Andy9o8

Comparing the Candidates

From the Blog O' Sphere:

>
>
> I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....
>
> * If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic, different."
>
> * Grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, a quintessential American story.
>
> * If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
>
> * Name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.
>
> * Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
>
> * Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.
>
> * If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.
>
> * If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive. [An aside: But then again, if the likes of George W can become President, how worse can it get.]
>
> * If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.
>
> * If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.
>
> * If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
>
> * If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible.
>
> * If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.
>
> * If your husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
>
> OK, much clearer now.

Honestly I have not heard one honest intelligent response to any of these questions. I am waiting for someone to say hey Clinton got a blow job.
Why can’t anyone adress the legitimate issues that are brought up about Sarah Palin?

All I hear is Liberal this and two sentence remark that have nothing to do with all the REAL issues she brings to the table, not to mention the obvious hypocrisy of it all.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

hey Clinton got a blow job

But it probably wasn't from Palin :). And I don't think Clinton did her first, either.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Honestly I have not heard one honest intelligent response to any of these questions. I am waiting for someone to say hey Clinton got a blow job.
Why can’t anyone adress the legitimate issues that are brought up about Sarah Palin?

All I hear is Liberal this and two sentence remark that have nothing to do with all the REAL issues she brings to the table, not to mention the obvious hypocrisy of it all.

Actually I do address legitimate issues. However what I see in response is mostly incorrect and emotional. The dems here see her as a weak point on the ticket. I see her as a strength because I do not discount her accomplishments as a governor because her daughter is pregnant or she hunts moose. Can you name her accomplishments as a governor?
www.FourWheelerHB.com

>No, it wasn't just a once-off; any fucking dumbass can become President.

Neither McCain, Obama, Palin or Biden is a dumbass. Indeed, by all indications, all of them are quite intelligent, and from a brainpower perspective will be quite an improvement.

Can you name her accomplishments as a governor?

She kept the "bridge to nowhere" earmark. I name that accomplishment "HYPOCRISY".

and you are one of the few people who actually argue legitimate issues against Palin rather than call her names. She did in fact take that money and use it for other infrastructure projects. Why was this allowed? She certainly doesn't hide the fact she did it.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

>She did in fact take that money and use it for other infrastructure projects. Why
>was this allowed?

?? Why was it allowed? It's a common practice; she lobbied for the money and got it. (And kept getting it; she's getting $185 million this year in earmarks as well.) Who would make her "give it back?"

>She certainly doesn't hide the fact she did it.

She's still denying that she ever supported the bridge, and claims that she doesn't do earmarks - so I'd count that as hiding the fact that she did it.

"she has taken a strong and consistent stand against them" - McCain spokesperson on earmarks
"I told the Congress 'thanks, but no thanks,' for that Bridge to Nowhere." - Palin

>No, it wasn't just a once-off; any fucking dumbass can become President.

Neither McCain, Obama, Palin or Biden is a dumbass. Indeed, by all indications, all of them are quite intelligent, and from a brainpower perspective will be quite an improvement.

Oh, I agree, and wasn't trying to imply otherwise, even about McCain, who frankly I think would probably be a decent President if only he wasn't working for The Dark Side. The key phrase in what I wrote was "if McCain gets elected & then codes"; in other words: "if by horrid happenstance Palin becomes President via Constitutional succession."

i guess apples and oranges are kinda hard to compare, lets try just apples. lets list McCain against Obama since they are running for president, but then again that would look fair to the democrats would it?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, from the party that started this contest between Obama and Palin, now it's all about let's compare McSame..... :D....trust me, you'll be back again comparing Palin, she's less Washington, less abrasive.

Hey, she made a key free throw in a small school BBall game...... I'll hear nothing of her not accomplishing. :D

Actually I do address legitimate issues. However what I see in response is mostly incorrect and emotional. The dems here see her as a weak point on the ticket. I see her as a strength because I do not discount her accomplishments as a governor because her daughter is pregnant or she hunts moose. Can you name her accomplishments as a governor?

List the totality of her accomplishments. Talk about her darting from school to school and then finally graduating with a journalism degree: that being her entirety of education. That is weak for a potential president - extremely weak.

She was more concerned with beauty contests and she didn't really do well with that; she only went as high as 3 place in the Alaska level. Hell, if she can't fix a beauty contest, how can she run the government?;)

She was a mayor of a town of 7000, that is piss. That is like being a coordinator of a charity drive or something. I mean it's fine and all, but hardly bragging material esp considering she ran the budget way over in her tenure.

There was all kinds of controvery with her stint as a gov and there still is. She has open issues that her and first dude refuse to address via suppression of testimony.

>She was a mayor of a town of 7000, that is piss.

Not really. Being a mayor is not all that easy even in small towns. (Indeed, in many ways it's harder because you don't have a large support structure to manage; you have to do more yourself.)

Well, evidently it is tougher, as she fucked it all up by overrunning the budget. All I'm saying is that it is easier in that the issues are fewer, I do see your point that the resolution / resources are alos fewer, but it's not a resume stuffer to be a potential president of the US.

>Well, evidently it is tougher, as she fucked it all up by overrunning the
>budget.

I've been in Wasilla a few times (both when she was running it and shortly afterwards) and it wasn't fucked up. It was a typical growing town complete with Wal-Marts and strip malls.

>but it's not a resume stuffer to be a potential president of the US.

I think the whole "Palin/Obama/Biden/McCain isn't qualified" is getting a little silly. They're all qualified. They would all likely be able to do a competent job. The question isn't who will destroy the US and piss on the remains, it's who will do a better job as president. (And despite what both the republicans and democrats believe, Palin is not running for that job.)