FlyingJ

Obama calling Olympic winners?

I have numerous Facebook friends all up in arms about the report that President Obama called the African American speed skater Shani Davis following his win but hasn't called anyone else. Anyone know if he's made a practice of calling all of the medal winners as I believe some other presidents have? I really don't care one way or another, but it made me curious and I didn't see anything about it on the web.
Killing threads since 2004.

I didn't see anything about it on the web.

Well, look a little closer:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&newwindow=1&as_q=obama+olympic+shani+davis&as_epq=&as_oq=phone+telephone&as_eq=&num=100&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=off

Apparently, Obama called him in 2006 - 2 years before he was elected president - to encourage him to stick with it in the face of some challenges.

Not surprising, however, that this would get twisted in the blogosphere.

I have numerous Facebook friends all up in arms about the report that President Obama called the African American speed skater Shani Davis following his win but hasn't called anyone else. Anyone know if he's made a practice of calling all of the medal winners as I believe some other presidents have? I really don't care one way or another, but it made me curious and I didn't see anything about it on the web.

It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand :S

Yes, Obama is for the bruthas and da sistas :S

Oh wait, one more idiotic assertion before I close: Obama was only elected because of the black turnout in Nov 08 :S

Oh wait, one more idiotic assertion before I close: Obama was only elected because of the black turnout in Nov 08 :S

it would be foolish to think that it didn't play a part in his win. Impossible to really say how large, but I'm sure the next 14 pages of posts will try to prove that and argue about one way or another.
--
Rob