowledge working in both primary cultures dominated by different religions (Islam and Judaism).

You could be right, if one comes from the perspective that everything you say about Israel is bad.

How much time have _you_ spent in the Middle East as a working, observing, social person? My viewpoint is based on personal, intimate knowledge working in both primary cultures dominated by different religions (Islam and Judaism).

this was about sex and the lies that men and women will tell - nothing to do with religion :)

this was about sex and the lies that men and women will tell - nothing to do with religion :)

Really? So if I offer a muslim co-worker a chicken sandwich and knowingly lace it with pork, you're saying that has nothing to do with religion?

But yeah, dude was wrong, but the punishment does not fit the act. As for the girl, she's a dirty smut, IMO.

Where was her religious hat when she was bangin' his, whom she just met, brains out in some alley or building?

Really? So if I offer a muslim co-worker a chicken sandwich and knowingly lace it with pork, you're saying that has nothing to do with religion?

no, that's food - not religion :)

Because consensual sex and rape are the opposites. So whats his crime not beiung Jewish? Lieing about being Jewish?

His "crime" was lying about being Jewish and single while he was not Jewish and married.
don't twist it to sound as if inter-religion sex is outlawed in Israel.

and, there was no ruling here, it was a plea bargain but again, I don't think it is a criminal issue.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

His "crime" was lying about being Jewish and single while he was not Jewish and married.
don't twist it to sound as if inter-religion sex is outlawed in Israel.

and, there was no ruling here, it was a plea bargain but again, I don't think it is a criminal issue.

Do you believe this case would have had a similar result if the man was Jewish (and married) and the woman was a Palestinian woman?

One of the appalling things to me is that this woman first accused him of violent rape. With that poor credibility she may well have already known he was Arab and married.

Do you believe this case would have had a similar result if the man was Jewish (and married) and the woman was a Palestinian woman?

I don't know.
I can only imagine the outrage in the Arab world though, if an Arab girl would have been deceived like that.

in either case it should not be a criminal issue.
and again, he pleaded guilty to "rape by deception"
He didn't plea guilty to being an Arab and sleeping with a Jew, which is not a crime in any way or form.

One of the appalling things to me is that this woman first accused him of violent rape. With that poor credibility she may well have already known he was Arab and married.

When a girl accuses someone of a rape, that's what they go for.
In my opinion, if a girl files a false complaint, she should serve the same jail time the man would have.

I have no idea why he pleaded guilty, but he did.
Now that he got jail time, he will appeal, and I hope this all mess will be thrown out of court.
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."