SpeedRacer

Bush administration pussied out on getting Osama bin Laden.

I know a few guys that were there when this was going down. That story is leaving out quite a bit of details, but it's not the first time this has been brought up, and there's little value in bringing that up again, other than to prime everyone for what I hope is an announcement by President Obama to commit more forces and get the job done.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I know a few guys that were there when this was going down. That story is leaving out quite a bit of details, but it's not the first time this has been brought up, and there's little value in bringing that up again, other than to prime everyone for what I hope is an announcement by President Obama to commit more forces and get the job done.

Other than having the satisfaction of finding the son of a bitch and peeling his skin off an inch at a time, I sometimes wonder if we are not better off to not have killed him. If we had, he would be a martyr, even more popular in developing Islamic nations than he was after 9/11. Instead he has spent the time since hunkered down in a miserable cave somewhere, always looking over his shoulder. We wiped the floor with Al Qaeda everwhere they met us in battle, (at great cost I know) He has been marginalized greatly. With him alive or dead, Al Qaeda will remain a dangerous organization. I don't know if he makes a difference in that at all. But from what I understand, he is far less revered now because of how things worked out. Maybe it is better than a martyr.
Tom B

GWB and hos croonies should be hung by thier scrotum, and all pwople that supported him should have excruciating pain inflicted onthem as a reminder of what they inadvertantly have done to millions of others.

On the bright side, america has lost its stong hold on the earth and will soon have to act like the poor bums that they actually are(trillions in debt).

The new american century 'plan' will not happen, and the right wing cunts that are responable for this whole mess will soon be held to trial.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Other than having the satisfaction of finding the son of a bitch and peeling his skin off an inch at a time, I sometimes wonder if we are not better off to not have killed him. If we had, he would be a martyr, even more popular in developing Islamic nations than he was after 9/11. Instead he has spent the time since hunkered down in a miserable cave somewhere, always looking over his shoulder. We wiped the floor with Al Qaeda everwhere they met us in battle, (at great cost I know) He has been marginalized greatly. With him alive or dead, Al Qaeda will remain a dangerous organization. I don't know if he makes a difference in that at all. But from what I understand, he is far less revered now because of how things worked out. Maybe it is better than a martyr.

Yep, if he's even still alive. Besides, his admin and resources are so distributed that you will never stop all, so just try to make yourself less of a target and guard your homeland. Just think of the homeland port/coast/border security we could have with > $1 T.

GWB and hos croonies should be hung by thier scrotum, and all pwople that supported him should have excruciating pain inflicted onthem as a reminder of what they inadvertantly have done to millions of others.

On the bright side, america has lost its stong hold on the earth and will soon have to act like the poor bums that they actually are(trillions in debt).

The new american century 'plan' will not happen, and the right wing cunts that are responable for this whole mess will soon be held to trial.

I agree with all but the last part; they will flee with their money and laugh as they do so, this should create a political shift that is permanent.

Says the guy who came HERE for work. How much of your pay is going into the tax pool to help fix things again?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Says the guy who came HERE for work. How much of your pay is going into the tax pool to help fix things again?

I did not work for money. I was compensated with plastic tags.

I traded plastic tags for jump tickets, food, drink, and money.

I arrived in the USA with +$20k and left with nothing.

We purchased, 4 brand new containers from an american manufacturer, and spent a time in the wind tunnel and gained licences and ratings, purchased equipment and jump tickets at various dropzones, we also donated $2500 of our own money to the JFTC charity (Leigh only raised $1000 from other people, $3500 to participate).

As self employed contrctors we essentially ran at a loss and therefore did not make any taxable income.

You could say america benifited finacially from us being there, we spent well over $40,000 while being there.

If you converted the labour I did to its finacial equivelent, I would have earned less than 1/3 of what I earn at my current job.

I was already working here before going to america.

We were there so my wife could smash out as many tandems as possible, she did almost 600 in 4 months, I did as many camera and fun jumps, to keep my sport parachute numbers higher than my tandem parachute numbers.

We now earn a combined income of AU$160k (US$145K) now, which is considerably higher than what we would earn in our positions in america.

We benifited finacially from being in america, but not with american dollars we took home, but increased income upon returning home.

You insinuate that I was there to rip off your country?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

yes, and they pussied out on getting Sadam as well and Clinton pussied out on getting Osama, and EVERYONE pussied out with Hitler, and we are pussying out on North Korea, and everyone is a fucking pussy.

I cannot stand these 'we shoulda coulda oughta conversations.

a. no one can see into the future, but many people around the world THINK they can and take a lot of actions that are later regretted.

b. It's OK to be a pussy - it might actually lead to world peace.....

c. If you cannot handle b) then nukes are the only answer to ensure that the only survivors are your own kind - but even then, you would be wrong.

I agree with all but the last part; they will flee with their money and laugh as they do so, this should create a political shift that is permanent.

Are you saying you think they will get away with it all?

I don't believe so, the one thing they 'misunderestimated', was the power of the internet.
While all this 'new american century' bull shit was being schemed, you and I probably didn't even have an email address yet? I opened my first email account in 1999.

