happythoughts

religious geography

To be forgiven of our sins, we must accept Jesus Christ of Nazareth as our Lord and Savior.

Q1) Why?

Q2) Whay did God insist that someone had to die as a sacrafice if he's a loving God of the New Testament?

Q3) What happened to all the millions of people who lived before Jesus was even born? Are they burning in hell through no fault of their own?

1. It is God's plan.
2. Blood sacrifice covered sin and granted forgiveness. Jesus sacrifice took care of it once and for all. It was God's plan.
3. They were judged by the Law.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I do not believe a person is born homosexual. I believe it is learned behavior. I cannot prove it. I just believe it based on Scripture.

How's that?

Artificial ignorance, I suppose.

It works for me.;)

And to the extent it affects only you, that's fine. But if (hypothetically) you were to act out that belief in such a way as to negatively impact a gay person, even if only to cause him/her offense, I'm not OK with that.

Edit: I'll add to that - I'm also not OK with educating others, especially impressionable juveniles, that such artificial ignorance is truth, for that cannot help but translate into a negative impact upon gay people and their families and friends. With few exceptions, artificial ignorance is almost never a virtue for an adult.

one flesh, shouldnt you have moved with her then!?

That is an excellent point and has merit. In my situation, it would have required allowing our house to go into foreclosure. My father was terminally ill and my mother needed my support. I chose to stay in Florida.

i'm too lazy now to dig this up, but i already pointed it out, you're supposed to leave your parents at some point to get together with your wife, to become one flesh, this has happened after you were born again, so, how the fuck can you dare to ignore your gods own words!?

dont give me the terminal ill and foreclosure shit, if god was by your side, he probably would of figured something out for you..

dont get me wrong, its kinda nice you choose to do what you did, BUT, and thats a major BUT, it goes against all what you're preaching here! is that selective perception? or did you just admit to your sins after being born again to become yet - yes - born again and again!? how many credits does one have for that!?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

And to the extent it affects only you, that's fine. But if (hypothetically) you were to act out that belief in such a way as to negatively impact a gay person, even if only to cause him/her offense, I'm not OK with that.

No problem. I only deal with the situation, outside of these ongoing discussions, when the client brings it up. Then I am client centered as to his/her needs, wants and desires.

However, if you are asking me to preach against homosexual behavior, I can do that also.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

i'm too lazy now to dig this up, but i already pointed it out, you're supposed to leave your parents at some point to get together with your wife, to become one flesh, this has happened after you were born again, so, how the fuck can you dare to ignore your gods own words!?

dont give me the terminal ill and foreclosure shit, if god was by your side, he probably would of figured something out for you..

dont get me wrong, its kinda nice you choose to do what you did, BUT, and thats a major BUT, it goes against all what you're preaching here! is that selective perception? or did you just admit to your sins after being born again to become yet - yes - born again and again!? how many credits does one have for that!?

We all sin, we all sin daily. We must confess our sin to God and seek forgiveness. There is no limit. The old bumper sticker says, "Christians are not perfect, just forgiven." I screw up a lot, ask Andy9o8.:D

We all sin, we all sin daily. We must confess our sin to God and seek forgiveness. There is no limit. The old bumper sticker says, "Christians are not perfect, just forgiven." I screw up a lot, ask Andy9o8.:D

thats kinda comforting, so, i can do all i want, as long as i seek forgiveness on my death bed!? wow, thats a great lifestyle, whats the name of the church you're attending again!?
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

thats kinda comforting, so, i can do all i want, as long as i seek forgiveness on my death bed!? wow, thats a great lifestyle, whats the name of the church you're attending again!?

The trick is accurately predicting when your deathbed is going to present. You have no guarantee of tomorrow. None of us do.

Edit: I'll add to that - I'm also not OK with educating others, especially impressionable juveniles, that such artificial ignorance is truth, for that cannot help but translate into a negative impact upon gay people and their families and friends. With few exceptions, artificial ignorance is almost never a virtue for an adult.

Remember, for me it is not ignorance. It is thinking and knowing in the spiritual realm, which is separate from the physical realm. I am in this world, not of it. You are a consummate master of your world but, I don't follow the same rules that you do.:);)

Remember, for me it is not ignorance. It is thinking and knowing in the spiritual realm, which is separate from the physical realm. I am in this world, not of it. You are a consummate master of your world but, I don't follow the same rules that you do.:);)

so far you've been very evasive in answering certain questions, you admitted of conciously disregarding gods great will; now you say you're in - not of - this world. it seems your life is very easy and you can get away with pretty much everything; i dont think god will be happy about your kind of behaviour, not at all..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Therefore, the argument becomes God intended for man and woman to procreate and other sexual relationships are lust. Fornication in all forms and conditions are sinful behavior.

So, by this standard, people who can't have babies can't screw or they're evil, fornicating sinners who are going to burn in hell? Meaning couples who have hit menopause, naturally sterile couples, and couples who use birth control are all in for the big burn? Is that correct?

so far you've been very evasive in answering certain questions, you admitted of conciously disregarding gods great will; now you say you're in - not of - this world. it seems your life is very easy and you can get away with pretty much everything; i dont think god will be happy about your kind of behaviour, not at all..

No, on the contrary, I can't get away with anything. The Holy Spirit checks me. I need forgiveness just like everyone. My only plus, is that I have already established the channel of communication.

Therefore, the argument becomes God intended for man and woman to procreate and other sexual relationships are lust. Fornication in all forms and conditions are sinful behavior.

