turtlespeed

Obama Disrespects Again . . .

He hasn't done it.

THAT is no surprise whatsoever - there are A LOT of things he said he would do and hasn't.

Well, he hasn't NOT gone to Arlington next Monday, either but you found that to be disrespectful.

You could try a little intellectual honesty here.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Come on Turtle, YOU started the thread. You can answer a simple question.

How is Obama showing disrespect by laying a wreath at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery on Monday?

You've been posting in this forum since I first asked; we know you're there.

Show some intellectual honesty - you CAN do it if you try hard.

He hasn't done it.

THAT is no surprise whatsoever - there are A LOT of things he said he would do and hasn't.

Yes. How dare President Obama not develop a time machine and use it to simultaneously travel to Arlington Cemetary on all present, past, and future Memorial Days and Veterans Days to lay wreaths there.

Thumb your nose at the men and women that kept freedom in this country and insured you your opportunity to even hold the position you hold, Mr. President.

Way to show how little you think of the sacrifices that were made to protect our country.

So how exactly does the war in Iraq keep America safe and free?

Because we're like Domino's; we deliver. They don't have to come here to kill Americans and the RW has military troops as non-people.

How is Obama showing disrespect by laying a wreath at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery on Monday?

Because it is not the tomb of the unknown soldier.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Hey, how about leaving the political bullshit out of it and just let the day be what it is. To use Memorial Day for your own personal political agenda is an insult to all that have fallen in your behalf. You or nobody else but a president knows what emotional weight he has to shoulder every day 24/7 with regards to troops in harms way and to begrudge a president, any president, a single day of respite from it is pretty small on your part, shame on you sir.

i served four years in the military and lost a couple of friends in the process who, in the last moments of their lives, were neither liberal, conservative, Republican or Democrat but just a couple of real scared kids who didn't want to die so if this president or any president, wants to take Memorial Day off then I'm down with that. Take a fucking pill and chill out, you just might live longer.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

Hey, how about leaving the political bullshit out of it and just let the day be what it is. To use Memorial Day for your own personal political agenda is an insult to all that have fallen in your behalf. You or nobody else but a president knows what emotional weight he has to shoulder every day 24/7 with regards to troops in harms way and to begrudge a president, any president, a single day of respite from it is pretty small on your part, shame on you sir.

i served four years in the military and lost a couple of friends in the process who, in the last moments of their lives, were neither liberal, conservative, Republican or Democrat but just a couple of real scared kids who didn't want to die so if this president or any president, wants to take Memorial Day off then I'm down with that. Take a fucking pill and chill out, you just might live longer.

Nope.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Because it is not the tomb of the unknown soldier.

Oh, what a wonderful reason - I bet you had to think long and hard before you came up with that. All over the USA on Monday mayors, governors, state senators etc, will be laying wreaths on memorials that are not tombs of unknown warriors. So now they're all being disrespectful according to you.

Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery has a memorial walk that commemorates soldiers of 20th century wars on 11 memorials.

An 18-foot granite obelisk crowned by a bronze eagle with outstretched wings commemorates the 2,403 Americans who died in the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941. It was donated by the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association and dedicated May 12, 2001.

The Blue Star Memorial Marker was donated by the District VIII Garden Club of Illinois and dedicated on September 15, 2000. The marker is a tribute to American men and women who have served, are serving, or will serve their country. Its symbolism dates to World War II when families of servicemen and women displayed a square flag decorated with a blue star in their windows to signify that a loved one was in the armed forces.

Now explain again how laying a wreath there is disrespectful, and try to avoid giving a silly answer this time.

Now explain again how laying a wreath there is disrespectful, and try to avoid giving a silly answer this time.

Bait - switch - . . . nope won't play your silly little game. I gave a perfectly viable answer to your question. I am sorry you didn't like it - don't ask next time if you just want to find something to try to down and bash people about.

Why DOES someone ask for an opinion, and then disagree with it?

Bait - switch - . . . nope won't play your silly little game. I gave a perfectly viable answer to your question. I am sorry you didn't like it - don't ask next time if you just want to find something to try to down and bash people about.

No, you gave a really stupid reason. All over the USA on Monday mayors, governors, state senators etc, will be laying wreaths on memorials that are not tombs of unknown warriors. So now they're all being disrespectful according to you.

