DZJ

Prince Harry fighting the Taleban

Bill Clinton sent troops into combat while he was president (remember Somalia?). He has never personally been in a war and avoided military service when of draft age.
He meets every condition set forth in the definition YOU posted. How can you possibly say he isn't a "chickenhawk"?

Uh want to check your facts???

Who sent troops to Somalia?????

A HAWK... is someone who loves and champions war...we have a lot of them around here....

a CHICKENHAWK is like those above.and we have a hell of a lot more of them around here...is one who is too fucking chicken to go himself and still RAH RAH RAH ..WAR>.. MMMM LOVE WAR.....and we have a LOT of them around here.

BC is far from a champion of WAR.. most of what the did was utilize the lowest amount of force needed to get our policy across and that did NOT include championing the use of thousands of americans being put into a stupid fucking ground war that was guaranteed to get a lot of Americans killed.
Some times a commander in chief has to use the military.. I prefer the ones who use them as they are fucking intended.. and uses them SPARINGLY to do the job they are trained for.. ... not as a lame fucking excuse of nation building to enrich themselves.( Go read about the PNAC that all of your favorite chickenhawks belong to).. GET IT...

Like I said earlier, I know serving cowards who continually manage to avoid operational tours, yet still fly aircraft with outrageous safety records.

Then your view and mine shall continue to differ on that point.

Why, are you a military pilot who knows differently?

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

Like I said earlier, I know serving cowards who continually manage to avoid operational tours, yet still fly aircraft with outrageous safety records.

Of course, to be "at risk" in an F102 you do actually have to be flying them, not running an election campaign 2 states away, or medically grounded because you didn't turn up for the medical.

I suppose there was always the risk that the Viet Cong might invade Texas.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

BC is far from a champion of WAR.. most of what the did was utilize the lowest amount of force needed to get our policy across

USS Cole?

lol...neither a Chickenhawk nor a pussy. :)
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Why, are you a military pilot who knows differently?

No, what I'm saying is that you feel it didn't take courage to fly jets, I'm saying it did. We differ on that point.

Of course, to be "at risk" in an F102 you do actually have to be flying them, not running an election campaign 2 states away, or medically grounded because you didn't turn up for the medical.

I suppose there was always the risk that the Viet Cong might invade Texas.

Straying from the facts are we? It is a FACT that he flew F-102 fighters. It's in the records. If you do a bit of checking (like reading the article I linked to earlier) you would know that his squadron was responsible for responding to any incoming Soviet aircraft that may have flown up from Cuba.
Bush flew fighters in the NG. What did YOU do?

Straying from the facts are we? It is a FACT that he flew F-102 fighters. It's in the records. If you do a bit of checking (like reading the article I linked to earlier) you would know that his squadron was responsible for responding to any incoming Soviet aircraft that may have flown up from Cuba.
Bush flew fighters in the NG. What did YOU do?

The Red Dawn scenario.

"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanes." George W. Bush, interview in Houston Chronicle, 1994.

And having learned, he decided to do something else altogether instead of completing his NG obligation.

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V113/N48/somalia.48w.html

Me thinks you should face the truth.
GET IT ?

Uh, no. Bush Sr. is wholely responsible for our involvement in Somalia.

If you want to talk about Clinton committing troops, go to Serbia for your example.

I was using it as an example that Clinton did, in fact, send troops into harms way. It was by no means his only time. Let's not forget his fiasco in Haiti.

Care to answer the question Professor? What did YOU do?

How is that relevant to the discussion on chickenhawks? Not even up to "feeble" as a diversion.

What did you do in Korea?

How is that relevant to the discussion on chickenhawks? Not even up to "feeble" as a diversion.

***So what we have is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Good job.

What did you do in Korea?

***I've never been to Korea. If you are referring to the conflict during the 50s then I wasn't even alive yet.

He also bettered himself by learning to fly airplanes.

:D True!

Let's see, what is more dangerous: Learning to fly supersonic interceptors with a possibility (even small) of being deployed to a combat zone....or learning to fly Cessnas, Pipers, etc. in the safety of a secured continent.
Must be nice to pass judgement on others from behind the safety of a nice cushy desk. Just like Bush in the White House.

I thought it laughable when we were arguing over whether Clinton was a chickenhawk (since GWB obviously is)....but this is just stupid now. Clinton MUST be a Chickenhawk since it's more dangerous to fly a jet than a Cessna....lol...or is Kallend the Chickenhawk now. I'm not following these thought processes any more. But maybe my thinking's just not QUITE that tangential yet.

GEEZ!
linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I thought it laughable when we were arguing over whether Clinton was a chickenhawk (since GWB obviously is)....but this is just stupid now. Clinton MUST be a Chickenhawk since it's more dangerous to fly a jet than a Cessna....lol...or is Kallend the Chickenhawk now. I'm not following these thought processes any more. But maybe my thinking's just not QUITE that tangential yet.

GEEZ!
linz

:D

I can't be a chickenhawk, for 3 reasons:

1. I have consistently opposed the war in Iraq, since well before the invasion, as a perusal of my postings will reveal.

2. Not that it's anyone's business, but I never dodged a draft, fled to another country to avoid service, volunteered for cushy service in a champaign squadron, nor sought a deferment.

3. I have not sheltered my family from military service - my son HAS served in Iraq.

Me thinks you should face the truth.
GET IT ?

TSK TSK TSK... maybe you need a historical TIMELINE of actual events....but go ahead and blame this on the sad state of our educational system.. sooooooo like so many others on the right wing..who never can be held responsible:S

So there you guys go with your revisionist thinking from the far right once again...:S:S:S:S

FROM YOUR OWN Article.. Bubba

In his first public explanation of why American troops were in that lawless land and when they would be getting out, Clinton said he had rejected calls from Congress and elsewhere to "cut and run" from Somalia because he believed that both Somali lives and American credibility were at stake.

"We face a choice," the president said. "Do we leave when the job gets tough or when the job is well done? Do we invite the return of mass suffering or do we leave in a way that gives the Somalis a decent chance to survive?"

Clinton argued that the United States had an obligation to try to complete a humanitarian effort begun 10 months ago. "We started this mission for the right reasons and we're going to finish it in the right way," Clinton said.

He also said he would not withdraw now with American soldiers in Somali hands or listed as missing. One American serviceman is known to be held by the forces of warlord Mohammed Farah Aidid, and six others are missing from an encounter on Sunday in which 13 U.S. soldiers were slain.

PSSST they were already there when Blackhawk down occured.. and they were put there in place by the father of your chickenhawk hero:S:S

If you are referring to the conflict during the 50s then I wasn't even alive yet.

What kind of lame excuse is that?:P

A lot better excuse than Clinton had for hiding from the draft. Or Bush.

You still have no standing on which to call anyone who did serve in any branch of the military...NG or otherwise...a coward. As little as he did, it was far more than you and Clinton combined.