The_Don

Why is the POTUS.

if you really think anyone at fox would ask those questions during an interview with the president, you would be mistaken. even hannity, who is more against obama than anyone else there, would be respectful and ask tough but fair questions. o reilly would give him a fair interview as well, but if obama had gone on fox on sunday, he would have been in front of chris wallace, who even the most hateful of fox's detractors would have to admit would be fair and respectful.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

if you really think anyone at fox would ask those questions during an interview with the president, you would be mistaken.

No, I wouldn't expect them to actually ask him those questions directly. But that's the sort of garbage that they spew on a daily basis. So in my opinion, Obama gave FOX the respect that they deserve.

reguardless of what you or i or obama thinks of fox, a lot of independants watch fox. a lot of those people are against obama's healthcare plan and are really the ones who's minds he need to change. he can take a step towards changing those minds be going on fox and facing the tough questions. i don't think he's scared to face those questions or scared to sit in front anyone at fox. he is, like you said, giving fox the respect he thinks they deserve, none. as i said before, this is a tactical mistake on his part. by snubbing fox he is snubbing a large voting block that gets their news mainly from fox. that will only add to his disapproval.

www.kjandmegan.com

He didnt want to have to answer real questions!;)

You mean like "why do you hate white people"?
"Which is scarier, your health plan or cancer"?
"Would you like some poisoned wine?"
"Did you have anything to do with that Acorn worker getting away with the murder that she confessed to"?

But you guys do have a point, FOX certainly fits in the entertainment category.

Irony is dead!

Wow you sure got fox figured out!:S
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Is it hard haiting something you know nothing about?

You should ask a regular FOX viewer that question. They're quite good at hating things they know nothing about. Come to think of it, they also love things they know nothing about. A study on Iraq war misperceptions and media outlets comes to mind. :P

FOX is ignorance peddling entertainment. And they're damn profitable at it, but it shouldn't be confused with news.

by snubbing fox he is snubbing a large voting block that gets their news mainly from fox.

You've just made our point. Anyone who gets his news mainly from Fox is already lost to The Dark Side of The Force.

you and i disagree, but that's not the point. obama is everyone's president, not just the president of those who get their news from sources he approves of. you may believe that fox news viewers are just the lunatic fringe, but the ratings tell a different story. if he really wants to reach out to the masses, he needs to include all of the masses. to do otherwise is less than presidential.

www.kjandmegan.com

>if he really wants to reach out to the masses, he needs to include all of
>the masses. to do otherwise is less than presidential.

Unless he goes on Letterman, in which case "all this PR is BS."

To sum up:

If he appears on a lot of outlets, then "he needs to stop running for president and start being the president, all this PR is BS." He "needs to actually work on a project instead of talking about it." "All he does is talk."

If he doesn't appear on enough outlets, then "he is less than presidential." He "needs to include all of the masses."

Again, it would be faster and easier to just post "I hate Obama no matter what he does." It would make the right wingers look less scatterbrained.

by snubbing fox he is snubbing a large voting block that gets their news mainly from fox.

You've just made our point. Anyone who gets his news mainly from Fox is already lost to The Dark Side of The Force.

you and i disagree, but that's not the point. obama is everyone's president, not just the president of those who get their news from sources he approves of. you may believe that fox news viewers are just the lunatic fringe, but the ratings tell a different story. if he really wants to reach out to the masses, he needs to include all of the masses. to do otherwise is less than presidential.

That doesn't mean that by not appearing on Fox he's necessarily excluding those masses. In a democratic republic, responsible citizenship requires a certain amount of diligence; for example, it requires one to educate oneself in order to be an informed voter. The TV listings, available to everyone, clearly announced that President of the United States was going to discuss an important issue of the day on TV programs A, B, C, D, and E. All it takes is for the viewer to tune those programs on. If regular watchers of Network F choose not to do so, but to stubbornly restrict themselves only to watching F, and thereby remain ignorant of what the President was saying on the other networks, that's on them.

Yea some of us mostly listen to Fox......It's just this wierd thing about me........ I like the truth!;) Most other networks wont point out important things! Ask Obama.... on one of his suckup interview's this sunday he said he didnt know anything about acorn's latest fuckup's Hmmm that's wierd cause at that point Fox had been doinging storys about it for a week......

Is it hard haiting something you know nothing about?

You should ask a regular FOX viewer that question.

Wow your so good at makeing my point's for me Thanks..... You hate Fox yet you dont watch them to even know what they are about. No youtube videos dont show the whole story.:S Ignorance is bliss!

>I like the truth!

You mean like the "truth" about the Tea Party, where they had a FOX News director coaching the crowd out of sight of the camera? Stephen Colbert has a good term for that - truthiness. It's not really true, but it's what you FEEL to be true.

No i like the truth of hand fed question's to Obama;). You know another example of Obama not wanting to take a chance of getting real questions!

BTW who's to say the Fox new's director doesnt beleive in his job and want's to be apapt of history and the tea party's. You know like Obama beleive's in not getting tought questions!;)

>BTW who's to say the Fox new's director doesnt beleive in his job
>and want's to be apapt of history and the tea party's.

I think he does want to be part of the tea partys! FOX has shown their unwavering support for them, and are doing everything they can to make them seem massive and important.

>why did he go on 5 talking head shows last Sunday and skip Fox

Because he realized that FOX viewers made up their minds about everything he might have to say over a year ago.