No, you gave a really stupid reason. All over the USA on Monday mayors, governors, state senators etc, will be laying wreaths on memorials that are not tombs of unknown warriors. So now they're all being disrespectful according to you.

Typical Brit . . .

. . . Thinks the world is all about them . . .

I would think it to be very disrespectful to the fallen US soldiers to spend the US holiday "Memorial Day" in England, paying respects to a British soldier killed on European soil.

I am sure that there is a time and an occaision fo that, but not on the US Memorial day.

The same goes for the Arc de Triomphe in France. There is a time and occaision to pay respects there as well, but not on the day that we are paying repect to our fallen.

No, you gave a really stupid reason. All over the USA on Monday mayors, governors, state senators etc, will be laying wreaths on memorials that are not tombs of unknown warriors.

Since we're on 'stupid' - Mayors, governors, state legislators etc don't represent the United States as a whole.

So now they're all being disrespectful according to you.

Lame.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

This whole thread is a stretch, at best.

I mean, seriously, can't you all put aside your petty differences for just one day?

Lets rather spend the energy remembering those who've served us so well.

Ian

No problem - But that day isn't until Monday.:)
Unless I missed a memo and Obama Change happened again.

No, you gave a really stupid reason. All over the USA on Monday mayors, governors, state senators etc, will be laying wreaths on memorials that are not tombs of unknown warriors.

Since we're on 'stupid' - Mayors, governors, state legislators etc don't represent the United States as a whole.

So now they're all being disrespectful according to you.

Lame.

Are you agreeing with Turtle that it is disrespectful for a President to lay a wreath at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery on Memorial Day?

Your wriggling gets sillier and sillier. Obama isn't going to Westminster Abbey or the Arc de Triomphe, he's going to the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Illinois, USA.

Maybe you remember that Abraham Lincoln was a president of the USA.

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/05/28/obama-memorial-day-wreath-laying-need-not-be-at-arlington-cemete/

Obama Memorial Day Wreath-Laying Need Not be at Arlington Cemetery
Any notion that this cemetery is somehow more sacred than the others is not only absurd; it is on its face ahistorical. The idea that a president is required to lay a wreath there on Memorial Day also has no valid traditional basis. As recently as 1993, a U.S. president left office without having done so once. His name is George H.W. Bush, and his patriotism and his bravery in wartime are beyond question.

we can grieve for the families of those who were lost, even while appreciating that we live in a country where so many of our citizens raise their hands in wartime and say, "I'm going in." Wherever they are buried is consecrated ground, whether it's one of the 133 national cemeteries or a private resting place known mainly to the family and friends of the fallen. It's their presence that consecrates the ground.

The hallowed ground in Elwood, Ill., serves as a reminder of that truth. It was designated as a national cemetery in 1999, but even before that, it was a burial ground for some of Illinois' best and bravest sons. In Section One, grave number 1613, lie the remains of 1st Sgt. Theodore Hyatt of the 127th Illinois Infantry, who died in May 1863 at the Battle of Vicksburg, and for his gallantry as a member of a "volunteer storming party" was awarded the Medal of Honor.

Michael Pearson is buried in Elwood, too. He was an Army private known in his suburban Chicago hometown for his musical talent. He played piano, was a virtuoso at guitar improvisation, wrote songs, revered Jimi Hendrix, and hoped to someday be a music teacher. Instead, he was killed in last November's massacre at Fort Hood before ever leaving for Afghanistan. He was 21 years old.

Albert D. Ware, a 27-year-old infantryman did make it to Afghanistan -- twice, in fact -- but he didn't make it back home. He joined the service after 9/11 to do his part. His father, Thomas, recalls being afraid for his only son, but proud of him. Last December, Albert's mother, Anna, answered a knock at the door to find uniformed officers bearing the worst news a mother can hear. Her son, who died in combat when his Humvee was blown up, also left behind a wife and three children. Albert Ware is also buried at Elwood, the place his commander-in-chief is to visit Monday.

Yeah - THAT's an unbiased media source . . .:S

And you are not biased at all, of course.

Of course not - I am a centrist.

And you are not biased at all, of course.

Of course not - I am a centrist.

Yep, and I'm a conservative Republican.