brenthutch

Save the planet; Stop cap and trade

Save American Jobs, Stop Cap and Trade...oh and Build more Nuclear Power and drill for more oil and Natural Gas.:)

You have come away from the dark side. Welcome Grasshopper!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

"Tell us again how our SUV exhaust is going to finish up in China as a result of capntrade. "

You are killing me!! Are you for real? SUV's? ROTFLMAO!!
Quit the bong hits, put down the Ben and Jerrys (owned by evil coperations by the way), take a shower, change your tiedie, put on some fresh pachouli oil, scrape the Kerry/Edwars bumber skicker off of your suberu and go to your local comunity college and take a macro econominics class.

The PA's suggest you have no actual rebuttal.

Tell us again how our POWER PLANT emissions will end up in China or India as a result of cap'n'trade.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"Tell us again how our SUV exhaust is going to finish up in China as a result of capntrade. "

Quit the bong hits, put down the Ben and Jerrys (owned by evil coperations by the way), take a shower, change your tiedie, put on some fresh pachouli oil, scrape the Kerry/Edwars bumber skicker off of your suberu and go to your local comunity college and take a macro econominics class.

Tell us again how our POWER PLANT emissions will end up in China or India as a result of cap'n'trade.

Kallend - you are to be commended for your supreme level of self control, I would have at least commented on the spelling :ph34r:
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

responding to a few of the previous posts, Cap N Trade (CnT) will:

- provide a huge profit windfall for Wall Street traders
- shift more industrial production out of the US, some to countries that have little to no rules on pollution, thus increasing world wide pollution
- CARB, CAFE and CFC are similar but distinctly different programs from CnT, the cost of CnT will be passed directly to consumers especially from regulated industries and industries that have few if any legitimate competitors (electricity and gasoline are 2 examples)
- penalize all Americans financially

There are some industries that can't move out of the US, like electric utilities. What is the trade-off between pollution and reasonable electric rates?

What about: Build nuclear and retire the oldest coal plants. Determine if "clean coal" is technically possible and economical, if so, build it. Utilize renewable technologies where it is economically feasible.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

What about: Build nuclear and retire the oldest coal plants. Determine if "clean coal" is technically possible and economical, if so, build it. Utilize renewable technologies where it is economically feasible.

The CSIRO in Australia have been working on carbon capture fore some time with a degree of success. They have managed to do it on a small scale so it is possible.

I was listening to them on ABC (australian) radio a few months to a year ago. they liquify the carbon and store it below 800m below sea level (in old mine shafts) where it will remain (on it own accord) in a liquid state until it is phyiscally removed.

They have developed brown coal, piston engines with carbon capture for thier heavy duty mining equipment. Australia has a seemingly endless supply of coal so that is why they are focusing on that.

Kevin Rudd was mentioning it to the world back then but everybody was too interested in the money stuff to give a shit about it, he was literally talked over.

I am no CSIRO scientist but they seem to know what they are talking about.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Ok it goes somthing like this: I am an evil corperation, I am going to open a steel mill, I can open it in the US and use cap and trade rate power or I can open my plant in china and use dirty cheap power. I chose the latter. So now, all of the electricy that I would have used and all of the co2 that would have produced un the US will now be produced by China.
Bust me on my spelling

Ok it goes somthing like this: I am an evil corperation, I am going to open a steel mill, I can open it in the US and use cap and trade rate power or I can open my plant in china and use dirty cheap power. I chose the latter. So now, all of the electricy that I would have used and all of the co2 that would have produced un the US will now be produced by China.

fundamentally you are correct in saying that the pollution (more of it) would be produced in China, but as nature works, airborne pollutants cover the globe, the CO2 produced in China will impact the US, much of the mercury that falls on the US (a primary pollutant from burning coal) comes from other countires

the globe will be better off if the manufacturing was done in the US, I agree that there should be more controls but CnT is not the way to do it