Andrewwhyte

Good news for Christians from the world of science

"How about love? Do you have faith that it exists? Because it is certainly not logical. Do we know it exsists? Can we prove it exists? Do you have faith that it exsists? "

Why is love not logical?IF social animals develop feelings like empathy and love , they will be able to care for their offspring and hence improve their gene survivival and they may increase co operation benefiting their survivial

As for proof, really that is only found in mathematics. Certainly there is strong evidence that love exists, we can observe behaviour and brain chemistry to verify this . Even on an individual level we look for evidence of love, not just act on blind faith. I believe my wife loves me becasue of her bahaviour towards me. If her bahaviour towards seemed to change, lets say she didn't want to spend time with me, was having an affair etc etc then I might begin to doubt that she loved me. Love is not without evidence. Unlike god.

Now spirituality, or spiritual truth or whatever you guys call it, I have no idea what that is and if I were to try to believe in it, it would require more faith than I could possibly muster.

Spiritual Truth provides the framework for a Spiritual Reality, which is our interface with God. God is recognized and communicated with spiritually. Those who have experienced it can explain it much like your description of love. Which should not be surprising since God is Love. God is a Spirit and those who know Him must do so in Spirit and Truth.

Why is love not logical?IF social animals develop feelings like empathy and love , they will be able to care for their offspring and hence improve their gene survivival and they may increase co operation benefiting their survivial

You realize of course that religion can be justified in much the same way. It provides a socializing force for humanity as well as a coping mechanism for the harsh realities of mortal life. As such, it can benefit us as well as promote the survival of our species.

I agree 100%. But that in no way implies god exists. Merely that religion may have some positive attributes.
But that doesnt imply that it doesn't also has negative attributes. For example, I have no doubt that religion makes death more palatable. This can help people in their greif. However making death more palatable increases the likelihood of people willing to die eg war .

Faith is just intellectual laziness. Believing somehting without evidence, why should it be treated with any respect?

I was thinking about this today. Despite all I know and understand from the "world of science", I still believe in God.

I often query myself about my belief. I wasn't raised to be either religious or non. It simply was never discussed.

On one hand it goes back to happenings in childhood in which I prayed and thought and hoped with all my might. I could easily argue such childhood reasons for belief are dismissible because we're not so analytical and still so innocent.

Still, I believe in God. I think for me--it's hard to say--it's life's coincidences. Not the common, little things so much, but the big--too right, too perfect, too...

Again, from a logical perspective I could argue why so many coincidences aren't really coincidences at all.

But...this morning a blue heron crashed into our backyard near my office window. I looked out in time to watch him rise to his feet. I ran to our double-glass doors leading to our back porch and there he was...

Long story short, two hours later I was at our nearest bird-emergency rescue & sanctuary.

It's not the first time I've been there, but this time the woman who runs it was in bad shape.

For me (and I can argue it's simply because I'm more aware and sensitive to animals and yadda, yadda yadda) it's just things happen every once in a while--just often enough--that feel so much like there's a greater force at work. No matter how much or little He has to do with it all I just believe & feel in my heart that He's there tapping his metaphorical wand every so often.

I don't mind if that makes me silly, "intellectually lazy" or even "stupid". It makes me smile. :)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.