Zipp0

How do Cops Know what Weed Smells Like?

So, if cops aren't pot heads, and are not law breakers themselves, how do they know what it smells like?

Secondly, does a scent give probable cause? The reason I ask is because sometimes when you are smoking a cigarette (Marlboro) it suddenly smells exactly like pot for a few seconds. It only happens once in a while, but it is nearly an exact scent match.

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

My guess is just like the rest of us...seriously...is there ANYBODY out there that doesn't know what weed smells like???
I had one ask me once..."Do I smell weed?"
I told him if he did he had a keen sense of smell seeing I hadn't smoked it in like 20 years...he dismissed it at that....

It also sounds like you need to stop storing your weed with your cigs...;)

So, if cops aren't pot heads, and are not law breakers themselves, how do they know what it smells like?

It wasn't illegal to attend Grateful Dead concerts.:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It was my experience that the only difference between the cops and the criminals in my home town.. were that the cops were just a bit more cunning and lucky at not getting caught.

Most all of them could have been seen at the same parties.. with the bouquet of marijuana wafting through the air.

It also sounds like you need to stop storing your weed with your cigs...;)

:D

Well, it has been quite a looooong time. Firstly, I can't touch the stuff due to my job. Secondly, I diidn't like feeling tired and hungry, watching cartoons, and going to bed on a Saturday night.

But seriously, cigs can give off that smell from time to time. Other friends have said the same thing.

As to burning weed in an ashtray for the cops - How are they allowed to keep weed on hand??? You just know they are like "One ounce for the ashtray, one ounce for me....."

--------------------------
Chuck Norris doesn't do push-ups, he pushes the Earth down.

I've noticed that too. And it is not just kinda like it or just for a second - sometimes it is very genuine. I wonder if in the commercial growing of tobacco some pot doesn't make it in and thru the process.

I'd guess they let police smell the real thing. They did it in the drug prevention class in our high school. They passed around a plastic shaker fulll of pot with lots of holes in it and everybody got to take a big sniff.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

A lot of cops have smoked pot at one time or another and also have family members and friends who smoke.
As for cigerettes smelling like weed. Yup, I've smelled that before. Ooooh Ooooh that smell, can't ya smell that smell:)

"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young