When the 'project for a new american century'was being schemed, Google was being developed...

who would have thought of the capabilities we have today to search information as individuals.

Long gone are the days of the encyclopedia in the lounge room for your information needs.

Today there are literally millions of people that want a new investigation. many countries many facets of society know thay are being lied to.

The opression is handed out to a subdued and willing audience, it will take only time to heal the wounds and let common sence prevail. The truth is already prevalent, but only to those that choose to look. it is coming to a point now where the truthers are making much more sence and are acting much more rationally than the perpertrators.

The perpertrators will go down (well at least some of them) and I will witness it happening, only the death of the suspects will stop this from happening, I truly hope the live to feel the ridicule. But regardless the truth will prevail.

certain news items and media on the subject are getting viewer numbers in the millions.

this one will not slip through.

Until then I will continue to add to these archives with information ( laboriously developed by others) on the subject, and the idiots that think this was a simple terrorist attack from Osama Bin Ladin(bush's family freind) or Khalid Shaikh Mohammed or whoever, will continue to immortilise thier nieve, disrepectful (to 9/11 victims) and selfish opinions.

For instance it has just been confirmed from the black box data apparenty found at the pentagon, that the flight deck door of the aircraft that the black box was obtained from, NEVER OPENED during the entire flight.
Thi means the controll of the aircraft could not have been assumed by a hijacker, they would physically have to open the door to get to the flight deck.

That, apparently never happened.

This information was obtained by independent via thw freedom of information act from the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).

and the data can be viewed via links in these pages;

pilots for 911 truth

Are you saying you think they will get away with it all?

I don't believe so, the one thing they 'misunderestimated', was the power of the internet.
While all this 'new american century' bull shit was being schemed, you and I probably didn't even have an email address yet? I opened my first email account in 1999.

When the 'project for a new american century'was being schemed, Google was being developed...

who would have thought of the capabilities we have today to search information as individuals.

Long gone are the days of the encyclopedia in the lounge room for your information needs.

Today there are literally millions of people that want a new investigation. many countries many facets of society know thay are being lied to.

The opression is handed out to a subdued and willing audience, it will take only time to heal the wounds and let common sence prevail. The truth is already prevalent.

Until then I will continue to fill these archives with the information ( laboriously developed by others), and the idiots that think this was a simple terrorist attack from Osama Bin Ladin(bush's family freind) or Khalid Shaikh Mohammed or whoever, will continue to immortilise thier nieve, disrepectful (to 9/11 victims) and selfish opinions.

That's all fine and good, and needed, but accountability is only for the blatant like Madoff, Schilling and others. Most make it look like a big mistake and walk away. The only accountability here is with the little people.

As self employed contrctors we essentially ran at a loss and therefore did not make any taxable income.

This is the biggest case of "justification" I've heard in a while. Your story is bull shit. You left here broke? C'mon man! ;) Those "plastic tags" obviously had monetary value of some sort as you were utilizing them just as you would a USD. How many "plastic tags" were the plane tickets home? B| Take the burden off of your soul and tell the truth for crimeinie's sake.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

This is the biggest case of "justification" I've heard in a while. Your story is bull shit. You left here broke?

Yes we did, We left here more than broke, We left in thousands of dollars in debt.

like I said we bought 4 brand new containers, did 5 hours tunnel time, purchased 150(or so) jump tickets, got a USPA tandem rating each, along with the relevant coach rating and pilots medical etc.

I did 'sell' many of my tags and spent the money9in the USA), We came with a return ticket(mandatory) and knew we would return to a good job with a great income.

I am not justifying anything, I do not need to justify, I am simply pointing out that I do not owe any tax.

We needed to get Leigh more than 500 tandems in order to get her the experience to work at our current dropzone. They have handicam, land in a public park next to the ocean, you need a display licence. They also have difficult (opposing) wind conditions and a cloud manual (jump through 8/8ths legally). So along with Leigh's participation in the womans' world record jump, and needing to smash out tandems, lodi was the perfect place for her to get that crucial experience.

We ran at a loss, if you know tax you know what that means. no profit = no tax.

We are contractors, we have a limited liability company and if we spend all of our money on skydiving, we don't pay any tax, simple!

No justification, just clarification.

We had a motive (or motives) to go there, but taking money home with us was never gonna happen.

Have you ever purchased 4 brand new vector microns with all the optons before? along with 5 hours 1 on 1 with coaching in a wind tunnel and a world record in a matter of a few months?

You don't pay that stuff off too quickly working as a skydiver in lodi let me tell you.

but you have a 'hell'a' time, and make some amazing jumps.

Anyway back to the conversation about the 'neo cunt' greedy fuckwits!!!

Anyway back to the conversation about the 'neo cunt' greedy fuckwits!!!

Let's, shall we? What I'm taking away from your self serving dribble is your a master manipulator. You came to the USA from kangaroo land to get ratings, get some tunnel time, buy some containers, make tons of sky dives, film this, film that, for free? GTF outta here with that.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Let's, shall we? What I'm taking away from your self serving dribble is your a master manipulator. You came to the USA from kangaroo land to get ratings, get some tunnel time, buy some containers, make tons of sky dives, film this, film that, for free? GTF outta here with that.

