turtlespeed

Why is it considered wrong . . .

. . . to agree with enforcing laws regarding ILLEGAL immigrants?

Because that makes you a ******* ****** *** *******!! :o

What's sad is that if the government secured the borders as mandated, we wouldn't be having this discussion or argument.

The reality is that about a third of illegal immigrants are not from Mexico. We really need to open up the discussion a bit. Out of 12-15M, that's a not-so-small 4-5 million that are from...*insert country name here*...

The fact that the hispanic population is nervous is indicative of acknowledging the problem while being perfectly willing to sit back and let it happen.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

The reality is that about a third of illegal immigrants are not from Mexico. We really need to open up the discussion a bit. Out of 12-15M, that's a not-so-small 4-5 million that are from...*insert country name here*...

Fine - go after the other 4- 5 mil. See what your Chinese food starts tasting like.

The fact that the hispanicgun-owning population is nervous is indicative of acknowledging the problem while being perfectly willing to sit back and let it happen.

Does this shed a different light on the discussion?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

. . . to agree with enforcing laws regarding ILLEGAL immigrants start a new fucking thread instead of tacking it on to the 12 existing ones on this subject?

fixie.

Why can't you answer the question?

Why is it considered wrong?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

. . . to agree with enforcing laws regarding ILLEGAL immigrants start a new fucking thread instead of tacking it on to the 12 existing ones on this subject?

fixie.

Why can't you answer the question?

Why is it considered wrong?

I can't help being a smart-ass.
Anyhow, I agree with Dave in post #4

The fact that the [so]hispanic[/so]gun-owning population is nervous is indicative of acknowledging the problem while being perfectly willing to sit back and let it happen.

Blues,
Dave

I don't know, but I think you and I could agree that your statement is not universal. The flames being fanned, such as, "Getting detained while on your way to get an ice-cream..."...certainly do not help the situation in terms of civil unrest.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Fine - go after the other 4- 5 mil. See what your Chinese food starts tasting like.

Who ever said that enforcing immigration laws were to be limited to one ethnicity?

Fine. See how many degenerate Canadians you'll get to pack illegally for you $2 a pop and some cheese fries.

. . . to agree with enforcing laws regarding ILLEGAL immigrants?

It's not, so long as you don't impede on the rights of those here legally.

Blues,
Dave

From what I see in the media and some of the reactions I have seen personally, it is considered wrong to enforce the laws concerning illegal immigration. WHy is that?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

The fact that the hispanicgun-owning population is nervous is indicative of acknowledging the problem while being perfectly willing to sit back and let it happen.

Blues,
Dave

I don't know, but I think you and I could agree that your statement is not universal. The flames being fanned, such as, "Getting detained while on your way to get an ice-cream..."...certainly do not help the situation in terms of civil unrest.

Legal gun-owners want current gun control laws enforced without our own rights being infringed, and take offense when people say we should tolerate some inconvenience for the greater good. As a legal gun-owner, I empathize with those legal immigrants who want their rights similarly uninfringed. On either subject, I have little respect for those who consider the legal rights of others as expendable or less important than their own.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I wonder why, on average, a person's view on immigration is directly related to how one's life is impacted by illegal immigration?

http://people-press.org/report/274/americas-immigration-quandary

Seriously - you don't understand it?

Before I went back to school for nursing, I was in the office furniture business.( building office cubicles) When I started in 1990 the entry level pay was on average 13-14 dollars per hour. When I left in 2000, the average starting wage was 9-10 an hour. with the majority of workers now being illegal. This is true with many of the blue collar jobs in California.

So they were able to cut costs by hiring illegal workers. Who do you think should be gone after -- the single dealer or the many people who buy from the dealer?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

So they were able to cut costs by hiring illegal workers. Who do you think should be gone after -- the single dealer or the many people who buy from the dealer?

Wendy P.

Both . . . I consider it the same as stolen goods.

Someone has to receive the benefit, someone has to create the benefit.

Wendy P.

The end user of the product had no idea who was putting in the furniture. The installation companies that installed the furniture knew for sure and they should be penalized.

Wendy P.

The end user of the product had no idea who was putting in the furniture. The installation companies that installed the furniture knew for sure and they should be penalized.

AT least penalized financially. Preferably, also penalized criminally.

Wendy P.

AT least penalized financially. Preferably, also penalized criminally.

Either way it's still the feds doing a piss-poor job of enforcement.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne