SpeedRacer

The Government could ban something, but that doesn't make it disappear.

Government aggression doesn't work for everything.

The government can ban something, but that won't necessarily make the thing disappear.

It will only give that thing an illegal status.

So that thing will still exist, but there will be an illegal industry and/or criminal personalities supporting it.

Something to consider.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

The government can ban something, but that won't necessarily make the thing disappear.

So that thing will still exist, but there will be an illegal industry and/or criminal personalities supporting it.

Something to consider.

And it's big bucks for certain countries>http://www.reason.com/blog/show/114164.html
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Something to consider.

Enter prohibition....... the same RW nuts are trying that with drugs and gays..... when will these nuts leave alone the US Constitution and leave it for important issues like due process, slavery prohibition and other universally substantive measures? Yea, banning works.:S

Enter prohibition....... the same RW nuts are trying that with drugs and gays..... when will these nuts leave alone the US Constitution and leave it for important issues like due process, slavery prohibition and other universally substantive measures? Yea, banning works

Yet you support others banning firearms?

just don't think for a second that our ability to legally own firearms is bulletproof.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

>The government can ban something, but that won't necessarily make the
>thing disappear.

Right. The likelihood of a ban working is directly proportional to the difficulty of creating it and inversely proportional to how much people want it. Thus banning the possession of weapons grade plutonium works well; the banning of marijuana does not work so well.

Enter prohibition....... the same RW nuts are trying that with drugs and gays..... when will these nuts leave alone the US Constitution and leave it for important issues like due process, slavery prohibition and other universally substantive measures? Yea, banning works

just don't think for a second that our ability to legally own firearms is bulletproof.

Typical lefty. Its OK to ban things they don't like but leave their pet projects alone!
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Typical lefty. Its OK to ban things they don't like but leave their pet projects alone!

How is that different from the righties?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

you guys are all correct. on the right you have people wanting to use the Alimighty Government to ban drugs & abortion, on the left you got people wanting to do it with guns.
It seems to me that the only fair thing to do would be to strip down the government straight across the board.
And if you want to accomplish any lofty goals for society, do it using methods/institutions OUTSIDE the government.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I see your point but if it were up to me I would not ban anything, drugs included. Tax them heavily and let people choose their poison. Let them choose if they want an abortion. I am opposed to the above two on a personal level but to each his own.
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.