Nothing is free, it cost me tens of thousands of dallars???

It is my career, an I can do with it as i please.

It is going really well, and contrary to what many here have said and believe, it is a great career with great finacial reward, you just have to be preparec to 'tavel' to make it that way.

I travelled to Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia before going to America.

We plan on going to India, Antarcitca, South America and returning to North america as well as the other place we have visitewd in the future, what is wrong with that?

I have a company, and if I take no drawings and pay myself no wages and spend 'all' of the money on the business, I do not have to pay tax.

If you can't get you had around that, then there is no wonder you don't understand the mechanics of the Bush admins 'bull shit stories'.

Quite frankly, if the United States of America is so bad, don't come back.

Ahhh, the 'my side of the srory is, Americas side if the stroy argument'.

Don't kid yourself into believing that all Americans think they way you do.

There are hundreds of millions of people in north america and it is a continent of huge proportions.

Many people there think like I do. Are you so nieve to think that your opinion is the only opinionin America?

America is an awesome place, Australia is an awesome place, New Zealad is an awesome place, Africa and its many countries are awesome places...
None of them are without their political and social problems?

Maybe if some of you guys would travel more you would realise the merrit in the way other people live their lives.

The standard of living in Australasia is much higher than that of those in the USA.

There may be more wealthy people in the USA but those do not contribute significantly to the 'Standard'.

That is the biggest problem in America.

I will return to America but you can rest assured that I will most likely not live there for a period of more than a year.

'At this stage' I have no desire or reason to.

Nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there.

[reply I do not have to pay tax.

If you can't get you had around that, then there is no wonder you don't understand the mechanics of the Bush admins 'bull shit stories'.

Listen ,ryhs,
most Americans don't understand the Tax Code.
Not suprising considering the gargantuan size of that text.

One thing each of them may want to notice is the definitions page .
Specifically the definition of "state".

Blues,
Cliff
2muchTruth

You're as close minded as you profess Americans to be. I'd bet you think I haven't set foot outside my country.....

Two assumtions make a fact?

you truly are a 'master debator'.

I don't pretend to know about you and your life, in fact i couldn't give a shit about it.

What I do know is that a very small proportion of people in america have passports and many have no desire to see or learn anything about any thing other than american culture, to a point where they want to impose american culture on those that they have no understanding of.

This has not happened by accident.

Wait. Who is supposed to be trying to impose who's culture on whom? Do you read what you type?

ask yourself?

http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm

As the 20th century draws to a close, the United States stands as the world's preeminent power. Having led the West to victory in the Cold War, America faces an opportunity and a challenge: Does the United States have the vision to build upon the achievements of past decades? Does the United States have the resolve to shape a new century favorable to American principles and interests?

We are in danger of squandering the opportunity and failing the challenge. We are living off the capital -- both the military investments and the foreign policy achievements -- built up by past administrations. Cuts in foreign affairs and defense spending, inattention to the tools of statecraft, and inconstant leadership are making it increasingly difficult to sustain American influence around the world. And the promise of short-term commercial benefits threatens to override strategic considerations. As a consequence, we are jeopardizing the nation's ability to meet present threats and to deal with potentially greater challenges that lie ahead.

We seem to have forgotten the essential elements of the Reagan Administration's success: a military that is strong and ready to meet both present and future challenges; a foreign policy that boldly and purposefully promotes American principles abroad; and national leadership that accepts the United States' global responsibilities.

Of course, the United States must be prudent in how it exercises its power. But we cannot safely avoid the responsibilities of global leadership or the costs that are associated with its exercise. America has a vital role in maintaining peace and security in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. If we shirk our responsibilities, we invite challenges to our fundamental interests. The history of the 20th century should have taught us that it is important to shape circumstances before crises emerge, and to meet threats before they become dire. The history of this century should have taught us to embrace the cause of American leadership.

Our aim is to remind Americans of these lessons and to draw their consequences for today. Here are four consequences:

• we need to increase defense spending significantly if we are to carry out our global
responsibilities today and modernize our armed forces for the future;

• we need to strengthen our ties to democratic allies and to challenge regimes hostile to our interests and values;

• we need to promote the cause of political and economic freedom abroad;

we need to accept responsibility for America's unique role in preserving and extending an international order friendly to our security, our prosperity, and our principles.

Such a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity may not be fashionable today. But it is necessary if the United States is to build on the successes of this past century and to ensure our security and our greatness in the next.

I did not work for money. I was compensated with plastic tags.

I traded plastic tags for jump tickets, food, drink, and money.

I arrived in the USA with +$20k and left with nothing.

I don't know what he was implying, but the IRS would count those tags as bartered or inputed income. Did you pay income tax on it? At the least you should file the forms, so that they never nail you on a return visit. Unless it became considerable income, it wouldn't be taxed, but they are pesky about the forms.
Tom B