vortexring

Proof of god via DNA and evolution

I've came across an interesting debate:

"The starting point of this discussion is my central thesis, which is:

1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.
2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind.

I have a number of logical problems with this train of thought, especially the assertion that ALL codes are created by a conscious mind. A number of people on the forum, like Bill Von have cited some specific examples, but I will just say that simply because we haven't found an example (for the sake of argument), doesn't necessarily mean that it's so. Failure to prove the opposite is not proof of a statement, that is a logical error.

I don't approve of the Intelligent Design doctrine, because it is simply another subterfuge invented to justify the teaching of creationism - a religious belief - as fact in the public schools. I cannot and will not support that, and neither do the courts in several cases that have been brought.

On the other hand, I do personally believe in God and that God created the universe, though not literally as written in Genesis. I do not believe that either God's existence, nor his hand in the creation can be proven. If they could, then they would just be more facts and lose their power and mystery. There is plenty in nature that I believe points to God's existence and hand in creation, but nothing that proves it. Belief in God requires the personal choice of faith.

I happen to believe that science, i.e. evolution theories, etc demonstrate by scientific means the "blueprint" if you will of how God got the job done, over millions, even billions of years. I have no bone to pick with science or evolutionary theory. This is my personal interpretation and belief that finds no conflict between science and scripture. And for the record, I think it's the SCIENCE that should be taught in public schools. People who want to teach "Flintstonism" as scientific fact need to open their own little schools or home school their kids.

And please, before flaming me as some kind of an American Taliban, also consider that some of my fundamentalist friends have told me that I'm dead wrong, can't possibly be a Christian, and am damned to everlasting hell for my heretical beliefs.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

Oh for fucks sake. It isn't MY assumption. Neither is it MY argument.

Why not, instead of gobbling out the word 'bullshit', click the link to the debate and challenge the man making the assertion? It isn't mine. Didn't I make that relatively clear?Unimpressed

For fuck's sake stop posting crap like this and then you will not get slagged the way you do.....

It is not possible for me to persuade people to believe in God if they do not want to; that is not my job

These arguments ultimately boil down to this one observation. Some people have personally experienced what they refer to as "God". Others have not had such experiences, at least not in a way that they attribute to "God".
We are all engines of karma