masterblaster72

So is this how the folks on Wall Street think?

from MSN Money

So this fellow Robert Walberg is talking about how low JetBlue's stock is -- interesting article, until he comes up with proposed solutions to raise the stock price:

Adding creature comforts is nice for the passenger but it doesn't change the business model

That TV screen in front of every passenger would make a great place for advertisements. As last year's flight problems prove, we are a captive audience, so take advantage of that fact and put some advertising on the screen.

Maybe try looking at outsourcing baggage delivery

What do you think of these proposed solutions? Would you want advertising on a TV screen for hours on a plane? How would you feel about contacting someone in India after waiting on hold for 30 minutes to find out where your lost baggage is?

Furthermore, why are American consumers letting companies get away with dreadful customer service?

I find Mr. Walberg's ideas revolting, and I think it shows how out-of-touch people in board rooms are with reality...what do you think?

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Americans want more bang for their bucks. If you could get a round trip ticket from LA to NYC for 500 or 850 which one would you pick. You want cheaper prices, well there is a cost that comes along with that.

I agree with Walberg though. I like Jetblue and love their cheaps prices. If I have to put up with more advertisements then so be it. I know what I'm getting into. If I wanted to travel and be pampered then I would buy a first class ticket.

I don't believe these people are out-of-touch with reality, I believe these people are in-touch with reality. Reality, customer service has been replaced by company profits where customers have few or no other options. Reality, marketing and sales continue to create new (or copy) ideas that they believe will make money.

PS: They have advertisements above urinals in bars, restaurants, etc...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Maybe try looking at outsourcing baggage delivery

That is just stupidity talking.....

I used to fly Alaska Airlines all the time... you could count on getting off the plane and by the time you walked from the concourse( REally close at SEA TAC since its their home) your luggage would be there.

Then they outsourced and got rid of their baggage handlers.

They are now the slowest at SEATAC... when I flew home from Eloy last year ... it was over 90 minutes till my luggage rolled out onto the carosel.
They have also banged up two aircraft by slamming handling equipment into the fusalage. In a couple cases the aircraft had rapid decompressions due to metal failure where the aircraft had been dinged. The Handlers did not BOTHER reporting damage to the aircraft in eiter case....

I am now avoiding Alsaka as much as I can when I travel... which is sad.. I have a LOT of frequent flyer miles with them. They really used to be a good airline.

Not to mention in the pull-down tables on airlines, on lampposts outside my apartment (for the new movie Cloverfield), on top of taxis, inside taxis, in movie theatres (captive audience again)...in pop-up ads, on the steps of Penn Station, etc...

And you're okay with this?

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

I don't believe these people are out-of-touch with reality, I believe these people are in-touch with reality. Reality, customer service has been replaced by company profits where customers have few or no other options. Reality, marketing and sales continue to create new (or copy) ideas that they believe will make money.

I agree. It is the simple math.

The cost of paying someone $10 an hour, plus benefits, vs $1.85 an hour with no benefits.

Then, calculate the actual net profit per customer.

Some customers complain, but will not change companies, even though the service sucks.

For Telecom companies, it is actually cheaper to outsource and lose a few customers.

Not to mention in the pull-down tables on airlines, on lampposts outside my apartment (for the new movie Cloverfield), on top of taxis, inside taxis, in movie theatres (captive audience again)...in pop-up ads, on the steps of Penn Station, etc...

And you're okay with this?

People talk but money walks ... sometimes I am and I buy those products or services, sometimes I am not and I do not buy those products or services.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch