cliffwhite

I mean not really..,

like., who would really expect you to fulfill your oath?

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

Listen soldiers, I don't know if you realize how badly the Constitution was beat up since 9-11.
Maybe you might ought to look at that,.. being as you swore an oath and all.

Unless of course your word isn't worth diddly squat.

Blues ,
Cliff
2muchTruth

like., who would really expect you to fulfill your oath?

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic;

Listen soldiers, I don't know if you realize how badly the Constitution was beat up since 9-11.
Maybe you might ought to look at that,.. being as you swore an oath and all.

Unless of course your word isn't worth diddly squat.

Blues ,
Cliff

The ridiculous thing about the oath for military members is that most don't understand the slightest thing about it. Not only that, but once you're sworn in and go to basic, you have far fewer US Const rights than the people you are sworn to defend.

The whole thing is a silly formality.

*facepalm*

what's with this crusade against the military folks? did one of them piss in your wheaties?

You must be a pacifist. no...wait, you posted about protecting your home with guns and the intent to use them in another thread. Pacifism is out.

You must be in favor of reinstating the draft, right? I mean, you called the all-volunteer force "mercenaries" elsewhere, so i guess we need non-volunteers to remedy that problem. Right?

And Lucky...i can sum up what the oath means. It means "I may not agree with what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it."
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

*facepalm*

what's with this crusade against the military folks? did one of them piss in your wheaties?

Far worse,
They kill in mine and my countries name.
They kill without due dilligence .
They don't have any clue as to why they are killing these peoples.
They just blindly follow the order to kill.

Ask any of them what is their goal in Afghanistan.
What is their goal in Iraq.
What's up with Pakistan?
Somalia? Philipines?

Occupation forces don't get a lot of sympathy from most reasoning men.
I propose we bring them home but with their predilection toward mental instability we may prefer to house guantanemo suspects in our community.
Fuck it! Leave them over there!!!

Blues,
Cliff

2muchTruth

And Lucky...i can sum up what the oath means. It means "I may not understand what the US Constitution is but i will defend to the death your right to say it."

Fixed it....that was my point, young GI's don't know what it means, how can they uphold it? Not an insult to anyone, hell, I took teh oath too and I can remember thinking, "what is the Constitution?"

And Lucky...i can sum up what the oath means. It means "I may not understand what the US Constitution is but i will defend to the death your right to say it."

Fixed it....that was my point, young GI's don't know what it means, how can they uphold it? Not an insult to anyone, hell, I took teh oath too and I can remember thinking, "what is the Constitution?"

Sounds like you should have paid more attention in school, then.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Sounds like you should have paid more attention in school, then.

Prolly, I dropped out as many of my GI buddies did. I don't think even HS grads knew taht much, think back to then and realy ask yourself what you knew. I talk to kids today and they don't know shit about it.

I hate that "fixed it" shit. Get your own damned words and stop fucking with mine.

You and cliff are just sitting here calling military members stupid, that's all this is. "not an insult to anyone" my ass.

And if you really didn't know what the fuck the Constitution is, well, it ain't THEM that's stupid, it's you, boy. By the way, you know they actually TEACH this stuff in school nowadays, right?

And cliff, what would you have them do? desert? So then you can call them cowards when they get their names in the paper for their courts martial, i bet.

man, this forum needs an ignore feature. Cliff would be first, followed by anyone who does that "fixed it" bullshit to me. YOUR lack of creativity or erudition is not MY problem...get your own damned words.

BTW Lucky: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/erudition just in case.

People like you give liberals a bad name, and that makes me very sad. [:/]
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I hate that "fixed it" shit. Get your own damned words and stop fucking with mine.

>:( I didn't make it say anything fucked up, I'm just stating that GI kids for the most part have no idea what they're swearing to.

You and cliff are just sitting here calling military members stupid, that's all this is. "not an insult to anyone" my ass.

I'm calling most 17-20ish kids ignorant to most things. At 17 I had no idea or interest what the US Const was. My parents were AFU, so I was just concerned with getting away, I didn't hear people talking about that shit either, we were all talkling chicks, drinking, etc. In general kids just don't care about history and government. It's not stupid, it's naive and ignorant based upon age.

And if you really didn't know what the fuck the Constitution is, well, it ain't THEM that's stupid, it's you, boy. By the way, you know they actually TEACH this stuff in school nowadays, right?

