Andy_Copland

Hear the rumble of Christian hypocrisy

My favourite paragraph is the closing

Educated apologist, how dare you weep Christian tears, when your entire theology is one long celebration of suffering: suffering as payback for “sin” — or suffering as “atonement” for it? You may weep for Haiti where Pat Robertson does not, but at least, in his hick, sub-Palinesque ignorance, he holds up an honest mirror to the ugliness of Christian theology. You are nothing but a whited sepulchre.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article7007065.ece

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

Shhh. It's all about love.

No, its about regeneration of the mind and spirit. Love is the natural joyous response once a person has been healed and restored.

Restored and healed from what?!

More people have been killed in the name of God throughout history than any other.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

More people have been killed in the name of God throughout history than any other.

From the depravity we have created within ourselves.

People have always avoided personally responsibility and justified their evil acts by projecting their guilt. God is often blamed for their evil. Even so, their sin remains. God remains perfect in who He is, unaffected by the failings of man. But He does offer mankind a means of escape from his futility.

From the depravity we have created within ourselves.

People have always avoided personally responsibility and justified their evil acts by projecting their guilt. God is often blamed for their evil. Even so, their sin remains. God remains perfect in who He is, unaffected by the failings of man. But He does offer mankind a means of escape from his futility.

We need a puke icon.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Educated apologist, how dare you weep Christian tears, when your entire theology is one long celebration of suffering: suffering as payback for “sin” — or suffering as “atonement” for it? You may weep for Haiti where Pat Robertson does not, but at least, in his hick, sub-Palinesque ignorance, he holds up an honest mirror to the ugliness of Christian theology. You are nothing but a whited sepulchre.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article7007065.ece

We tore this topic up when it was current. Bottom line, Pat Robertson is a TV entertainment personality. As such, his job is to get viewers and there no such thing as bad publicity.

We I produced and hosted my TV show on public access I used outrage and absurdity as well, it works.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

We tore this topic up when it was current. Bottom line, Pat Robertson is a TV entertainment personality. As such, his job is to get viewers and there no such thing as bad publicity.

We I produced and hosted my TV show on public access I used outrage and absurdity as well, it works.

Pat Robertson is a self proclaimed Christian with considerable political influence in the GOP and who has millions of followers who are also self-proclaimed Christians.

Your tactic, as always, is to attempt to disown Christians who make your religion look bad, as if you have the only true key to Christianity.

Sorry, that just doesn't work.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Pat Robertson is a self proclaimed Christian with considerable political influence in the GOP and who has millions of followers who are also self-proclaimed Christians.

Your tactic, as always, is to attempt to disown Christians who make your religion look bad, as if you have the only true key to Christianity.

Sorry, that just doesn't work.

You are incorrect in your thinking, sir. I like Pat Robertson and I think he is entertaining. I haven't watched him probably 25 years or more. I simply want to caution the uninformed not to place more importance on him than is due.

As far as the GOP is concerned, I doubt he has much influence anymore. His day came and went.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.