BDashe

Does this mean the U.S. is getting smarter?

Or just less gullible?

http://news.aol.com/article/religion-in-amerca-survey/374444

"A wide-ranging study on American religious life found that the Roman Catholic population has been shifting out of the Northeast to the Southwest, the percentage of Christians in the nation has declined and more people say they have no religion at all.
Fifteen percent of respondents said they had no religion, an increase from 14.2 percent in 2001 and 8.2 percent in 1990, according to the American Religious Identification Survey."
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

I was inferring that, yes Tex. However I meant it in a tongue in cheek manner so calmate por favor. The point of my post was for you guys to read the article to show that us godless heathens are becoming less of a minority.

I was then curious to see what peoples' thoughts were for why that may be happening.

I wonder if it has to do with people following the scholastic path and are now relying more heavily on empirical evidence, rather than following "faith" blindly. Blindly meaning there is no universally accepted physical proof.

Any other theories?
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

So you're saying that religious people are stupid?

It depends on where they live in the country..... if they worship being as dumb as dirt and proud of it.. as much as they do the Lord... then yes.

In what parts of the country are religious people stupid?
In what parts of the country are religious people intelligent?

And for bonus points, please explain what happens to a religious-stupid person if they up and move to a religious-intelligent part of the country?

Since so many of them moved to California during the dustbowl and further migrations to places with jobs... they usually stayed stupid....

So in other words, your original assertion that "It depends on where they live in the country", is false. Geography has nothing to do with whether or not someone is stupid or intelligent.

It was fun getting you to discredit your own statement.

You may now resort to your standard reply tactic of a personal insult.

Since so many of them moved to California during the dustbowl and further migrations to places with jobs... they usually stayed stupid....

So in other words, your original assertion that "It depends on where they live in the country", is false. Geography has nothing to do with whether or not someone is stupid or intelligent.

It was fun getting you to discredit your own statement.

You may now resort to your standard reply tactic of a personal insult.

Only in your mind John.....

The really stupid ones stayed where they were... as evidenced by the JesusLand map.

I was then curious to see what peoples' thoughts were for why that may be happening.

I wonder if it has to do with people following the scholastic path and are now relying more heavily on empirical evidence, rather than following "faith" blindly. Blindly meaning there is no universally accepted physical proof.

Any other theories?

I think it's happening because people are starting to see how hypocritical organized religion is.
And I say organized because I do believe in God and the afterlife, but not they way most religions portray it. They preach to be fearfull of God. And that is not they way he and she wants it.
-----------------
I love and Miss you so much Honey!
Orfun #3 ~ Darla