JohnRich

Man arrested for having "too much ammo"

30,000 rounds:o:o Will somebody please tell me where the fuck he got it? I can't even find one box of 38 specials in a 50 mile radius of where I live.>:(>:(

aside from the classy and gratuitous used of profanity.....

why find out where he got them? just call him directly, apparently he'll need to reduce his inventory now :P

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=112197;

:P:P

that is the greatest link of all time

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

For those seven of you who have voted that the government should restrict how much ammo one can own, please tell us your Goldilocks formula: how much is "too much", and how much is "just right"?

Just as I expected - no response. The anti-gun folks like to vote against anything related to gun rights, but they're too chicken to come out from under their rocks and explain their positions, answer questions, respond to challenges, or participate in open debate.

Sounds to me like an "infringement" on his Contitutional right to bear arms. A very interesting choice of words in the 2nd Amendment. "The right to bear arms shall not be infringed". The founding fathers recognized that the right of private citizens was not likely to be challenged head on, but infringed, sliced into more and more, thinner and thinner pieces, like a fringe, until the fabric could no longer exist. That's why they chose to use that exact word.

Yeah, I know, the 2nd also starts off with the need for a "regulated militia". In the case of post-Katrina New Orleans, after the cops had either deserted or else joined the looters (and were trying to confiscate citizens' guns), the most regulated militia that kept any semblance of order were the citizens who sat on their front porches with their firearms in plain site. Katrina turned me around 180 degrees on gun control, although I still choose not to own a firearm myself.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

First off, what was the reason for the illegal search? Unless they had good reason to search his property, he has a good defense. I hope he gets a good lawyer. Also, unless they can PROVE that he had the intent of doing someone harm with the ammo, they are pissing in the wind. I think they are just trying to make a big stink, to pass an ammo limit law.

I don't know how many rounds are in my house. I guess I will have to count, and find somewhere to barry the excess, so that when they come to ILLEGALLY search my home, I will be prepared. But, because of the rising cost of ammo, and the thinning of the shelves at the stores, it is no wonder that people are stocking up.

On, 'the right to bear arms', I read and interesting article in the American Rifleman magazine a few months back. That that was put in the Constitution, to protect a right that we had before the Constitution. Basically, we had the right before, but we will stick this in just to make sure no one will decide to mess with it later. I will have to look through my hubs stack of back mags to see if I can find the article. It was really, really good. :)

meh I'm not worried, honestly- mostly hype, and the ammo and gun dealers are loving all the frenzied buying that is going on- The anti Gun people will never get a foothold in VT where practically everybody hunts and shoots in their back yard.

now when the police start rounding people up for having too much FUN then I will be worried.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415

I live in Ohio, and it is mostly the same here. My husband and I hunt. We live in the middle of no where, so we can shoot in our yard any time we want.

Ohio also has concealed carry. So A LOT of laws would have to change here, before anything would get a foot in. It's mostly the big cities, and the highly populated states that suffer from all the restrictive laws.

>It's mostly the big cities, and the highly populated states that suffer from all the restrictive laws.

Yeah I should take that into consideration, not much legal backyard plinking goes on in the city. People like us who live in the sticks are so lucky to have the space and freedom.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415