JohnRich

Ban military-style semi-auto firearms?

Hi Mike,
AR- e we having fun yet??:ph34r::D;) Just got ta' thinkin, this thd cites a proposal by some Wash. state politicos (hoplophobes) who as the wording states are wanting to ban a bunch of guns,"Military style semi-auto firearms(weapons)" ,in Wash state anyway. (never mind Chi-town everything is banned there!!) Noone has mentioned pistols yet?? There's a whole buncha' semi-auto, more than 10 round pistols out there!! They're not only "Military style" they're "Tactical firearms!!" Never mind the "Black" ones, I like the Desert Camo finish!! "sweet!" 1911's by Kimber, Tarus, Springfield, you name it! Don't forget all the "Polymer poppers!!" 14-15-16 rounds in your grubby fist!! Never mind the ban, getem' while the gettin's good!! Next Gun Sho in FAY at the Crown is 6-7 FEB!! I love livin' here in South east NC, it's huntin' season right now and 'bout every pick up is sportin dog cages, CB ant. and BIG GUNS! visible on their Rifle raks in the windows!!! Everybody wearin' camo and orange ball caps!! Even if they're not hunters!! 30-06, 30-30, 308, 303, 00buckshot, u-nameit!! Wal-Mart's gettin re-stocked, even .22 cal ain't disappearin as fast as it was!! Want a long gun, any style class or variety?? From sayin "I want that one!" to walkin out the door with it,..15 minutes!! "Fergetit' JK, Dis' ain't Chi-town by a long shot!!"

SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I need to pick up a good hunting rifle, one of these days...as for the pistols, while I lurvesssss me some 1911, the newest Glocks are a lot more ergonomic than they used to be and are actually halfway pleasant to shoot, now that they don't feel like holding a 2 x 4 with a gun barrel on it.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I need to pick up a good hunting rifle, one of these days...as for the pistols, while I lurvesssss me some 1911, the newest Glocks are a lot more ergonomic than they used to be and are actually halfway pleasant to shoot, now that they don't feel like holding a 2 x 4 with a gun barrel on it.[/rep
Hi Mike,
I remember when people would rag on Glocks calling them "Blocks" and Glock picked up on the scuttlebutt and improved their lot!! At the Fayetteville Gun Show there's one dealer that may as well be called "Glocks-a-million!!" Too much fun! I wonder if those Wash. St. hoplophobes have Glocks on their list??

SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I bought an AR this year, not because it was "scary looking", but because it was fun to shoot

Sorry, that is just not possible.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I'd consider them pretty good militia weapons.

Would that be the same as a "well regulated militia?"

Hi hutch,
Funny thing about words. Take "well regulated," for example. How about a,"Well un-regulated" militia or let's get with it and think about this. If Robert E Lee didn't surrender his sword and just told all the troops to scatter, we's still have the Civil War goin on in the bushes with a bunch of "Irregulars" still out there fightin!!! If anyone thinks the Civil War is over think twice!! Just drive around the south (and I've even noticed in the northern parts like Ohio) Confederate Stars and Bars Flyin' on flag poles in front of peoples' houses, on back windows of cars and pickup trucks and flag plates on front bumpers (I sport one on my Chevy Silverado 1500) so there!!.....NOW!, Our old bud JK says,"I'd consider them pretty good militia weapons." Hell boy!!! If you're a militia, you'll take anything you can wrap your grubby fist around and use it as a weapon!!!!!" Like I said up the ladder, a baseball bat can be a darned good assault weapon!! Now besides JK, I'll probably have the makers of the "Louisville Slugger" after me for having the DHLS after 'em for maken' "Assault weapons!!" because someone spied this website and reported us!! We've already beat this thread to hell but if I have a bottom line for all this, ya' gotta' remember one thing,"Assault is a behavior, not a device!!" Hell, an AR- whatever in the hands of Tiger Woods could be a great Golf Ball Wacker!! It's all in how ya' play the game!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

BTW still waiting:

Care to explain to the group how many crimes have been committed with a bayonet?

Care to explain to the group how a flash suppressor on a semi auto makes any difference?

Care to explain to the group why a grenade launcher ban seemed to make sense when Grenades are HIGHLY regulated and care to tell the class how many crimes were committed with GRENADES?

Maybe you could explain how the DOJ said that even before the ban only 3-4% of crimes were committed with the types of weapons banned meant that they should be banned?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334