So, by this standard, people who can't have babies can't screw or they're evil, fornicating sinners who are going to burn in hell? Meaning couples who have hit menopause, naturally sterile couples, and couples who use birth control are all in for the big burn? Is that correct?

Fornication is sex outside of marriage. The marriage bed is undefiled.

"Allah" is simply the Arabic word for "God". Arab Christians refer to God as "Allah".

And Christians, Jews, and Muslims, whether Arab or not, all worship the God of Abraham. They all believe that that is the only God that exists anyway, so all other email gets forwarded to him.;)

I'm sure that the Muslims in the middle east would love
that one. They have such a vast sense of humor
about religion and would love to hear how they share
a religious affiliation with the Christians.

Other than cutting off the heads of any people who make
statements like that, I'm sure they would get a big
chuckle.

It's pretty much a yes/no belief system.
All the sides believe that they are correct and the other side is incorrect.

However, Christians aren't usually that serious about
their beliefs and won't actually state it to avoid "offending"
anyone.

If they really believed in the whole Hell thing, they would
make some solid statements about how dangerous the
other religions are. It's pretty much God/Satan, no middle ground.
Pick a side and have some conviction.

However, Christians aren't usually that serious about their beliefs and won't actually state it to avoid "offending" anyone.

Right, they'll just shoot people. Start wars so that the "end times" can come. Just that sort of thing. They aren't going to "offend" anyone doing that!

make some solid statements about how dangerous the other religions are. It's pretty much God/Satan, no middle ground. Pick a side and have some conviction.

You mean they'd burn people at the stake or something.

That some organization today would still have a section devoted to exorcism of demonic spirits from people. They'd send a priest around to cast the spirt out of the body.

That sort of thing?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

make some solid statements about how dangerous the
other religions are. It's pretty much God/Satan, no middle ground.

You mean they'd burn people at the stake or something.

That some organization today would still have a section devoted to exorcism of demonic spirits from people. They'd send a priest around to cast the spirt out of the body.

That sort of thing?

Exactly. If someone was about to get hit by a bicycle, I'd shout a warning,
and a bicycle would only bruise you.
Hell is an eternity of torment. Far more important.
Anyone who was from the Legions of Satan and leading
my friends/family/country towards eternal suffering would
have to be dealt with.

Christians seem to be fairly unconcerned about it.

Of course, the Taliban is ok with making money off of opium.
No higher moral ground there.
Maybe they can buy a gold gargoyle from the Vatican.

So then, you don't think Catholics are Christians?

I know Protestants (usually born-again variety) who think Catholics are not Christians.
Catholics think Protestants are fallen-away Catholics.
Jews think they're all fallen-away Jews.
Muslims think Judaism and Christianity were prototypes which Muslims perfected.
Buddhists are content not to kill bugs.
Hindus say, "That's weird. I feel like I've done this before."

If they really believed in the whole Hell thing, they wouldmake some solid statements about how dangerous theother religions are. It's pretty much God/Satan, no middle ground.

Exactly. If someone was about to get hit by a bicycle, I'd shout a warning,
and a bicycle would only bruise you.
Hell is an eternity of torment. Far more important.
Anyone who was from the Legions of Satan and leadingmy friends/family/country towards eternal suffering wouldhave to be dealt with.

Christians seem to be fairly unconcerned about it.

Alrighty then ,consider this your one warning.

So then, you don't think Catholics are Christians?

I know Protestants (usually born-again variety) who think Catholics are not Christians.
Catholics think Protestants are fallen-away Catholics.
Jews think they're all fallen-away Jews.
Muslims think Judaism and Christianity were prototypes which Muslims perfected.
Buddhists are content not to kill bugs.
Hindus say, "That's weird. I feel like I've done this before."

its kinda funny if you think about it.. :D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Spiritual warfare ministries used to be popular in the Charismatic and Pentecostal organizations. You don't need a priest to perform exorcism. Anyone grounded in Scripture can perform the service.

Spiritual warfare ministries used to be popular in the Charismatic and Pentecostal organizations. You don't need a priest to perform exorcism. Anyone grounded in Scripture can perform the service.

and kill people in the process!?

yea, great.. :|

faith healing kills, exorcism kills, i think your belief is awesome!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

and kill people in the process!?

yea, great.. :|

faith healing kills, exorcism kills, i think your belief is awesome!

Good morning!

I can always count on you to come up with something totally off the wall. Tell me, does everyone in Switzerland burn virgins at the stake? Is that common at your DZ's? Do the parents object to this loss of their children or do they accept it as a right of passage?

ron, i bring something up you're obviously not prepared to answer, and all you got is mocking me for my nickname of which you obviously dont have a fucking clue where it stems from!?

you can do better than that! ;)

besides, that article was just the first that popped up on a quick search, i'll be gladly at your service for providing more evidence of your missguided brothers and sisters in faith if you wish!

yes, you can count on me! :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/pacbeat/stories/200908/s2653841.htm

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_exor8.htm

so, we got one each in the states, one in europe and one down-under. that enough i could provide you with!?

i'll gladly dig up more.. :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

ron, i bring something up you're obviously not prepared to answer, and all you got is mocking me for my nickname of which you obviously dont have a fucking clue where it stems from!?

you can do better than that! ;)

besides, that article was just the first that popped up on a quick search, i'll be gladly at your service for providing more evidence of your missguided brothers and sisters in faith if you wish!

yes, you can count on me! :)

It was the first thing that popped into my mind. It is a counseling technique from Glasser's, "Reality Therapy." When someone is being absurd, be more absurd.