Don't pop a vein. At 17 it's really not stupid, it's naive and ignorant, which I think virtually all people are at 17. They taught it then, it was the 70's, we were more about partying and whatever else. And the kids that did know what the US Const was, well most didn't go into the military, they went on to college, so perhaps they sat around and bantered about the nuances of teh 4th, but I doubt it; colleges are about partying too. It's utopian and ignorant to think kids like Michael J Fox's role on Growing Pains was it, that were so politically educated it made adults look naive. It's just not reality. And to swaer to something I think you have to have a real understanding, not just a casual knowledge of something.

And cliff, what would you have them do? desert? So then you can call them cowards when they get their names in the paper for their courts martial, i bet.

Pulse 145 and climbing.

man, this forum needs an ignore feature. Cliff would be first, followed by anyone who does that "fixed it" bullshit to me. YOUR lack of creativity or erudition is not MY problem...get your own damned words.

Really, grab a bag and breate into it.

People like you give liberals a bad name, and that makes me very sad.

Good, because I'm not really a liberal. I'm left of center, but I'm not some extreme liberal based upon the sum total of my beliefs.

extensive knowledge acquired chiefly from books : profound, recondite, or bookish learning

Your ornate little word implanted to show us how smart you are is so off target. I was in, around the world and out by age 21. Did you get your pilot's license by age 20 by flying accross small islands 120 miles over open ocean? Did you suck it up and take shit as a scared 17 YO kid, traveling 2,000 miles from home. Did you have your 18th Bday in basic? I doubt it, yet you want to refer to me as inexperienced and book-educated only.

You two are the militant lesbians of your beliefs. Not an insult to anyone... we all just know who you are, so before we read your post(s) we know a bunch of inconsequential prate is inbound.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

You two are the militant lesbians of your beliefs. Not an insult to anyone... we all just know who you are, so before we read your post(s) we know a bunch of inconsequential prate is inbound.

No, it is a PA. Grow up, child. And your contribution is nothing and possesses nothing substantive, as usual, so we also know what to expect and find it irrelevant.

Nothing substantive or relevant to further your petty personal propaganda, there is a difference. It wasn't a PA, it was a metaphor... and I also just used some alliteration for you.
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

We all did. We may very well represent something they percieve they can never have. We are paid more attention due to what we do. We steal their thunder. Okay, they don't have anything that resembles "thunder" but that's their fault, not ours but they have license to believe. They probably fustratingly wonder why the military is looked at differently than what they do. Funny thing is, most of us don't consider ourselves at a higher status. I'm very uncomfortable being put in the spotlight for doing what I do. The shit-talking is because we love our jobs. Kind of reminds me of my years in college. There were these anti fraternity groups that hated everything that represented a social organization. I back then in my naievity, called them out as jealous anti-social underachievers, but now I realize it's about how they really think of themselves and thier inner confidence or something to that effect. Any group that makes them reflect in on themselves and see things they don't like will automatically be considered a threat and they will "hate" on. You can't be "better" without insulting them. There's nothing you can do. But you should not be pissed off at them for what they say. You should be feeling sorry for them.[:/]

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

[reply

Let me ask you this Biker Babe ; what would happen if they had a war and nobody showed up?

Should they "desert"?
I believe that one of the greatest heroes of the Vietnam war is Cassius Clay(Muhamed Ali).
He refused to kill innocent people just so Goodyear could continue to buy rubber at cheap prices.

Blues, Cliff

2muchTruth

[replyman, this forum needs an ignore feature. Cliff would be first, followed by anyone who does that "fixed it" bullshit to me.

You have an ignore function built into your computer, .. it' called a mouse. You need only to avoid clicking on the posts you wish not to read.
If a thread or post is authored by "Cliff White" you can simply "ignore it".., if you want to.
But it's just not that easy is it?
You're just dying to know what kind of *outrageousness* Cliff is spouting today and you just can't wait to disagree and set him straight!

You're not alone. It's human nature.

I do it myself all the time.
I'll turn on Hannity on my way home knowing I'll probably disagree with everything he says but still I want to hear it.
Human nature I guess.

Blues,
Cliff

2muchTruth

How is he a hero if he never served?

LOL! I believe that one of the traits of a true hero is that they put themselves in harms way to protect another.
Cassius Clay allowed himself to be locked in a cage with violent criminals in order to spare innocent people their lives.

Blus,
Cliff
2muchTruth