Well, not everything. Some of the teabaggers still can't agree whether Obama is a Muslim or a member of Jeremiah Wright's Christian church. He can't be both.:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

> Some of the teabaggers still can't agree whether Obama is a Muslim or
>a member of Jeremiah Wright's Christian church. He can't be both.

True. And they're having trouble deciding if he's on TV too much or not enough. Although 'both' seems to be a popular answer here.

You all talk about FOX News as if other outlets don't have their own masters to please. I recently finished an experiment where I put the FOX and CNN headline gadgets next to each other on my iGoogle page for a month. Both of them put such a spin on things it's funny, but FOX is definitely the worse offender. Obama knows where his bread is buttered so I'm not surprised he would exclude FOX.

Anyway, now both gadgets are deleted in favor of NPR Talk Of The Nation.
Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something meaningful.
-Calvin

>why did he go on 5 talking head shows last Sunday and skip Fox

Because he realized that FOX viewers made up their minds about everything he might have to say over a year ago.

BINGO!!!!! No matter what this guy does, Fox viewers made up their mind already before he even opens his mouth now. Those people are a lost cause, and after some of the things Fox distorts about him, I wouldn't give them the time of day either.

The people he needs to reach out to are independents, like myself, and we tend to be channel flippers but do NOT watch Fox. (at least from my experience and from friends that are Independents.)
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

>I like the truth!

You mean like the "truth" about the Tea Party, where they had a FOX News director coaching the crowd out of sight of the camera? Stephen Colbert has a good term for that - truthiness. It's not really true, but it's what you FEEL to be true.

Or perhaps he means the "truth" about the blatantly false full-page ad Fox ran against its competitors a couple days ago.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=fox+news+ad+false&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&fp=2084f45e26dfc089

>I like the truth!

Or perhaps he means the "truth" about the blatantly false full-page ad Fox ran against its competitors a couple days ago.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=fox+news+ad+false&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&fp=2084f45e26dfc089

I am surprised nobody has brought that up in SC yet. There is a youtube video that I can't link to from work right now of Rick Sanchez really calling Fox out on the ad saying that CNN and all of the other mentioned networks in the ad did indeed cover the story, but they only covered it-- NOT promoted it. Actually, they covered the tea party story MORE than they covered the Iraq anti-war protests which technically should have been the CNN equivalent mall march to Fox with the tea party mall march, so that right there shows a more "fair and balanced" attitude regarding the story coverage.

I am not saying that CNN doesn't lean a little more liberal on their stuff and spin a few things, but Fox definitely is a bigger offender. So, at this point I don't think any of the news networks have the complete "truth" and it's up to me to watch everything that I can, read everything that I can, and be best informed from a step outside and see the big picture kind of way if I can.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

>We could all watch Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow on MSNBC if you want
>unbiased reporting.

They're as bad as Hannity, Limbaugh and Beck.

Ya think? Hmmm... let's compare their formal educations, shall we? From Wikipedia:

Hannity graduated in 1980 from St. Pius X Preparatory Seminary high school, located in Uniondale, New York. Hannity dropped out of New York University and Adelphi University.

In 1996, while Beck was working for a New Haven-area radio station, he was admitted to a special program for non-traditional students at Yale University. One of his recommendations for admittance was from Senator Joe Lieberman. Beck took a single theology class, "Early Christology," and then dropped out.[10][11]

Limbaugh graduated from Cape Central High School, in 1969. His father and mother wanted him to attend college, so he enrolled at Southeast Missouri State University. He dropped out after two semesters and one summer; according to his mother, "he flunked everything", even a modern ballroom dancing class.[1] As she told a reporter in 1992, "He just didn't seem interested in anything except radio."[4]

Olbermann matriculated at Cornell University at the age of 16, a university he chose after being rejected by Harvard but being offered a full scholarship to Boston University that would have required him to complete liberal arts curriculum before becoming a communications major.[24] At college, Olbermann served as sports director for WVBR, a student-run commercial radio station in Ithaca.[24] Olbermann graduated from Cornell in 1979 with a B.S. in communications arts.[3]

A graduate of Castro Valley High School in Castro Valley, California, Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994.[12] At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she completed her Doctor of Philosophy degree (styled a DPhil) in politics from the University of Oxford.[13] Her doctoral thesis is titled HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons. She was the first openly gay American to win a Rhodes scholarship.

Sorry, Bill; I know there are all types of metrics for evaluating people, but I'm gonna got out on a limb here: Maddow and Olbermann are head-and-shoulders better than Hannity, Beck or Limbaugh.

Now in fairness, lest I be labeled totally biased (moi??), I also checked out Bill O'Reilly's academic and professional credentials, and it turns out they're excellent. Honors student as an undergraduate; a year studying in London; Master's degree in Journalism from Boston U.; long career in legit journalism; won two Emmy awards as a local TV news reporter. His credentials have my complements and respect. Too bad he's sold his soul to The Devil and now uses his talents for Evil instead of Good. :P

>Sorry, Bill; I know there are all types of metrics for evaluating people,
>but I'm gonna got out on a limb here: Maddow and Olbermann are
>head-and-shoulders better than Hannity, Beck or Limbaugh.

Are they better educated/smarter? Yes, in all likelihood.

Are they any better at unbiased reporting than Hannity, Beck et al? No. They don't really try to be. They are experts at their job, which is to be a partisan commentator.